Newcastle United vs Dirty Inbred Mackems (Sunderland)

Aeris

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember as well, these 'passionate' safc players probably all got in their cars straight after the game and drove to the Quayside/Darras Hall/deepest Northumberland where they all live.

Unles someone had damaged their cars but that would not happen oh had........

Moral but aye.

It was a piss take of Songbird, who made the very same spelling mistake. ;)

Ah sorry haha. I even hate seeing mackem accent written, did you notice he was writing "dinnar" for don't know? What a left clem.

Cattermole is a terrible player, agree with Northernsoul's post. Cattermole is just a clogger and a spoiler but he's seen as some sort of gritty midfielder who'll grab the game by the scruff of the neck and drag the team with him, when in reality he just runs round putting in late challenges and losing his temper. The two early tackles by Cattermole on Tiote and then Tiote back on Cattermole showed the gulf in class, Cattermole just lunged in wildly like a total amateur whereas Tiote's retaliation was a hard challenge that won the ball although the ref cannot be faulted for giving them a free kick as it was an excessively hard challenge. It's not even worth comparing their skill on the ball as Tiote is head and shoulders above him and Tiote's reading of the game is better hence why he puts in a lot less late challenges than Cattermole. I think a lot of Tiote's bookings come from trying to avoid quick counters and stopping the opponents catching our defence short by just taking a booking and letting the team re group, whereas Cattermole's come from wild lunges and late tackles. FWIW I also really dislike how they call him Catt's.

Edited by Howay

From all I’ve read and heard in the aftermath of this game, I can only conclude that in the near future, a Tyne Wear derby will be marked by the death of a fan. Undoubtedly this fan will be one of ours, perhaps a solitary teenager at a bus stop or a middle-aged family man looking for his car, but he’ll be a black and whiter who will fall under a flurry of boots and fists, or a single stab by a bladed up sewer rat. I don’t want to sound alarmist, but the fact is, the mackems hate Newcastle United with such fury they will kill one or more of us to demonstrate that fact. The victim who dies will join Bobby Robson and Gary Speed in the litany of sick songs that are spread on sunderland message boards in preparation for games against us.Having watched the full game again, all I could conclude is that sunderland, both players and supporters, are completely out of control and that this mass, snarling hysteria is fed and nurtured by the highest echelons of the club.

Examine the conduct of both sets of fans; on Sunday, Shola Ameobi’s 90th minute equaliser was met with joyous scenes in the ground. However, not one person encroached upon the field of play; compare this with the Mackem reactions to Gyan’s equaliser last season when Steve Harper was assaulted or in October 2008, when Kieran Richardson’s goal was greeted with a mass pitch invasion and Shay Given being assaulted. Admittedly Alan Pardew did go slightly over the top with his celebrations, but at least he had the grace to apologise; unlike O’Neill who didn’t have the grace to accept the traditional post match glass of wine, artlessly preferring to get straight on the coach back to his Wearside midden, no doubt embellishing his fictional narrative on the day.

Each season, Newcastle fans travel to Wearside, by Metro, train, bus, car or even furniture van, and cause not a scrap of bother. On Sunday, the Mackems followed up their destruction of a train carriage en route to their cup replay in Smogland by trashing a Metro. This wasn’t a regular Metro, but a special one that went non-stop Park Lane to Central to allow them to get to the game. En route to the game, the windows of The Forth were put in; presumably in the belief that it is still 1983 and the NME were supping inside, rather than because it is an effete gastro pub, with a similarly effete post 92 clientele, even if the prix fixe menu is of an extraordinarily good standard.

In the ground several seats were smashed, two stewards were assaulted (a female punched in the face and a male pushed down a flight of stairs) and the toilets were wrecked, as well as having excrement smeared around them, presumably as some kind of Dirty Protest tribute to Niall Quinn, the Drumaville Pavees and their current manager, of whom more later.

