Krul + Colo sign up

NJS

Baggio, how many better CBs have we had over the last 20 years?

This is the point like. They're few and far between. Having said that, this is a pointless exercise cos he's either on the wind up or stupid (to think that it's a straightforward job finding top quality centre halfs).

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the point like. They're few and far between. Having said that, this is a pointless exercise cos he's either on the wind up or stupid (to think that it's a straightforward job finding top quality centre halfs).

Excellent, and for me unexepected, news this. Colocinni I would say is the best defender I have seen at the club bearing in mind he's rarely injured. Strangely, I thought Baggio had been making some alright posts recently but he's talking complete shit on this one. An idiot or a wum.

You might have a point if it wasn't for the complete lack of quality we've had in that department over the years, the same way as you would struggle to find a beefed right back here in the past 20 years than Beye but again that is down to the shite we've had there previously.

Like I said I rate Coloccini highly but the talk of him being irreplaceable or world class is just going too far and if that makes me a wum then so be it.

You might have a point if it wasn't for the complete lack of quality we've had in that department over the years, the same way as you would struggle to find a beefed right back here in the past 20 years than Beye but again that is down to the shite we've had there previously.

Like I said I rate Coloccini highly but the talk of him being irreplaceable or world class is just going too far and if that makes me a wum then so be it.

Either a wum or stupid. We gave you two choices.

What you're saying amounts to "Yeah we've got a very good centre half, in the top two that we've had in the last 20 years. But it wouldn't hurt to sell him and roll the dice on a replacement." I mean if that's not a wind up, then it's stupid, no?

Either a wum or stupid. We gave you two choices.

What you're saying amounts to "Yeah we've got a very good centre half, in the top two that we've had in the last 20 years. But it wouldn't hurt to sell him and roll the dice on a replacement." I mean if that's not a wind up, then it's stupid, no?

I don't see it as either, I see it as having a very good player with some obvious flaws in his game that I'd take the money if it was offered and gamble on having a better partnership at the back at the end of it. I honestly think some people would have stuck with Hughton, Barton,Nolan,Carroll etc rather than gambling on improvement.

Out of interest, presuming Woodgate and Coloccini are your 2 top ranked centre backs of the past 20 years, who would you have as 3rd and4th on the list?

Guest CabayeAye

Obvious flaws in his game?! Like what, he doesn't average a goal a game and he's never made a save or scored a penalty?!

Oh and 3rd would be Phillipe Albert and 4th would be Steven Taylor.

Obvious flaws in his game?! Like what, he doesn't average a goal a game and he's never made a save or scored a penalty?!

Oh and 3rd would be Phillipe Albert and 4th would be Steven Taylor.

If those are the 3rd and 4th best centre halves the club has had in the past 20 years then being 2nd best is hardly an achievement.

His weaknesses are his lack of pace, lack of ability in the air and he doesn't hold his position well, whether it's being pulled high while marking or chasing after the ball when it's better to leave it to a team mate.

Now what makes him world class?

Why sacrifice the player who, perhaps Woodgate aside, has clearly been the best centre back this club has had in decades?

Our central defence needs enhancing, not overhauling.

I'm not disputing how good an individual he is, I just think if he were to leave the chance to bring in 2 big athletes that are both quick and can bully strikers is one I would seriously consider taking.

I think it's about evolving more than overhauling so that wasn't the best choice of words on my part but I just see him being such a difficult player to find the right partner for because of what he lacks, where as signing 2 players that are capable of former a better partnership could be the better option to make us stronger back there.

Selling your best defender makes absolutely no sense at all however you want to dress it up!

That's the point he's making, you absolute clown! :lol:

Colo would be world class if he was quick. He is a world class tackler though IMO. Great judge of when to stick his foot in, stalks his prey then moves in for the kill - as opposed to Simpson who will never make the move.

That's the point he's making, you absolute clown! :lol:

Of course it's not, unless you think he was attempting to give Coloccini a back handed compliment?

Hang on.

You advocate selling our one decent centre back in the blind hope we'd sign two better. Ewerk tries to make you open your eyes to the fact he's the best CB we've had in 20 years which you reply to by agreeing with him!! :lol:

Read what's being typed you idiot!

Just to clarify, my point was indeed that it would be madness to sell one of our best CBs in recent history in the hope that we would be able to replace him with two players who would improve the defence overall. If we were offered £35m then fair enough but any offer would be likely to be around the £10m mark.

:lol: How is this even a conversation, Colo is our best defender by a long way there's absolutely no way of twisting selling him and trying to replace him as a positive. The point that he's our best (or 2nd best) CB for over 20 years shows how hard it is to get in defenders, IF we sold Colo for £10m how do you think we'd get in two players of his level of quality and younger for cheaper? Ewerk's first point was that Colo is the difficult defender to buy, the ball playing one the Rio Ferdinand type then you just need to find the Vidic to go alongside him. Selling Colo means we'd need both a ball playing defender and a physical one.

Edit: Fantastic news on both these two signing!

Edited by Howay

Two of our top players sign long term deals and not a peep from Leazes, speaks fucking volumes for the man. I may not get to many games but I know how to be happy when something positive happens. The sad, Freddy loving mug must be having a mare at the moment. Not good news Leazes????

Two of our top players sign long term deals and not a peep from Leazes, speaks fucking volumes for the man. I may not get to many games but I know how to be happy when something positive happens. The sad, Freddy loving mug must be having a mare at the moment. Not good news Leazes????

I asked him why he didn't comment after we brought the Arsenal game back to 4-4, his answer was along the lines of 'why would I need to comment, I have seen it all before'.

Not taking the piss either, seems to have himself so entrenched in the old board/new board debate that he no longer takes any satisfaction in anything going well for us any more. It's a bit sad really considering how much time, money and devotion he has put in to following us. He would be a hell of a lot happier if he just finally dropped the whole thing and concentrated on enjoying the good times.

Not sure what he could possible deem as a negative from the Colo signing but I guess he will look at the Krul contract as just 'a guarantee of more money when we eventually do sell him'.

Edited by Gejon

Fuck sake man people wonder why he goes on. Can you not enjoy something good without getting in a pop at him

Fuck sake man people wonder why he goes on. Can you not enjoy something good without getting in a pop at him

I can and I am but I'm just pointing out he will never, ever, give credit to the club while Ashley is here. He's a fucking joke