NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

Pardew quotes saying he's expecting a decision from Hoilett soon. Also thinks Ba wants to stay after seeking reassurances about his position on the pitch next season.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pardew also saying it'll cost a huge amount of cash to persuade NUFC to part with any of the players that are being linked with moves away from SJP....not exactly the same tactic as stating "xxxxx is not for sale at any price" to drive up the price or start a bidding war but it does amount to the same thing. AVB basically said the same thing about Modric yesterday too. This appears to be a new honesty about it which is in a way quite refreshing,basically telling the fans that they shouldnt be under any illusions that the whole squad is up for sale at the right price.

Pardew quotes saying he's expecting a decision from Hoilett soon. Also thinks Ba wants to stay after seeking reassurances about his position on the pitch next season.

Would be a bit daft to drop to 442 to keep one player happy when we looked so good playing 433

That Fernandes talks as if he's commited to them but I get a sense of the dodgy fuckers who bought Pompey and Shiniwatra or whetver the fuck his name was as well.

I've never had a problem with QPR tbh, not sure why anyone would. Inoffensive as they come nowadays.

Well, at this point I hate Mark Hughes and I think Barton is one of the biggest twats in the world. If they both left then I'd probably have no issue with QPR

Got a text off my mate "We're after Bojan", I give him a call and ask where he's heard this, he gets halfway through "Goal.com" before I hang up.

I know it's "Silly Season", but come off it!

Got a text off my mate "We're after Bojan", I give him a call and ask where he's heard this, he gets halfway through "Goal.com" before I hang up.

I know it's "Silly Season", but come off it!

the story in question http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/13/3238956/newcastle-interested-in-santon-bojan-swap-deal

thats fucking awful, honestly we could all come up with better rumours than that

That doesn't even make sense - Roma are due to pay another 22m if they keep him past next season, yet they want to sell him on when he's sort of only on loan to them? How does that work and why would we even think about agreeing to such a stupid thing?

Secondly Santon has come out - to Italian media - and said he's happy at Newcastle and wants to stay. Nothing about fancying a move to one of Italy's bigger clubs.

edit; and we need defenders more than we need attackers if you ask me (especially FBs), so losing one to add to the other wouldn't make much sense. Especially for a player who the article says disappointed last season. The club would be mad to consider moving on Santon, he's class already and is only 21.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

They haven't thought it through at all. We're currently working hard to sign a fullback, why would we then swap one for a forward? It's just baffling that this shit gets put where others can read it...

We were after Nathaniel Clyne a few months ago, it looks like he's going to Southampton

Weird one that, he's been linked with bigger clubs than us too but no-one seems to have wanted to take a chance on him (or Zaha, thus far, although his situation is different I think to Clyne's as Clyne is out of contract).

Weird one that, he's been linked with bigger clubs than us too but no-one seems to have wanted to take a chance on him (or Zaha, thus far, although his situation is different I think to Clyne's as Clyne is out of contract).

Yeah I thinks that's why, he's a RB and hopefully well sign Debuchy so we wont need him