Danny Murphy

Scottish Mag

DANNY MURPHY is ready to quit Charlton, with Manchester City and Newcastle battling for his £3million signature.

The England World Cup hopeful is unsettled at The Valley and has not been seeing eye-to-eye with boss Alan Curbishley.

Newcastle chief Graeme Souness is ready to offer former Charlton star Lee Bowyer and possibly Amdy Faye in a swap deal.

City boss Stuart Pearce is also a big fan of the player and could switch his focus to Murphy as his pursuit of Fulham's Steed Malbranque looks doomed.

Pearce will look to chairman John Wardle to fund the deal which should not be a problem as City have major finances available after the £21m summer sale of Shaun Wright-Phillips to Chelsea.

However, Newcastle appear to be in pole position with Curbishley keen on a deal for Bowyer who wants to return to London.

Curbishley said: "It is no secret Bowyer wants to come back to London if he can. I think he will look at us in that respect.

"At the moment we have made no bid for Bowyer and Newcastle have got Parker doubtful and Emre out.

"Once the window opens, we will see."

I'd like to see him here. He's a good player and has setup a lot of goals this season. Swapping him for that twat would be a good piece of business, even if we pay one or two million on that.

72418[/snapback]

Definitely agree. I've always liked Murphy, he's one of the few English players who is actually underrated. I don't think he would be first choice if everyone's fit, but seeing as that never happens, a swap deal for Bowyer plus one or two million sounds good. What's the source?

Edited by Bombadil

Great player all the same; he'd pick Owen's runs out well.

Another shock move?

http://www.tribalfootball.com/december/eng...ews8311205.html

Hmmm...

72429[/snapback]

;)

Unlike tribalfootball to just make stuff up, eh :rolleyes:

72431[/snapback]

Yup, though they do have about 8 strikers, and one of them would probably be better than Shola, for free.

thatll probably explain charltons recent slip in form. Murphy was outstanding while they were on their run. Since his form has dipped, they havent performed nearly as well. Good business if its true

Good free-kick taker isn't he?

Would settle in as Owen's already a toon player. Who knows, maybe we'll end up with Dudek as reserve for Shay if we keep buying ex liverpool players.  ;)

72446[/snapback]

I though we were on the verge of joing Birmingham as the "Chelsea Rejects", but now it looks like we could get rid of the "Chelsea" part...

Utter rubbish I am talking though.

Edited by TheInspiration

I'd gladly have Murphy instead of Bowyer and Faye, no question.

72457[/snapback]

AND ??

That would leave us a little short in midfield wouldn't it?

72459[/snapback]

Would it ? have you seen them play recently ? ;)