Newcastle sign removed

DEADMAN

doesn't make a difference its all fucking wrong all our history going down the drain. I will always call it st James park always I will never call it his shite name

well its not going down the drain because the fat cunt can do all he likes but we'l keep the history going.

Its a disgrace that Ashley is destroying our History and heritage it shows nothing but contempt for the club and the fans.

So what is a sponsorship deal brings in ten million nobodys exactly queing round the block to sign up, its just a cheap gimmick to promote his company.

Sports direct.com at St James` Park was just about acceptable but to drop the name completly is not.

And just suposing a sponser did come up with the cash the ground could end up being called any sort of daft name,

Sorry but this is the equivalent of the 30 pieces of silver.

And what next change of team colours/ ,change of club name?

The City Council should be bringing in some kind of enforcement notice.

Our ground allways has and allways will be

ST JAMES` PARK

Its a disgrace that Ashley is destroying our History and heritage it shows nothing but contempt for the club and the fans.

So what is a sponsorship deal brings in ten million nobodys exactly queing round the block to sign up, its just a cheap gimmick to promote his company.

Sports direct.com at St James` Park was just about acceptable but to drop the name completly is not.

And just suposing a sponser did come up with the cash the ground could end up being called any sort of daft name,

Sorry but this is the equivalent of the 30 pieces of silver.

And what next change of team colours/ ,change of club name?

The City Council should be bringing in some kind of enforcement notice.

Our ground allways has and allways will be

ST JAMES` PARK

Just so you know, there's only one 'L' in 'always'...

Today I made a replica St. James' Park sign out of a 30cm square piece of wood (alleged cheeseboard from some Christmas gift set tat), by writing "St. James' Park" on it in permanent marked pen. I took it in to town, photographed it, put the photo up on Twitter, left the "sign" on the hedge below where the sign was (right hand side, not the graffitied side), then headed off to see my dad's grave in Blaydon. This was at around 1pm.

A couple of hours later I was back in town, so I went back up to the ground & saw the "sign" was still there, so I took it up to Milburn Reception & attempted to ask them to give this to either Llambias or Ashley as I'd heard they'd lost the original sign & could have this as a replacement. They declined to take it from me & so I headed down to the Back Page, where I had a decent chat with the lad who works there (having a hard day as he's exactly the same name as the kid who did the graffito last night, suffering endless phone calls, texts & facebook requests - poor bugger).

After a while that lunatic Martin who used to be on Twitter saying all the mad, offensive, unhinged stuff to celebs came in & attempted to buy the signed Santon shirt in the window for a fiver; they wouldn't sell it to him, so I offered him my sign as a consolation prize. He said thanks, took it & left it outside. I took it home, but accidentally left it on the 38.

:icon_lol: " took it up to Milburn Reception" . . hey did the kid in The Back Page say if his choice "I'd had 8 cans of Fosters" product placement has proved fruitful yet ?

is that was the bleached blonde graffiti artist said?

irony is, lad from Back Page has a degree in fine art & is a trianed illustrator - think he may have made a better job of it than the one who did

Michael Atkinson, 29, of Hareydene, Newbiggin Hall,

Newcastle, was charged with criminal damage. He is due to appear before Newcastle Magistrates' Court on 7 March.

The graffiti was written on one of the walls at the ground below where one of the St James' Park signs had been.

Workmen later arrived to remove it.

The Mail, Friday:

Michael Atkinson quotes:

"I heard that they were taking the sign down at about 3pm yesterday on Facebook. I got so angry at Mike Ashley I couldn't believe they had waited so long to do this after selling the naming rights last year.

'I couldn't believe that they were doing it in broad daylight. It seems that whenever the club is doing well on the pitch, Ashley just kicks us fans in the knackers.

"It's such an iconic name, and Ashley is just out to promote his own business. People on Facebook were saying someone should go and put a new sign on the stadium once it had been taken down and I thought why not.

"I had a few cans of lager in the house, I'd had eight cans of Fosters, so at that point I decided I was going to make a stand and speak for all Newcastle fans.

"I couldn't believe how quiet the place was. I thought they would have loads of security making sure no-one did anything to the ground. I knew I was going to get arrested for what I was about to do, but I didn't care.

"I started to paint the letters on but after only two minutes, I was spotted by a police riot van and they asked me what I was doing. A security guard from Newcastle United then came out and I just held my hands up straight away.

"The police and the security guards were fine about everything, they just told me to stop what I was doing and to get in the police van.

"I'd do it again, no doubt. Ashley can't keep treating us fans like this. He has done some good such as buying Cisse, but when things are going well, it seems that he just does things to annoy the fans. It seems that he revels in being the bad guy."

http://nufc.com/

Can't decide if Gene Clark is one of the funniest posters on here or the most boring. He's definitely across between @yourservice and Monroe Transfer.

I don't actually care

EDIT: just checked your profile & i see you're just a little boy of 22

the day you were born (a Thursday), i bought "Little Baby Bunting" by Killdozer, one of the finest grinding, hardcore American bands ever.

you also share your birthday with my dad, who turned 55 when you arrived.

that night, i drank in the Trent House downstairs, as I often did of a Thursday evening back then

Edited by Gene_Clark

Can't decide if Gene Clark is one of the funniest posters on here or the most boring. He's definitely across between @yourservice and Monroe Transfer.

I don't actually care

EDIT: just checked your profile & i see you're just a little boy of 22

the day you were born (a Thursday), i bought "Little Baby Bunting" by Killdozer, one of the finest grinding, hardcore American bands ever.

you also share your birthday with my dad, who turned 55 when you arrived.

that night, i drank in the Trent House downstairs, as I often did of a Thursday evening back then

:lol: An extract from "My Life in Record Purchases: A Memoir" by Gene Clark. Soon to be serialised in the Evening Chronicle.

Killdozer were monumentally fuckin shite mind. Reckon Gene is a sort of Northumbrian Samuel Peyps for the 21st century. We are truly blessed.

interestingly 1989 was in the 20th century, while "Burt" & "The Rub" were Killdozer's finest moments; both on that album., which I attended after we beat Everton 2-0 in a rather unseason blizzard

the purchase was in preparation for their 22st March gig at the Broken Doll

did you ever see them live? The May 94 gig at The Cumberland was a particular highlight

Edited by Gene_Clark