Derby Tickets Required!!!

NItoon

No mr pedantic, I'm saying that as of my first post at around 7.30 the website was showing 1 or 2 free, however when I and others clicked on them they wouldn't let you add them to the basket.

Therefore I phoned the ticket office and was told after a thorough check they were all gone.

Yeh that's about when I bought one - hence the post.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CabayeAye

Out of curiosity, do you work in a literary field?

academia mainly, but also involved in writing, as well as dabbling in publishing & mentoring of new writers

I'd have thought if you were a professional writer you'd capitalise the start of your sentence, use a single space between new and writers and use a full stop at the end!

Oh, how I love hoying stones from my glass house! :P

Fuck off you attention seeking prick.

Don't dodge the question, fuckface, tell me what your 'degree' is in!

My degree in Literary Studies involved elements of drama & Irish Literature; thoroughly loved it. 3 years of reading books; absolute heaven.

My Masters is in 20th Century American Literature & Creative Writing.

My abandoned PhD was a study of the interface between factual events and fictional interpretation of the working class experience in 50s & 60s Los Angeles in the work of Charles Bukowski & James Ellroy.

Love Bukowski like.

I'd have thought if you were a professional writer you'd capitalise the start of your sentence, use a single space between new and writers and use a full stop at the end!

Oh, how I love hoying stones from my glass house! :P

i could say i'm a shit typist & don't proofread what i put here, or pretend my postings are all part of "un grand hommage" to ee cummings.....

Right, now for the next piece of help if anyone will oblige - I have managed to find someone who will give me tickets. I am going to a guys house to collect his smartcard for entry to the ground. How do I know Im not gonna fork out money to be given an out of date platinum card etc. Any tips from experienced members or even a photo would be much appreciated

hmm, ill bear that one in mind - if he does in fact diddle me I may well cry

Advice please?!

If you're going to his house, you know where to complain.

However, legally, as STs are non-transferable in the terms & conditions, you wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Trust is all you've got mate

Right, now for the next piece of help if anyone will oblige - I have managed to find someone who will give me tickets. I am going to a guys house to collect his smartcard for entry to the ground. How do I know Im not gonna fork out money to be given an out of date platinum card etc. Any tips from experienced members or even a photo would be much appreciated

if he's giving you his smartcard, chances are he'll be more bothered about getting that back off you!