As close to relegation...

Scottish Mag

It is in stats - but with regards to the way we are playing we are more likely to be playing Derby matches next year rather than european.

72589[/snapback]

relegation is a possibilty now that Owen is out.

72595[/snapback]

Stand by to be ridiculed.

72598[/snapback]

I'll just say: 5 points from 9 games without Owen. ;)

This is the cross-roads of our season.

72587[/snapback]

cross roads to either a better future, or not much mate.

Souness has presided over the worst team, results, and performances in years, just like he did at Liverpool

Those who refused to look at his track record, and listened to the double standard shite and obvious agenda he spouted ...

After spending 30 million we should be able to field a decent squad even allowing for injury.

And yet the results this season have proved we are a one man club relying on Michael Owen to get us out of the shit.

Now he is out probably for most of the rest of the season and we are well and truly in it.

Our only hope is that there are three teams worse than us the Mackems are doomed so probably are Birmingham but the other relegation spot is up for grabs.

Doubtless Souness will winge that we are in the situation we are in due to injury.

Fact is he has largely WASTED money bringinging in a bunch of tossers who are incapable of beating a non league side.

The only decent player we have left is Shearer who is worn out.

Somebody please help

;)

Edited by pertoon

Think the following line served up by .COM speaks volumes...

And now that the £16m get out of jail card cannot be played, there's no hiding place for Graeme Souness and his staff.

I fear for the coming months, I really do...

And now that the £16m get out of jail card cannot be played, there's no hiding place for Graeme Souness and his staff.

72800[/snapback]

Exactly how I felt at least 12 months ago. Nice to know you can finally see reality. ;)

Remember my prediction last summer just before the signing of the get out of jail card? His goals so far might yet save us, but we're in for a struggle now and I think it'll be touch and go. Today's game with the nappy rippers is massive.

On another note, it's nice to see nufc.com filling their site with ideas from here, like. The 'get out of jail card' bit you mention, and today they've even nicked the stuff from Rob W comparing points between this season and last season!!!

Edited by Howaythelads

72800[/snapback]

Exactly how I felt at least 12 months ago. Nice to know you can finally see reality. :rolleyes:

72824[/snapback]

My opinions of Souness haven't changed a bit in the last 12 months. ;)

72800[/snapback]

Exactly how I felt at least 12 months ago. Nice to know you can finally see reality. ;)

Remember my prediction last summer just before the signing of the get out of jail card? His goals so far might yet save us, but we're in for a struggle now and I think it'll be touch and go. Today's game with the nappy rippers is massive.

On another note, it's nice to see nufc.com filling their site with ideas from here, like. The 'get out of jail card' bit you mention, and today they've even nicked the stuff from Rob W comparing points between this season and last season!!!

72824[/snapback]

Can I just add about that the prsospects of relegation are very real now precisely because the mackems are so shit? It looks more than likely that they are going to beat their previous record of 19 points. Last time this happened, all the points that even the wrost team would normally get were distributed to the surrounding teams, which effectively raised the relegation bar to 42 points, when West Ham were relegated. Can we really get 16 points or more in our remaining games? Probably, but what happens if we go through a crisis, like at the start of the season?

With the debt we have taken on relegation would effectively kill this club. It's a worst case scenario maybe, but we would be fools to be complacent and not take the threat seriously. The fact that the mackems might be partly responsible would be the ultimate irony.

Can I just add about that the prsospects of relegation are very real now precisely because the mackems are so shit? It looks more than likely that they are going to beat their previous record of 19 points. Last time this happened, all the points that even the wrost team would normally get were distributed to the surrounding teams, which effectively raised the relegation bar to 42 points, when West Ham were relegated. Can we really get 16 points or more in our remaining games? Probably, but what happens if we go through a crisis, like at the start of the season?

With the debt we have taken on relegation would effectively kill this club. It's a worst case scenario maybe, but we would be fools to be complacent and not take the threat seriously. The fact that the mackems might be partly responsible would be the ultimate irony.

73369[/snapback]

I know I'm worried about it.

73369[/snapback]

I know I'm worried about it.

73371[/snapback]

.com are calculating the points the Mackems reach. Doing the same calculation using the ratio of points from games without Owen Newcastle end up with 37 points. ;)

72800[/snapback]

Exactly how I felt at least 12 months ago. Nice to know you can finally see reality. :)

72824[/snapback]

73369[/snapback]

You're saying here what I was on about in the summer, mate. I have to agree with you.

Perhaps FS will stump up another £17m for another get out of jail card, just like he did in the summer. The day we we sign another striker to replace Owen will be the day you'll be told you were a nob, a wanker or a mackem to even be talking about relegation. ;)

Edited by Howaythelads