Season Ticket deals 2012/13

Christmas Tree

Nine-Year Price Freeze Deal For Season Ticket Holders

Following the success of Newcastle United's groundbreaking ten-year fixed-price season ticket deal, which began at the start of the current campaign, the Club has unveiled a new nine-year scheme starting next season for supporters who missed out on the offer.

The 20,000 fans who took advantage of the ten-year price freeze, offered in February 2011, will see no increase in their season ticket cost until the summer of 2021 and can simply opt out should their circumstances alter.

That deal now represents even better value for money with the Magpies exceeding the expectations of most pundits to occupy a top six position in the Barclays Premier League.

Now the Club is offering fans a second chance to come on board with the initiative, freezing this year's season ticket price for a further nine years. There will be no price increase for fans choosing the nine year deal, compared to a five per cent price increase for season tickets purchased for 2012/13 only.

Tickets can be paid for annually or by monthly Direct Debit, and signing up to the offer also means a five per cent saving on the 2012/13 campaign. Supporters can opt out of the offer if they choose (opt outs for the following season must be received by 31st January).

Signing up for the nine-year deal over 11 months (April to February) will mean fans in standard seating pay less than £52 a month.

To avoid disappointment, the club wishes to clarify that there will be no repeat of the half-price season ticket deal that was offered to existing season ticket holders in October last year.

Newcastle United's Managing Director, Derek Llambias, said: "Last year's offer proved extremely popular and there was a fantastic response from the supporters - and no wonder, because we felt it was a great deal.

"Since then, the team has made great progress under Alan Pardew and we have made exciting signings such as our new number nine, Papiss Cisse. Those who signed up to the ten year deal really have got great value for money.

"That's why we're keen to do something similar again, so that anybody who missed out can secure their seat and rest assured that the price of their season ticket in 2020/21 is not a penny more than it will be in 2012/13.

"It's important that fans are assured they can opt out without any penalty if they wish to do so. There is no catch.

"We've had a handful of sell-outs already this year and we hope this scheme will lead to even more next season. That helps to create a great atmosphere at our stadium and we hope supporters will want to be part of it for the next nine years - and beyond."

Season ticket holders also receive club membership, which will provide fans with a host of new benefits and discounts from next season, as well as the existing 'money-can't-buy' offers. Club membership was discounted to £15 for the 2011/12 campaign. The standard membership price of £25 will be applied to all season tickets for 2012/13. There will be no membership increase for junior members.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20120305/nine-year-price-freeze-deal-for-season-ticket-holders_2281670_2634397

So it basically looks like anyone not signed up will be facing a 5% price increase. Membership next year will be £25 for everyone and not £15.

Guess Im going to have to get on the 9 year jobby unless theres a catch to it that Ive missed?

Mr Postman has just delivered my renewal letter from Derek. :)

The 9 year seems a no brainer having read the small print. As long as you opt out before jan 31st there are no catches.

Might as well have the extra £30 in my pocket.

It's a brilliant way to stop people giving up on tickets down the line.

I'm paying £450 for a seat that should be £550 this season.

Next season with a 5% hike it'll be £580. They aren't getting the complaints about the hikes cos you're only affected if you're new.

I'll not give up my £450 ticket in 5 years when it's up to £700 a year. But I'll be buggered in 9 years whe it's over £800 and i have to pay almost double.

• 2 months later...

Mr Postman has just delivered my renewal letter from Derek. :)

The 9 year seems a no brainer having read the small print. As long as you opt out before jan 31st there are no catches.

Wonder why Jan 31st and not end of season. T'is a good deal mind.