However, such cretinous behaviour is perhaps to be expected for several reasons. Firstly, and most obviously, mackems are a lower form of life and visiting civilisation gets them all excited. Secondly, but most importantly, their club glorifies boorishness and encourages bellicose posturing. The famed free taxis home paid for by Niall Quinn for the sizeable number of their fans who were drunkenly out of control in Bristol airport in 2007, planted the seed in their minds that anti social behaviour will not only be tolerated by the club hierarchy, but rewarded.

The only reason Newcastle did not hand out another severe thrashing to the unwashed is that in the first half, Pardew’s team allowed themselves to be dragged down to the mackems’ level and engaged in a hideous kicking contest. The tone was set by Cattermole’s premeditated attack on Tiote after 40 seconds; having reputedly told Tiote in the tunnel that he’d “do” him, the man who wears the captain’s armband for sunderland deliberately scythed down Tiote in an assault intended to injure the Ivorian. Cattermole ought to have walked then. I remember Gordon Armstrong doing the same thing on Paul Bracewell in April 1993’s game that was decided by Scott Sellars’s free kick. Back then, Keegan’s team laughed it off and got on with the business of winning; sadly this was not the outcome in this instance. Newcastle’s adoption of strongarm tactics saw 4 rapid bookings, even if Simpson was rightly furious following McClean’s vile lunge on him.

The predictable conclusion to this passage of ale house clogging by the Magpies was the nonsensical penalty conceded by Williamson for a tug on Turner, which was celebrated in a deliberately provocative way by Frazier Campbell, intended to incense Newcastle fans and no doubt the cause of an imminent FA charge for incitement. Following this goal, a brief period of phoney war almost saw the Mackems go 2-0 ahead, but Krul made an excellent save from Bendtner and with that the Mackems retreated to their own 18 yard line for the remainder of the game. Despite being deservedly behind, the previously mentioned efforts from Ba and Coloccini could have seen Newcastle ahead at the break.

In the second period, especially after Sessegnon’s forearm smash on Tiote, who was himself booked for the only foul committed by a Newcastle played after the resumption, Newcastle were a joy to watch. Hatem Ben Arfa was Man of the Match by a street and showed exactly what Newcastle fans love to see; football artistry, poetry with the feet. We are the fans who idolise not only our number 9s, but the glorious ball players who’ve graced the Gallowgate turf; Beardsley, Tony Green, Len White, Bobby Mitchell, Hughie Gallagher, Colin Veitch and Pat Heard to name but a few. In contrast on Wearside, brutish, cowardly hatchet men like Joe Bolton, Charlie Hurley, John Kay, Kevin Ball and now Lee Cattermole are lauded.

Off the top of my head I can recall Gary Bennett, Howard Gayle, Paul Hardyman, Titus Bramble, Phil Bardsley, Sessegnon and Cattermole being dismissed from the field of play in derby games; not one of those names belongs to a Newcastle player. The meaning of that is self-evident; sunderland cannot control their players. This season alone Bardsley was sent off for a stamp, Sessegnon for an elbow and Cattermole for an unprovoked foul-mouthed tirade against a referee who’d done his level best amidst the mayhem, even if he missed at least 3 other penalties we should have had.

Laughably Cattermole’s conduct was excused by O’Neill in a post match interview where, summoning up all the traditional Celtic paranoia from his stint in Glasgow, he felt there were “mitigating circumstances.” According to O’Neill, there had been a Newcastle United presence in the referee’s room at half time. John Carver at this point interjected and pointed out, in no uncertain terms, that O’Neill was a liar. Obviously as far as the unwashed goes, if a lie is put out in to the real world, it becomes a fact; perhaps being caught out was the reason why O’Neill flounced out of Tyneside, preferring instead to make a cowardly interview with local radio on the Tuesday, replete with lies and innuendo. If you want to see real class and the conduct of perfect gentlemen, seek out the ESPN post match interview with Shola and Demba Ba. Articulate, incisive, humble and intelligent; these men are a credit to our club and the polar opposite of the scowling, snarling, spitting vermin from down the road.

