Krul + Colo sign up

NJS

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant news with regard to Colo, particularly as he clearly wants to stay. He was one I was worried about. Looks like we might be prepared after all to offer contracts to older senior pros.

Excellent and what a message this should send to all fans. Colo great but Krul extending as well shows a desire that the players want to stay and are not looking for a summer move.

I really wasn't expecting this news. Great way to start the derby weekend.

Nice little boost ahead of tomorrow. Unbelievably the club seems to be doing most things right (stadium name changes aside) at the moment.

Still time yet! We need to be keeping all of our players in the summer, bar maybe obertan/Shola, and adding a full back, winger, midfielder. Hopeful a European place will convince Ashley not to cash in

Andy Carroll signed a long contract as well! ;)

Good news though all the same, if even for the fact it makes it a bit more expensive and a little less likely to prise them away. Where Collicini is concerned I think they might have done this knowing Liverpool are interested and they have proven to pay over the odds if Kenny wants his man. Collicini is 30 and it isn't like our club to hand out four and five year contracts to a player that age. So still slightly wary that he wont remain at St. James' Park.

Like I said, though, good news all the same.

Good news though all the same, if even for the fact it makes it a bit more expensive and a little less likely to prise them away. Where Collicini is concerned I think they might have done this knowing Liverpool are interested and they have proven to pay over the odds if Kenny wants his man. Collicini is 30 and it isn't like our club to hand out four and five year contracts to a player that age. So still slightly wary that he wont remain at St. James' Park.

Well if its only a Carrollesq offer that will shift then I would be quite confident. Colo is 30 so doubt massive money would come in for him, was De Gea about £16m? Add another 10 to that for Krul

Well if its only a Carrollesq offer that will shift then I would be quite confident. Colo is 30 so doubt massive money would come in for him, was De Gea about £16m? Add another 10 to that for Krul

Not Carroll like, but instead of losing him for a couple of million next year with one year left on his contract might he now accept £10M + for a 30 year old?

I'd accept £10+ million for Colo in the summer so that's not a problem.

Great news on both btw, we've currently got some quality players kicking around the squad and I plan on spending my time enjoying them while they are here rather than being down about the possibility of them leaving every window.

This is excellent news, two of our more essential players signing up for the long term. Got to be good for the club's future, these are the players we need to be hanging on to (not selling for £10m+ in the summer)