The summer window 2012

Park Life

Who do you want rid/will go?

Who do you want in/positions/replacements ?

What do you think will actually happen?

What is needed to take the squad to the next level (6th/5th)?

Edited by Park Life

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who do you want rid/will go? --- No one really

Who do you want in/positions/replacements ? --- Two great wingers, a quality right back and cover for Coloccini/Taylor

What do you think will actually happen? --- We will lose some of the "stars" such as Tiote, Coloccini, Krul and possibly Ba due to his release clause however we will have some decent unknowns arrive.

What is needed to take the squad to the next level (6th/5th)? --- Building on what we have without losing anyone (which I think very unlikely)

I've averaged out the contribution from each area of the 442 (ie RM would mean a combo of Raylor/Obertan)..CD would be Collo/Taylor/Willi and so on..

RB..........................Collo...............LB

....................7*.....10.....................

............................Ba.....................

Shola/Cisse/Hba

Who do you want in/positions/replacements ? --- Two great wingers, a quality right back and cover for Coloccini/Taylor

What do you think will actually happen? --- We will lose some of the "stars" such as Tiote, Coloccini, Krul and possibly Ba due to his release clause however we will have some decent unknowns arrive.

What is needed to take the squad to the next level (6th/5th)? --- Building on what we have without losing anyone (which I think very unlikely)

If we're gonna continue with the classic 442 we ideally need two proper wingers.

I've averaged out the contribution from each area of the 442 (ie RM would mean a combo of Raylor/Obertan)..CD would be Collo/Taylor/Willi and so on..

Shola/Cisse/Hba

Are these "scores" based on anything in particular or are you just giving out your own scores.

While I do hope for better than Simpson, I do think he gets more negativity than he deserves. He's had two or three goal line clearances and nearly scored again on Sarurday.

Also the central midfield gets 8? Cabaye has gone rapidly downhill since his early promise, however I guess part of that is due to the fact that soon as the ball goes past the half way line we tend to give away so he is continually on the defensive.

Shola/Cisse/Hba

Are these "scores" based on anything in particular or are you just giving out your own scores.

While I do hope for better than Simpson, I do think he gets more negativity than he deserves. He's had two or three goal line clearances and nearly scored again on Sarurday.

They are based on a very special scoring tool that I invented.

Eh? Free kick against Man U, 3 match ban following Brighton, just back in the team now. He's been canny all year.

As for people coming in, get us another good centre-half, a right back and some wingers in (though Marveaux is to come back), I'll be happy. We're not the sort of club that can resist bids (few are) so wouldn't be surprised to lose Krul and Tiote.

We need a right winger, centre back, left back (Santon goes to right back) and CM cover. Whether Abeid or Vuckic can step up and be good replacements when Cabaye or Tiote are out remains to be seen.

That's on the assumption we don't sell anyone which is unlikely. Sounds cheesy but our best signing will probably be getting Colo and Ba sorted

I'd like to see the back of Xisco in particular. I suspect Guthrie and Simpson may elect to leave. Lovenkrands and Smith will go as their contracts terminate. I'd like to see a top RW, LB and CB come in with Santon moving to RB. I don't want any of our stars to get sold but I suspect Ba may go.

I'd like to see the back of Xisco in particular. I suspect Guthrie and Simpson may elect to leave. Lovenkrands and Smith will go as their contracts terminate. I'd like to see a top RW, LB and CB come in with Santon moving to RB. I don't want any of our stars to get sold but I suspect Ba may go.

Thought Xisco was long gone?

Thought Xisco was long gone?

still on the books till next summer

Who do you want rid/will go? --- Smith, Lovenkrands, Xisco and Perch all have to go.

Who do you want in/positions/replacements ? --- 1st team CB, 1st team FB, 1st team RW, Squad CB & DM

What do you think will actually happen? --- We'll sign a couple of surprises, a duffer or two and we'll lose HBA, R.Taylor and an outside chance of losing Tiote

What is needed to take the squad to the next level (6th/5th)? --- 4-5 players, of whom 3-4 are first teamers

Forwards: I think a forward line of Cisse, Ba, HBA, Best, Shola, is deep enough for our needs but I wouldn't say no to adding depth to any position if the right player becomes available.

Midfield: Centre is all right, Cabaye has a moderate deputy in Guthrie, Gosling hasn't done anything to impress me so far, but with Vuckic seemingly improving and getting games for Cardiff I think the more creative side of the middle is ok. Tiote's only real deputy is Perch and that's something we need to address as by the very nature of the position and role, it's more likely Tiote will be missing due to suspensions (And of course his absence during the Cup of Nations next year).

Jonas has that wide left position sewn up and with Sameobi, Marveaux and Ferguson pushing him I think we're pretty well stocked.

Wide right is an obvious weakness, exacerbated by Simpson's limited ability, so I'd want us to buy a good wide player who doesn't drift inside too much or spend some money on a very good right back (leftback if Santon is to switch flanks)

Defence: We need Colo to sign the contract as we're fucked without him. I'd want another 2 centre backs if I'm honest as while Taylor has improved alongside the captain I think he's at his peak, ability wise.

Simpson isn't as bad as people make out, yes he's frustrating when he backs off and yes he's sometimes caught out of position because he's bombed on, but I reckon with a quality right winger he'd develop a better understanding of where he should be at any given time. I'd still obviously prefer to have a better player in what is clearly a weak area, but I think we have bigger priorities.

Goalkeeper: Timmy must be tied to a big contract as he's one of the finest 'keepers in the league this season and he's still so young. Behind him we have sufficient depth in my opinion.

Shola/Cisse/Hba

The man's a cone.

Fuck the above......We're going for the CL next season :)

Thing is next season, I reckon Chelsea & Arsenal minimum will be much improved, certainly Chelsea anyway. We're miles off CL but Europe a good shout.

Once Smith's wages are off the books, we'll have enough to get a decent CM in.

I think the RW is weak as fuck, front to back. Simpson is a decent sub, we should be looking for a top full back. I think Santon is more than decent enough.

CB, RW, FB, CM, in that order.