As a minimum, the FA need to charge sunderland with failing to control their players, while both Campbell and McClean, for his comments on Twitter, should be brought to book. However, this will not be enough; when a sunderland message board is full of death threats against Pardew, things really need to stop. Back in 1996, the ban on away fans at derby games allowed for the formation of Wear Fans United to protest against the decision; 16 years on I can see no possible hope of a similar organisation being formed to calm the situation down. However, it has to be said this is not necessary on one side of the divide.

At Newcastle United, we fans police ourselves; we love the club and we respect our history and traditions. The same cannot be said of our local rivals; unless sunderland fans come to their senses and gain a sense of proportion about what is after all only a game of football, people will die on derby day. Those on Wearside must accept that this is where their conduct has them headed; they need a reality check before it is too late.

Good post that Gene, agree with the initial worry you raise. Open your mouth in mackem land and you can often be met with hostility due to your accent, when the reverse happens it tends to be met with piss taking and laughter. Years of living in our shadow have left them very very bitter, I think it was Ketsbia that mentioned the other day they'd saw our relegation as their time to shine but it's since been cut brutally short and Newcastle are back on top again quite clearly.

Agree totally that we were dragged into it, the gulf in class in the 2nd half was proof of that. They laugh off notions that our players are better but we have international quality in a lot of positions while they have who?

It beggars belief that they jabber on about class while their fans smear shit on walls and smash up pubs. It's like last season after the 5-1 the scrap that happened at the train station between what turned out to be a bunch of kids from Newcastle barely 16 and a bunch of grown men from Sunderland, yet mackems were joyous and alluded to this with posts such as "we lost the battle but won the war" disgusting behavior quite frankly. Their thug captain suits them to the ground. I didn't hear about the female steward taking a punch and I feel it sums up my view of the people when I say it doesn't shock me.

Again Gene, good post.

Has this been posted?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17271738

Moved his press conference forward two days specifically to respond to Pardew's comments about the derby. RATTLED. :lol:

He's taken the rest of the week off to work on a mix tape that he plans to play at the end of the derby at the SOL next year. The mackem insanity that surrounds the derby is infectious - it did for Brewcie and now O'Neill is losing it too.

Expect him to be sleeping in the Strawberry car park this time next year.

Has this been posted?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17271738

Moved his press conference forward two days specifically to respond to Pardew's comments about the derby. RATTLED. :lol:

He's taken the rest of the week off to work on a mix tape that he plans to play at the end of the derby at the SOL next year. The mackem insanity that surrounds the derby is infectious - it did for Brewcie and now O'Neill is losing it too.

Expect him to be sleeping in the Strawberry car park this time next year.

Proves the point Gene so eloquently makes.

His wiki says he's an avid follower of criminology. I'm not surprised - he loves to pay the part of forensic analyst and psuedo intellectual.

Pard really got to him. He's probabaly got a voodoo doll of him over a fire tonight. Stil, he holds his years well and don't we wish Bruce was still there.

I had a lot of respect for O'Neill when he took the time off to look after his wife and even when he took over that had a bit of a calming effect on my previous distate for the man and his brand of "football" but Sunday has now taken me back to despising him as much as I did when he was at Leicester. I know it's not "classy" but I would have loved to have seen Pardew chin the cunt.

Just read O'Neill's comments about Tiote. He's basically saying Tiote shouldn't have gone down like a house of cards when Sessegnon straight armed him in the chest/throat. It's bullshit.....any player is going to go down in those circumstances, whether they're badly hurt or not, they've just been assaulted.

I take more issue with Cattermole diving and play acting when he's not been touched. Or what about their pelanty when their player had his shirt grabbed and went down like a sack of spuds?

The hypocrisy is staggering.

I learned at the weekend that Pat Heard is now a stage hypnotist and illusionist. Which is a natural career progression as the fuckin useless prick only gave the illusion of being a footballer. No wonder Waddle and Beardsley fucked off.