Romain Amalfitano

Christmas Tree

I'm telling you that if he was or want, you would be none the wiser.

So Im right on that one :lol:

Next, would you like to check how long I was a member of Newcastle Online?

(I'll give you a clue, its years (plural) not months) ;)

Edited by Christmas Tree

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let it go.

The only thing I concede to you is bra size.

• 4 weeks later...

On Tyneside to sign today according to .com

http://nufc.com/

One down.......

I kind of expect us to do the majority of our buying at the beginning of the window, when prices aren't crazy (in one direction or the other) and our selling at the end. Hopefully we tie up Ba to a new contract, and the noises from Simpson's camp is that he wants parity of pay with his team-mates and doesn't want to leave.

I'm nervous about this window as the spine of this side could very well leave and what remains would be an entirely different beast.

We have a European campaign ahead of us which means we need strength in depth. Hopefully this is being taken into consideration this summer.

Is this lad Guthrie's replacement?....at 23 year old he's not going to be in the "development squad" of anything like that. He's been bought for the first team squad. Reims got promoted so he's just had a canny season.

We have a European campaign ahead of us which means we need strength in depth. Hopefully this is being taken into consideration this summer.

Newcastle supporters need a dose of realism after a season in which St James’ Park glimpsed the prospect of Champions League football and finished fifth, ahead of Chelsea.

“I’m hoping that I will educate our fans for next season,” Pardew says. “If they think we can finish fifth with a European campaign and the finances we’ve got, it’s impossible. I honestly believe that you need to be a bit more open with the fans. The problem some managers have is they’re not open enough.”

Having achieved the board’s target of a top-10 finish, he insists: “This year, I’m sure we’ll say something like, ‘We’re looking for a top-eight finish, hopefully attack one of the cups and have a great run in Europe. I wouldn’t say we couldn’t challenge for the top six if we got knocked out of Europe. Then we wouldn’t have those extra 13 games.”

So there you have it folks.....league ambition sacrificed on the altar of vainglorious European adventures..... :glare:

Seriously, that sounds ok to me, its just the league is where the money is....you can't keep banging on about lack of finance and then dont try to compete to obtain more of it by piddling about in the Europa League. They really don't walk it like they talk it sometimes.

I feel better for that...havent had a whinge in weeks ;)

‘We’re looking for a top-eight finish, hopefully attack one of the cups and have a great run in Europe. I wouldn’t say we couldn’t challenge for the top six if we got knocked out of Europe

Nowt different to what we all said tbh

Newcastle supporters need a dose of realism after a season in which St James’ Park glimpsed the prospect of Champions League football and finished fifth, ahead of Chelsea.

“I’m hoping that I will educate our fans for next season,” Pardew says. “If they think we can finish fifth with a European campaign and the finances we’ve got, it’s impossible. I honestly believe that you need to be a bit more open with the fans. The problem some managers have is they’re not open enough.”

Having achieved the board’s target of a top-10 finish, he insists: “This year, I’m sure we’ll say something like, ‘We’re looking for a top-eight finish, hopefully attack one of the cups and have a great run in Europe. I wouldn’t say we couldn’t challenge for the top six if we got knocked out of Europe. Then we wouldn’t have those extra 13 games.”

So there you have it folks.....league ambition sacrificed on the altar of vainglorious European adventures..... :glare:

Seriously, that sounds ok to me, its just the league is where the money is....you can't keep banging on about lack of finance and then dont try to compete to obtain more of it by piddling about in the Europa League. They really don't walk it like they talk it sometimes.

I feel better for that...havent had a whinge in weeks ;)

:lol: