NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

Ant, can you have a look at this quote tags issue please? Just when you get a chance. It's a right ballache trying to fix it on a phone.

The full thing has been shite since he fannied on with it in December. There I've said it. Would be better as it used to be.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's exactly my point though - we've switched Perch to centre back and he's done fine recently, and Steven Taylor played loads of games as a full back before making the step up.

I'm not suggesting that I expect our full backs to be able to slot into centre back without any bother, just that the Norwich game highlighted just how poor a player Simpson was.

Perch was worse in the Norwich game.

If Andy Carroll wasn't a complete and utter spazz it would have been a different story for old Perchaldildho - the way Carroll went by him like he wasn't there was embarrassing. He went on to play well in the rest of the game, but as a centre back all it takes is one moment, one lapse in concentration, one bad decision to turn a match. Imagine Carroll had scored, it could have been a completely different match.

That's exactly my point though - we've switched Perch to centre back and he's done fine recently, and Steven Taylor played loads of games as a full back before making the step up.

I'm not suggesting that I expect our full backs to be able to slot into centre back without any bother, just that the Norwich game highlighted just how poor a player Simpson was.

If Andy Carroll wasn't a complete and utter spazz it would have been a different story for old Perchaldildho - the way Carroll went by him like he wasn't there was embarrassing. He went on to play well in the rest of the game, but as a centre back all it takes is one moment, one lapse in concentration, one bad decision to turn a match. Imagine Carroll had scored, it could have been a completely different match.

The amount of times that happens to Rio and Terry and they get away with it is unbelievable. Perch was outstanding I say that as someone who thought he was one of our worst ever buys up there with your Darren Bradshaw's and your Wayne Quinn's. I've seen Carroll give Terry a tougher time on numerous occasions.

The amount of times that happens to Rio and Terry and they get away with it is unbelievable. Perch was outstanding I say that as someone who thought he was one of our worst ever buys up there with your Darren Bradshaw's and your Wayne Quinn's. I've seen Carroll give Terry a tougher time on numerous occasions.

Perch has been very good mate, it seems almost everybody is surprised at how well he has played. Andy Carroll though, to be fair, seems to me has been very unmotivated since his transfer. Doesn't say much for him as a professional I suppose, but he's a shadow of the player he was for us in his last 18 months.

Two washed up defenders I couldn't care less about. Just watched it again to confirm - Perches defending on that play was ordinary, he had the time and positioning to keep Carroll wide, but came across and failed to stop Carroll going right by him towards the centre of the box. He didn't actually do anything just ran briefly between Carroll and the goal, Carroll touched the ball on and it went between Perches legs without the defender making any attempt to stop it.

Now I don't expect Perch to be positionally the best centre back out there, but had Andy Carroll not had a brain explosion they would have been 1-0 up inside 10 minutes and Perch would have been partly to blame.

You can take that however you want it. Perch went on to have a very good game and has impressed with his effort.

Two washed up defenders I couldn't care less about. Just watched it again to confirm - Perches defending on that play was ordinary, he had the time and positioning to keep Carroll wide, but came across and failed to stop Carroll going right by him towards the centre of the box. He didn't actually do anything just ran briefly between Carroll and the goal, Carroll touched the ball on and it went between Perches legs without the defender making any attempt to stop it.

Now I don't expect Perch to be positionally the best centre back out there, but had Andy Carroll not had a brain explosion they would have been 1-0 up inside 10 minutes and Perch would have been partly to blame.

You can take that however you want it. Perch went on to have a very good game and has impressed with his effort.

If If If If, could have, might have, should have. It didn't happen. Football is full of if and buts. Something you might not be aware of but Kevin Ball nearly had a life defining moment at SJP in 1999 against Sunderland. He hit his own cross bar from 45 yards out, yes you read that correctly, he hit his own bar from 45 yards out that would've made it 2-2. It would've been shown globally and defined his life, we'd still be taking the piss out of mackems now, and every day of his life he would've been reminded of it, which is why you should choose to focus on what did actually happen rather than what might have happened.

If Perch had tried to play Carroll wide, he'd have skinned him even easier. Would have just knocked it past him and gave some midfield runners the space to move into. One mistake ffs. Coloccini makes mistakes and Carroll's skinned better defenders than Perch with no effort.

Whatever the forum LeazesMag continues on the anti Ashley agenda. God help him if we make the Europa League or even the Champions League I think a weapons grade meltdown would occur.

