Krul + Colo sign up

NJS

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd accept £10+ million for Colo in the summer so that's not a problem.

And how much do you think he would cost to replace?

Depends who they replace him with, obviously.

While he's been quality for the majority of the season if he were to leave it would give us the option of giving the centre backs a complete overhaul, like I said he has been quality but he does have some big weaknesses to his game that have left us exposed this season, mainly his lack of pace and average ability in the air.

Why sacrifice the player who, perhaps Woodgate aside, has clearly been the best centre back this club has had in decades?

Our central defence needs enhancing, not overhauling.

I'd accept £10+ million for Colo in the summer so that's not a problem.

And how much do you think he would cost to replace?

While he's been quality for the majority of the season if he were to leave it would give us the option of giving the centre backs a complete overhaul, like I said he has been quality but he does have some big weaknesses to his game that have left us exposed this season, mainly his lack of pace and average ability in the air.

Selling him would almost inevitably result in a worsened back 4 because of the fee/wages required to replace with similar quality. Giving the back 4 "a complete overhaul" is a fucking expensive business even if you get it right first time, which is extremely rare. "10m for a 30 year old" is fucking horrible business if it costs you double that and a season and a half to find an adequate replacement.

Great news to have Colo signed up.

With Coloccini & a fit Taylor we could have the starting CB's sorted for years, all we need is some decent back up.

Why sacrifice the player who, perhaps Woodgate aside, has clearly been the best centre back this club has had in decades?

Agree with this, need a rb or lb depending where we play Santon and someone to challenge Taylor at cb.

Being average at something is by distinction not a weakness. For example, I wouldn't say your ability to be the forum's contrarian was average. Would I?

Anyway, great news. Did not expect Colo to sign. I thought it would just drag on for months and then he would be sold in the summer. Great stuff. Krul signing too is equal or even better news.

I'm not disputing how good an individual he is, I just think if he were to leave the chance to bring in 2 big athletes that are both quick and can bully strikers is one I would seriously consider taking.

I think it's about evolving more than overhauling so that wasn't the best choice of words on my part but I just see him being such a difficult player to find the right partner for because of what he lacks, where as signing 2 players that are capable of former a better partnership could be the better option to make us stronger back there.

Was getting worried we were going to lose both for peanuts in the summer! Great news, 2 absolute key players for the team. Now hopefully this vague promise of a new CB summer signing wasn't a load of crap...

Being average at something is by distinction not a weakness. For example, I wouldn't say your ability to be the forum's contrarian was average. Would I?

Anyway, great news. Did not expect Colo to sign. I thought it would just drag on for months and then he would be sold in the summer. Great stuff. Krul signing too is equal or even better news.

Where as I have no idea who you are or that you posted on this forum until you quoted this posted, so perhaps not having the exact same opion as the majority of on every single matter isn't the worst thing in the world.

I think it's about evolving more than overhauling so that wasn't the best choice of words on my part but I just see him being such a difficult player to find the right partner for because of what he lacks, where as signing 2 players that are capable of former a better partnership could be the better option to make us stronger back there.

Absolute rubbish. You don't evolve your defence by selling your best player in the back four. I fail to see what is so difficult about finding a partner for him, it's much easier to find a physical CB than one like Colo who is cultured and comfortable on the ball.

Absolute rubbish. You don't evolve your defence by selling your best player in the back four. I fail to see what is so difficult about finding a partner for him, it's much easier to find a physical CB than one like Colo who is cultured and comfortable on the ball.

Early days yet but have we evolved our strikeforce by selling our best striker?

Coloccini is much more important to us than Andy Carroll was. Never mind the fact that replacing a CB is a much trickier job than replacing a striker.

No he isn't, Carroll was unplayable at times for us and that's a level Coloccini has never been at.

So you agree then that we've evolved our strikeforce by selling our best striker, I'd say we evolved the whole teak by selling one of the top scoring midfielders in the league too so of course we can do it with our back 4 as long as we bring in the right people.

Otherwise we're going to be fucked when he does leave.

Brilliant news. Club showing ambition as well, not that everyone will recognise it.

Simple point but just that. It's great news and shows that players on top of their game want to stay and play here. Shows good intent by the club. Sure, some will want to put a negative spin on it, but some can only see that way and theres nowt the club can do to change it.

Chuffed with this like. Next is like to see Ba tied down to a new deal so we can shake off the usual shite about him.

Guest CabayeAye

Coloccini is much more important to us than Andy Carroll was. Never mind the fact that replacing a CB is a much trickier job than replacing a striker.

No he isn't, Carroll was unplayable at times for us and that's a level Coloccini has never been at.

So you agree then that we've evolved our strikeforce by selling our best striker, I'd say we evolved the whole teak by selling one of the top scoring midfielders in the league too so of course we can do it with our back 4 as long as we bring in the right people.

I hate that word - "unplayable".

Just because he beat the Arsenal keeper to an aerial ball ages ago doesn't make him impossible to defend against. In fact defences all over the country have had no problems reducing his impact to near zero.

Colo on the other hand is right up there in terms of World class CBs.

Just because he beat the Arsenal keeper to an aerial ball ages ago doesn't make him impossible to defend against. In fact defences all over the country have had no problems reducing his impact to near zero.

We're talking about what he did while here and defenders couldn't handle him, I'm not sure how anyone can argue that.

How is Coloccini World class btw? What attributes does he have that puts him in the elite group?

Guest CabayeAye

We're talking about what he did while here and defenders couldn't handle him, I'm not sure how anyone can argue that.

How is Coloccini World class btw? What attributes does he have that puts him in the elite group?

I'm living in the here and now, and right now, Carroll can't even get near the England squad, despite a desperate shortage of strikers and him playing for a 'right' club.

And If you can't see why Coloccini is so good, perhaps you should give up on football and try something else. Knitting, maybe?