NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Needless to say negotiations broke down at that point

At that point you plant stories in the press about his unreasonable demands, alleged drug taking and links with mafia crime lords. You don't fuck with Lake Bell Titis, homie

Jamie Dalton ‏ @JamieDalton82 Close

Newcastle interested in Lille forward Tulio De Melo

No better than Shola or Best! Was shite when he played in Denmark, and at 27 he seems to be rather average in Ligue 1!

Jamie Dalton ‏ @JamieDalton82 Close

Newcastle interested in Lille forward Tulio De Melo

Here comes a summer of CT posting everyone's twitter links. :lol:

Twitter is no less reliable than all the sh*t spouted by bored journalists though, rehashing 6 month old rumours and whatnot...

Errr where do you think all the twitter rumours come from? :lol:

Yes, but lets allow CT to post twitter rumours imo, saves me the trouble of having to go on twitter to read them myselves :)

Lazy Norwegian scrote... :razz:

Is the correct answer.

Doesn't legislate why you have to paste it all on here though. If it's that reliable, people will follow.

I wonder how much Ashley would sanction being spent if we actually qualified for the CL. Biggest mystery in history like.

I think qualifying or not qualifying will have very little bearing on the summer window tbh. You've got to be really fucking careful with a CL qualification cos you lumber yourself with the wages of whoever you sign beyond the year that you qualify, so you can't go wild in the aisles.

If you had to make a guess on whether we could repeat a qualification next year, the only reasonable assumption is "no that isn't going to happen", and therefore you can barely stray from the current plan at all without causing yourself a problem down the line.

You need to be a regular qualifier before you can go treating the CL qualification cash as disposable income. Boring, but true. It might result in the purchase of one extra player or something IMO.

I think qualifying or not qualifying will have very little bearing on the summer window tbh. You've got to be really fucking careful with a CL qualification cos you lumber yourself with the wages of whoever you sign beyond the year that you qualify, so you can't go wild in the aisles.

If you had to make a guess on whether we could repeat a qualification next year, the only reasonable assumption is "no that isn't going to happen", and therefore you can barely stray from the current plan at all without causing yourself a problem down the line.

You need to be a regular qualifier before you can go treating the CL qualification cash as disposable income. Boring, but true. It might result in the purchase of one extra player or something IMO.

Think Pardew has said 5-6, regardless of EL or CL. I wonder if CL means they would look toward more expensive and sought-after targets for the first time and EL would mean an exercise in strengthening the depth.

One thing is certain, we can look forward to the cries of "Where's the Champions League money?" from he who shall not be named next season.

:lol:

Voldermong.

Good post prior to that btw. I would like to see overall retention and then a couple of additions but selected mainly without reference to whichever additional competition we're in. Ie if we're tracking anyone, it would be a good time to step in for them, but other than that I don't want to see us just looking at additional randoms. It's all still a bonus as you say. We've got here through targetted resourcing and theres good reason to stick to that. CL wage earners should emerge from within the current squad following the reward model before we start recruiting them from elsewhere to fuck up the whole chemistry.

This.

He won't deviate from his model, the "windfall" of the CL (if it happens) will be dealt with very carefully, if the club can afford a player it'll buy one (or two or three) if it can't it won't. He won't "push the boat out" to try and go faster/better.

Maybe one or two more players as the CL cash would cover their fee's and wages etc for the duration. It would expand our spending power but only within the model

Fine with that personally.

It's worked so far, why would he ??

Edited by Toonpack