Owen has a broken metatarsal

Pilchard Chops

I see Owen in his interviews assuring people he`ll be back in time for a months premiership football which will have him fit for the world cup...

It would have been good to hear him say he`ll be back to ensure Newcastle have a good finish to the season..

73291[/snapback]

Aye, that got on my tits as well. The World Cup appears to be his one and only concern.

73296[/snapback]

Two things have pissed me off lately, firstly the Owen / World Cup thing, secondly the 'When will Shearer break the record?' thing. After the Spurs debacle Mick Lowes/John Anderson were going on about how one of the positives was that Shearer would get the chance to break the record at home in the Tyne-Tees Derby. Jesus Wept!

I see Owen in his interviews assuring people he`ll be back in time for a months premiership football which will have him fit for the world cup...

It would have been good to hear him say he`ll be back to ensure Newcastle have a good finish to the season..

73291[/snapback]

Aye, that got on my tits as well. The World Cup appears to be his one and only concern.

73296[/snapback]

Two things have pissed me off lately, firstly the Owen / World Cup thing, secondly the 'When will Shearer break the record?' thing. After the Spurs debacle Mick Lowes/John Anderson were going on about how one of the positives was that Shearer would get the chance to break the record at home in the Tyne-Tees Derby. Jesus Wept!

73306[/snapback]

Agree with both posts. The World Cup thing is extremely annoying and as for Lowes and Anderson, I honestly don't know why people say they are better than the (admittedly bad) Lockwood and Miserable Mick Martin. For a match commentator, Lowes is so far up Souness' arse it's unbelievable.

He may well have a more mercenary attitude than Luque but he has the advantage of not being foreign/black and therefore free from such character traits.

73300[/snapback]

Yet he is being criticized for his mercenary attitude in this very thread.....

has anyone ever broken their 5th MT before. I know its sore like but Ive known players take 2-3 weeks off and carry on playing after the pain has subsided. If its displaced then fair dos but if its a straight forward fracture all this seems a bit unneccessary. We give patients at work a strap up bandage and kick them out to a clinic appointment the next day.

has anyone ever broken their 5th MT before. I know its sore like but Ive known players take 2-3 weeks off and carry on playing after the pain has subsided. If its displaced then fair dos but if its a straight forward fracture all this seems a bit unneccessary. We give patients at work a strap up bandage and kick them out to a clinic appointment the next day.

73570[/snapback]

All hail the NHS... :)