The F1 2012 thread

Welsh Magpie

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone ever been to the test? I'm in Barcelona next weekend and theres testing on from 1st to 4th March and was wondering if its worth going, it's not too far to get to the circuit and tickets are on sale on the gates from what I can gather tickets are fairly cheap just don't want to be going up and seeing next to no action. Anyone know how many laps they tend to go out for when testing?

• 4 weeks later...

Cracking result Jenson. Hopefully setting his stall out for the entire season. Massively dominated the whole race..... and didn't Lewis know it? :lol:

I'm not vehemently against him but I do favour Button above him.

I'm a McLaren fan above being a specific fan of a driver and on that basis, I naturally want Lewis to do well. The comments I made above were more about his pretty public display of a huff. He must be a dream to play poker against.

Thought Vettel calling Karthikeyan an idiot was a bit harsh.

Really? I thought it was justified tbh (and I fucking hate Vettel). If you're being lapped you have an obligation to allow the driver lapping you to get through. In my opinion it should be mandatory that the driver being lapped gets out of the way (i.e. off the racing line). A lapped driver running into the back of a front runner is amateur.

And Karthikeyan wins no friends when he says "when these guys try to lap you, they bully you, it's so unfair..." This is F1 you clown not a casual Sunday drive....

Tit.

Love how the little cheat retired rather than finish outside the points. :D

There's benefits of 'retiring'. They can change certain parts of the car without any fear of penalty. Possibly a shrewd move by Red Bull - thinking ahead.

Love how the little cheat retired rather than finish outside the points. :D

There's benefits of 'retiring'. They can change certain parts of the car without any fear of penalty. Possibly a shrewd move by Red Bull - thinking ahead.

Aye of course there is, but I thought it very telling that Vettel has been spitting his dummy out because he's not cruising to victory anymore. Retiring from the race because you're not going to finish in the points and having a massive paddy at Karthikeyan is pathetic imo.

Also his tendency to 'swipe' at other drivers when racing means he's got his just desserts colliding with a backmarker to spoil his race.

tbf to him he's not 'swiped' at a driver for a while like. Aye there was the moment in Japan when he put Jenson on the grass but I'm of the opinion that the run down to the first corner is different to the remainder of the race and it's fair game to defend yourself off the line aggressively.

Last dangerous swipe I can remember is with Hamilton in the pits and that was a year back.

The retiring from the race wasn't a paddy as I've pointed out. He'll have be told to do it to put them at an advantage at the next event.

• 4 weeks later...

The whole thing's completely reprehensible. Mind, so's holding Eurovision in Azerbaijan. Horrible regimes one and all.

The thought of eurovision being used for political "leverage" :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

The whole thing's completely reprehensible. Mind, so's holding Eurovision in Azerbaijan. Horrible regimes one and all.

The thought of eurovision being used for political "leverage" :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Hey, the Azeri human rights groups are all coming out of the woodwork...

...and complaining about being subjected to two weeks of Eurovision. :razz:

I've said my piece on FB - fearful of what may come this weekend.

Just heard Bernie on the news comparing what's happening in Bahrain with Labour and the Tories disagreeing with each other. He's the biggest WUM on this planet and the press continue to lap him up!

• 2 months later...