NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not getting another centre back in that would improve our starting 11 would be ridiculous, especially if we've got money available to buy Anita.

No its not, its what Mike wants so its fine with everyone......well, it was in April anyway ;)

He continues a recent tradition of Australians at Newcastle, with former Socceroos captains Mark Viduka and Craig Moore, as well as current Socceroo James Troisi all plying their trade with the Toon in recent years.

It's not a particularly great tradition, is it?

Deep down at SJP close to Newcastle

Way back up in the woods among the evergreens

There stood a log cabin made of earth and wood

Where lived a country boy named Curtis who could B. Good

Who never ever learned to read or write so well

But he could play football just like a ringing a bell

Go go

Go Curtis go

Go

Go Curtis go

Go

Go Curtis go

Go

Go Curtis go

Go

Curtis B. Good

Btw, I would bet money Tiote has already been sold, on the proviso it isn't announced for another few weeks so clubs can't hold us to ransom on players we want to buy. Seriously can't see us spending £20mil+ on players with no one going in the other direction

Btw, I would bet money Tiote has already been sold, on the proviso it isn't announced for another few weeks so clubs can't hold us to ransom on players we want to buy. Seriously can't see us spending £20mil+ on players with no one going in the other direction

Oh fuck off. :lol:

Well I know it's hardly 20, but Best+Forster leaving would bring in £5m by all accounts. If any of the big names leave I still think it will be Ba, so that's at least £7m there. I'd like to think there'd be about £5-10m in the transfer kitty regardless of outgoings.

I've got a fairly good feeling about this window tbh, and I mean that even if we miss out on Debuchy, Anita, de Jong etc. They're not perfect but I do have faith in the setup.

2 things I've been thinking about:

- If it were to happen (a huge if), bringing in Debuchy would be a big statement of intent and I'd also praise the club for being again willing to deviate from the supposed transfer policy of buying young players with the potential for a large resale value (Debuchy is only about to turn 27 to be fair to him, but if we bought him in it'd be a long term contract and I doubt his value would be at its best when he's 30/31).

- We're not getting linked to CBs as much as I'd like. Indeed that Journal article CT posted suggested we're not in for one at all. I'd like to think this is partly down to the manager having faith in one of the younger lads making the step up. Taylor and Coloccini I'm happy with, but I'm naturally a lot less happy if one of them is out and if you ask me that position needs strengthening.

Edited by Monroe Transfer