NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

You can't legally have a drink at SJP if you can see the pitch apparently.

There's a bar just at the back of L6 in the leazes with a perfect view of the pitch but they close the curtains 5 minutes before kick off. <_<

It was a very expensive round too <_<

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This drink ban for European games only applies to British grounds you know. It's a fucking disgrace. When I was at Euro 2000, England fans were seen as the number one threat and they let us sit merrily drinking pints in our seats.

imagine what the atmosphere would be like if you get pissed up in your seat at the match. you'd get plenty fucking off for beer pisses in the middle of the game mind.

There is nuw! Hank they must've just changed that policy because you could at Euro 2008 too.

You could drink in your seat in the Nou Camp too. (2nd time round when Shola scored). A bloke came round selling cans of Cruz Campo. This ban is probably to do with the Poles and Ukrainians being total pissheeds.

This drink ban for European games only applies to British grounds you know. It's a fucking disgrace. When I was at Euro 2000, England fans were seen as the number one threat and they let us sit merrily drinking pints in our seats.

I reckon it's changed since Euro 2000. I've never been able to get a drink at European game.

Having said that, I was usually pretty well smashed before getting to the game.

I reckon it's changed since Euro 2000. I've never been able to get a drink at European game.

Having said that, I was usually pretty well smashed before getting to the game.

Euro 2008 I specifically remember the krauts drinking in their seats.

You could drink in your seat in the Nou Camp too. (2nd time round when Shola scored). A bloke came round selling cans of Cruz Campo. This ban is probably to do with the Poles and Ukrainians being total pissheeds.

Aye, same as the Czech's. There's nowt else to do in those countries.

Barnsley boss Keith Hill says Newcastle United should contact Oakwell about Jacob Butterfield and has said that top clubs in the Championship are also interested in the player.

The north east club are thought to be interested in the 21-year-old who is out of contract at the end of the season but has not played in 2012 due to a knee injury. Due to his age, any deal would be settled by a tribunal but Hill says Newcastle should make their interest known.

“If Newcastle want Jacob they should ring us or someone might get there first,” he said.

“I am 100 per cent sure that all the teams in the top four of the Championship want him.“If you make a career of waiting you might as well work in a restaurant.”

http://www.barnsley-...ield-move-soon?

Edited by Baggio

Barnsley boss Keith Hill says Newcastle United should contact Oakwell about Jacob Butterfield and has said that top clubs in the Championship are also interested in the player.

The north east club are thought to be interested in the 21-year-old who is out of contract at the end of the season but has not played in 2012 due to a knee injury. Due to his age, any deal would be settled by a tribunal but Hill says Newcastle should make their interest known.

“If Newcastle want Jacob they should ring us or someone might get there first,” he said.

“I am 100 per cent sure that all the teams in the top four of the Championship want him.“If you make a career of waiting you might as well work in a restaurant.”

http://www.barnsley-...ield-move-soon?

Why's he so desperate to sell him on?

I really hope we move in for Dempsey this summer. Intelligent fotballer with end product and still in his prime.

If we are to continue with the 4-3-3 he would give Jonas some much-needed competition seeing as while he might not have the graft, he has far better end-product.

I think Hoilett would be great for us. Right now if Ben Arfa is injured or needs a rest, we don't really have any players who can light up the pitch like he can. Hoilett would be an excellent player have to fill that role

I think Hoilett would be great for us. Right now if Ben Arfa is injured or needs a rest, we don't really have any players who can light up the pitch like he can. Hoilett would be an excellent player have to fill that role

He's free too. Can't see why we wouldn't be in for him.

Bit peculiar that Dempsey didnt even get a look-in for player of the year awards. a Fulham midfielder rifling in 23 goals + 7 assists in a season? Spectacular, it was what Lampard used to do except 10 of them was from penalties and 5 from deflected shots.

I guess Fulham isnt enough of a sweetheart team to get nominated from..

Edited by Lake Bells tits

Bit peculiar that Dempsey didnt even get a look-in for player of the year awards. a Fulham midfielder rifling in 23 goals + 7 assists in a season? Spectacular, it was what Lampard used to do except 10 of them was from penalties and 5 from deflected shots.

I guess Fulham isnt enough of a sweetheart team to get nominated from..

We're right justified and we're ancient.... :rap:

Where Jonas plays now? Would be canny competition for that spot like?

We cant just have a first XI and shite on the bench like we used to.

between two domestic cups, europe and the league we need a bigger squad and a wider variety of quality.

Edited by Lake Bells tits

I like Dempsey but if he goes anywhere, it'll be to start every game and we'll be held to ransom for him too. I bet he's going to cost upward of £12 million and the bloke is nearly 30 so will want his one final contract. Leave that sort of deal for the sides that can afford to spunk that money away.

Dempsey more of an advanced midfielder than deep lying I think, he'd be a quality addition to the squad but I imagine he wouldn't come cheap.

I'm loving jonas in his current role. He's got the engine and work rate to chase and harry plus a bit of quality on the ball too. Him and tiote are looking a real modern pair of holding midfilders that can do more than just break up play.

Our formation really is looking like a 4231 all of a sudden. Loving it.