Romain Amalfitano

Christmas Tree

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's 23, never played in the top league in France, and he's 5ft9. Showing our Champions League mettle here like.

keep the faith. could be another master stroke by mr carr

Sewelly is just a kid off NO.

CT, let's not have another summer of you just copy/pasting every transfer rumor that hits your twitter timeline. :razz:

Sewelly is very knowledegable kid of NO who knows his onions.

Edited by Christmas Tree

Romain Amalfitano has again refused to confirm that he has signed for Newcastle United, although Sky Sports understands a deal has been concluded.

The 23-year-old midfielder has agreed terms on a three-year deal and will move to the North East on a Bosman free transfer this summer.

Amalfitano, brother of Marseille's Morgan, is a creative central midfielder who has attracted a great deal of interest with Reims in Ligue 2 this season.

Newcastle's own scouting system is particularly strong in France and they look to have again won the day by persuading Amalfitano to join the growing number of Frenchman at St James' Park.

Despite the reports, Amalfitano would only say that he is still flattered by the interest.

"It would be a dream come true, but also a big step from Ligue 2 in France to the Premier League," he told Sky Sports.

"I know there is a lot of reports that I signed for Newcastle but I have contacts with other clubs as well.

"I think my good season in the Ligue 2 has impressed many scouts in Europe's top league!

"Everyone will know at the end of the season where I will be playing my football next season."

Newcastle and Amalfitano appear unlikely to confirm a deal has been done until the end of the current campaign.

Sky