Owen has a broken metatarsal

Pilchard Chops

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...rem/4572082.stm

Owen sidelined through broken toe

Michael Owen has broken a toe and will be sidelined for two to three months, Newcastle have confirmed.

The injury is a major blow for the Magpies, but England will be relieved that their star striker should be back in time for the summer's World Cup.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...rem/4572082.stm

Owen sidelined through broken toe

Michael Owen has broken a toe and will be sidelined for two to three months, Newcastle have confirmed.

The injury is a major blow for the Magpies, but England will be relieved that their star striker should be back in time for the summer's World Cup.

72531[/snapback]

yes thank god for that! ;)

It gets worse.....

England star Owen breaks his foot

Newcastle and England striker Michael Owen has broken a bone in his foot and will be sidelined for several months.

The 26-year-old fractured his fifth metatarsal during the Magpies' 2-0 defeat at Tottenham on New Year's Eve.

He is not expected to be a doubt for the World Cup finals in Germany this summer but his absence from Premiership action is a major blow to Newcastle.

In a further piece of bad news for the club, keeper Shay Given has suffered a suspected broken thumb.

St James' Park boss Graeme Souness bought Owen for £17m at the start of this season from Real Madrid.

And Republic of Ireland international Given has been one of Newcastle's most consistent performers this season.

72531[/snapback]

I don't give a shit about when he will be back for England, unfortunately that's all we'll be hearing about from the media over the next couple of months.

If I have to watch Ameobi play up front for two months ... I think I might kill myself.

72520[/snapback]

It really pains me to say it, but we will probably be even worse off if Shearer remains fit and plays in every match until Owen is back. Ameobi/Luque or even Ameobi up front on his own has to be better than Shearer/Ameobi...

Owen being injured i can deal with. its the 'judge me when i have all my fit players' bit, trotted out after every loss for the last 12months that is doing my nut in! even shearer had a dig in the press about it a couple of months back and hes still saying it!!! Please just sack him, pretty please, boumsong and luque could possibly be the worst buys since guivarche and tomasson. No other manager has the ability to turn 2 world class players into sunday league players. Just ours.

They reported on TalkSport this evening that Owen was booked in for the operation to pin his metatarsal in Manchester tomorrow. The aim is to get him back earlier...

I just hope to fuck, they don't follow other examples this season and rush him back too soon...

They reported on TalkSport this evening that Owen was booked in for the operation to pin his metatarsal in Manchester tomorrow. The aim is to get him back earlier...

I just hope to fuck, they don't follow other examples this season and rush him back too soon...

73031[/snapback]

No he won't be rushed back... but, don't worry, he'll be okay for the World Cup. ;)

Edited by MrBass

I see Owen in his interviews assuring people he`ll be back in time for a months premiership football which will have him fit for the world cup...

It would have been good to hear him say he`ll be back to ensure Newcastle have a good finish to the season..

I see Owen in his interviews assuring people he`ll be back in time for a months premiership football which will have him fit for the world cup...

It would have been good to hear him say he`ll be back to ensure Newcastle have a good finish to the season..

73291[/snapback]

Aye, that got on my tits as well. The World Cup appears to be his one and only concern.