Lee Clark

Christmas Tree

I can't stand it when other fans tell me how Allardyce deserved more time so if those tht watched the games could see something I can't from results, then they know better than any of us I suppose. I don't even know what half of this alludes to...

You only had to see a game to know we were going nowhere.

Bad signings, bad tactics, poor substitutions and formations.

Out of form players constantly picked, team selection messed with every game. The McCombe debacle, re-signing Cads etc, etc.

Allied to the fact he is a man of supreme arrogance, little intellect and a with private life as tangled as his public/football life has meant he has finally gone and i am DELIGHTED!!

Read more: http://downatthemac....7#ixzz1mScqbYlW

Edited by Happy Face

I can't stand it when other fans tell me how Allardyce deserved more time so if those tht watched the games could see something I can't from results, then they know better than any of us I suppose. I don't even know what half of this alludes to...

Out of form players constantly picked, team selection messed with every game. The McCombe debacle, re-signing Cads etc, etc.

Allied to the fact he is a man of supreme arrogance, little intellect and a with private life as tangled as his public/football life has meant he has finally gone and i am DELIGHTED!!

Any ideas what that means about his private life?

Yeah but we weren't 4th in the league with Allardyce. I'd have had far less problem with Sam's hoofball if it got us into the CL.

Aye, but they've failed in the playoffs 2 years running and look like hoying away the chance of automatic promotion again this year. It's not totally ridiculous that there's some frustration. Still agree it's a daft decision like.

Any ideas what that means about his private life?

That's what I was wondering, no-one on that forum seems to expand on it either.

I know he's had a lot of stick from other teams in the league saying he's had far more to spend in that division than other sides and with that type of investment they should be pissing the league. Don't know the stats like. All I can think of is that he's had a bit of stick from the board/owner and he's told them to fuck off and stick their job. Maybe.

Bit of a weird one, agree with Happy Face that I don't like having a big go at the fans after the slagging off we took over Allardyce but this one seems odd. Only 3 defeats in 55 games and a 48 match unbeaten run in the league and he's called tactically inept, took them from mid-table no hopes to flirting with promotion to the Championship. I mean they're the ones that pay their money to watch but it still seems odd, a few of them on that forum didn't even want to give thanks for his tenure just a quick 'good riddance' type post.

I know he's had a lot of stick from other teams in the league saying he's had far more to spend in that division than other sides and with that type of investment they should be p*ssing the league. Don't know the stats like. All I can think of is that he's had a bit of stick from the board/owner and he's told them to f*ck off and stick their job. Maybe.

Whether he's had far more to spend than the rest is irrelevant IMO, 3 defeats in 54 games says he was doing a decent job.

I hope they crash and burn.

Though I am Newcastle through and through .. I live in Huddersfield and have a season ticket for the Galpharm, I could not believe the news ... I was at last nights game v Sheffield utd, It was a typical derby match, their goal was the result of slack defending at a corner .. however .. in 3 seasons Clarky has turned the club around, been to the play off finals twice, a 43 match unbeaten run in the league, only 3 defeats in 55 matches, 4th in the league and only 4 points from automatic promotion, profits from transfers, Leicester wanted Lee when they sacked Erickson butt Lee remained loyal to Huddersfield.. theres his thanks for his loyalty, if there has been any problem it has been too many home draws, but to sack him, especially with a 35 second phone call ... is a disgrace, I can only imagine Hoyle has another manager lined up, my guess is Warnock, rumour is Lee will go to Leeds, wherever he goes good luck to him, as far as I`m concerned he should still be at the Galpharm.

A mate of mine is a Town supporter and he seemed very happy with Clark. Almost promoted last season. Looking like being in the mix again this season. Very strange decision.

There must be something else to it. Otherwise it just seems like a very stupid move by Huddersfield's board.

Though I am Newcastle through and through .. I live in Huddersfield and have a season ticket for the Galpharm, I could not believe the news ... I was at last nights game v Sheffield utd, It was a typical derby match, their goal was the result of slack defending at a corner .. however .. in 3 seasons Clarky has turned the club around, been to the play off finals twice, a 43 match unbeaten run in the league, only 3 defeats in 55 matches, 4th in the league and only 4 points from automatic promotion, profits from transfers, Leicester wanted Lee when they sacked Erickson butt Lee remained loyal to Huddersfield.. theres his thanks for his loyalty, if there has been any problem it has been too many home draws, but to sack him, especially with a 35 second phone call ... is a disgrace, I can only imagine Hoyle has another manager lined up, my guess is Warnock, rumour is Lee will go to Leeds, wherever he goes good luck to him, as far as I`m concerned he should still be at the Galpharm.

Good post.

Utterly baffling tbh, good luck to him wherever he ends up.

There must be something else behind this like, if Warnock , for example, is installed by the weekend Clarkie should take them to the fucking cleaners.

And whatever is going on in his private life should remain that - private. Has nowt to do with anyone but him.

Baffling. I wonder if this about money rather than success. Perhaps Clarke was taking a 'back me or sack me', on the basis he was demanding money for signings/loans to take the club to the next level? Perhaps a Keegan-esque flounce about it 'not being like the brochure' and the chairman's stared him down. Failing that, some personal indiscretion which makes his position untenable (but that being the case, you'd probably expect Clarkey to go quietly).

I can't believe it's about results, that would be mental.

I know he's had a lot of stick from other teams in the league saying he's had far more to spend in that division than other sides and with that type of investment they should be p*ssing the league. Don't know the stats like. All I can think of is that he's had a bit of stick from the board/owner and he's told them to f*ck off and stick their job. Maybe.

Whether he's had far more to spend than the rest is irrelevant IMO, 3 defeats in 54 games says he was doing a decent job.

Doesn't tell the whole story, in that 54 game period, he's had probably as many draws as he has had victories. And a decent job isn't what you expect when you give a manager a tonne of cash.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...eague-one/table

14 wins to 13 draws, i'd be getting frustrated as well, tells you something about the mentality of the team and it's manager when they keep bottling 3 points that many times and could easily be pissing the league if they showed more edge.

If this was, say Kevin Phillips the Huddersfield Manager instead of Lee Clarke would you be making the same posts?

Edited by citizenerased

Doesn't tell the whole story, in that 54 game period, he's had probably as many draws as he has had victories. And a decent job isn't what you expect when you give a manager a tonne of cash.

14 wins to 13 draws, i'd be getting frustrated as well, tells you something about the mentality of the team and it's manager when they keep bottling 3 points that many times and could easily be pissing the league if they showed more edge.

If this was, say Kevin Phillips the Huddersfield Manager instead of Lee Clarke would you be making the same posts?

Lost 3 games in 54? In 4th place and had them at the final last season. Weds have spent loads and came down last season. Sheff Utd also came down and Charlton did too?

Yeh, if that was Philips I would be baffled still.

Edited by wykikitoon

14 wins to 13 draws, i'd be getting frustrated as well, tells you something about the mentality of the team and it's manager when they keep bottling 3 points that many times and could easily be p*ssing the league if they showed more edge.

100% If it was Gary Bennett or Gordon Armstrong I'd still be saying it.

Sacked for losing 3 in 54 is scandalous. And it appears the LMA agrees.