Whatever the forum LeazesMag continues on the anti Ashley agenda. God help him if we make the Europa League or even the Champions League I think a weapons grade meltdown would occur.

didn't you boo a team for only finishing 5th in the premiership ?

:lol:

That was the season of the players disgracing themselves in London. Never Boo our players.

what exactly would you like Ashley to do now?

what they did the last time they finished 6th in the premiership ?

Is this beyond your intellect, or don't you know what they did ?

Anyway, fact is, they were roundly booed for only finishing 5th, and those same supporters will be wanking themselves stupid for finishing 6th, the first decent season in 5 years. Any explanation for such bizarre hypocrisy ?

Edited by LeazesMag

Because every fucking person on the planet apart from you recognises two completely differnt contexts of where the club is and how football has changed even since then.

If you reply that it hasn't changed then you just confirm your idiocy.

Except the players weren't booed for finishing fifth, you fucking fantasist. :lol:

speak when you are spoken to, especially when you speak bollocks.

Because every fucking person on the planet apart from you recognises two completely differnt contexts of where the club is and how football has changed even since then.

If you reply that it hasn't changed then you just confirm your idiocy.

why can't they keep their players and put more into the team to attempt to go higher ?

Please explain how this has "changed", or confirm your brainwashed idiocy.

Even Dr Gloom admits this is what should happen next.

Just been reading the battle between Gene vs Stevie. Some quite good stuff in there.

Gene - 'I think our problem is a potential clash of alpha males'

Gene, let me explain something to you. Alpha males go around fucking dumb chicks like a pneumatic drill gone wrong, and smashing people's heads in. They don't sit on a pc all day going, "oohhhh I'm a marxist me, dead clever me like. Just been down the pub it were dead good, I had everyone chanting about me nail clippers, honestly it were dead funny. You would of loved it."

If Perch had tried to play Carroll wide, he'd have skinned him even easier. Would have just knocked it past him and gave some midfield runners the space to move into. One mistake ffs. Coloccini makes mistakes and Carroll's skinned better defenders than Perch with no effort.

Steady on, didn't realise the Perch family all posted here. It was ordinary defending he came across towards the ball but was never going to get it, didn't know what to do so did nothing that's the worry.

He should take confidence from the rest of his game but my point here is that we should never have to look at using Perch in central defense.

You're also not right about playing him wide, the nearest 4 outfield players were in black and white and if played wide Krul wouldn't have had to come off his line. Krul started coming out the moment Carroll cut back inside Perch.

Agree to a large extent that we shouldn't be worrying about what ifs, but there was no what if to Perch being breezed past - it happened plain as day.

I think they will do that.

It's changed because there are now 6 teams with much higher income than us instead of 1 or 2.

In that context 5th was "unacceptable" to quote Shepherd but 6th now would be pretty good.

It's that simple.

We finished 2nd after finshing 6th to answer the question.

We spent the most on one player in Janury.

I guess you are going to gloss over that then Leazes?

look up the history, as you clearly don't know. Like a lot of skunkers posters it would appear, are attempting to change history.

I guess you are going to continue to spout irrational and incorrect bollocks BooBoy ?

I think they will do that.

It's changed because there are now 6 teams with much higher income than us instead of 1 or 2.

In that context 5th was "unacceptable" to quote Shepherd but 6th now would be pretty good.

It's that simple.

In other words, your expectations have been successfully lowered. Congrats on getting nearer to accepting what I've been trying to tell you.

I don't think they will keep their players and attempt to go higher. Lets wait and see eh ?

Edited by LeazesMag

Just been reading the battle between Gene vs Stevie. Some quite good stuff in there.

Gene, let me explain something to you. Alpha males go around fucking dumb chicks like a pneumatic drill gone wrong, and smashing people's heads in. They don't sit on a pc all day going, "oohhhh I'm a marxist me, dead clever me like. Just been down the pub it were dead good, I had everyone chanting about me nail clippers, honestly it were dead funny. You would of loved it."

:lol: :lol: :lol: good crack.

As you're another of the impressionable young males who are emotionally close to Stevie, in a symbiotic way, I wouldn't expect you to understand my post, as you no doubt see that your responsibility is to praise the older man you all look up to.

As you're another of the impressionable young males who are emotionally close to Stevie, in a symbiotic way, I wouldn't expect you to understand my post, as you no doubt see that your responsibility is to praise the older man you all look up to.

I like KSA he's a funny kid but we hardly talk. You're getting worse mate, seriously, not better. It's truly cringeworthy and embarrassing to watch.