NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

Good signs ahead: Pardew insists Newcastle have the cash to recruit three players this summer

And that's without getting rid of any players, according to the Toon Army boss, who is hoping to keep onto Demba Ba

Alan Pardew has given the Toon Army a massive summer boost by ­claiming Newcastle have the ­budget to buy three ­players this summer without any need to sell.

Owner Mike Ashley’s controversial self-­sufficiency strategy has always required players to be sold to fund incoming deals and, down the years, has seen top Magpies stars, such as Andy Carroll, Shay Given and James Milner, depart.

But, following ­Newcastle’s fifth place finish last term and a ­return to ­Europe, Pardew has ­revealed his transfer plans are not dependent on a big-name ­departure.

Pardew admits he has no control over the Demba Ba situation– where the striker is ­contractually ­allowed to leave for £7m if Newcastle receive an offer by July 31.

But the Newcastle boss is adamant that much-coveted stars, such as Cheick Tiote – trailed by Chelsea and both ­Manchester clubs – and French Euro 2012 star Yohan Cabaye, who is on Barcelona’s radar, would only go for the sort of ­inflated fee that took ­Carroll to Liverpool in January 2011.

Pardew said: “I know we can sign two or three ­players and keep all those we have. I know we can do that. I think we will be stronger.

“And if we do lose a ­marquee player to a ­really inflated price – an Andy Carroll price – then we have got to trust our ­judgment and go into the market place and bring in an equivalent, and I think Mike is quite comfortable with that.

“The big job this ­summer is keeping players, as well as signing them. I think that is the key.

“We still have a window wide open and everyone is analysing and looking at what they did over the last year and at what other teams did.

“A lot of people will look at us, so I’m not out of the woods on that for sure.

“I don’t fear a big offer coming in, I expect it. I expect a bid for one of our marquee players.

“Whether it’s enough money to take the player away, we will have to wait and see, but it would have to be a lot of money.”

Pardew believes the team spirit, which had Newcastle challenging for a Champions Legue place last ­season, will ­remain intact.

He added: “I would be very ­surprised if the spirit and ­camaraderie we built up last season was broken up, unless we lost four or five players – and I cannot see that in a million years.”

Pardew dismisses ­suggestions his team over-achieved last term and is urging his squad to keep their sights set on the top of the table.

He explained: “We ­finished fifth, but that was last season.

“It is important that the message gets through to the players here that, while it is a good finish, it isn’t winning the league.

“There are still four places to aim at above us and, if you want to be a winner, then you have to be better than you were last season.”

From here

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think we might be signing a young French striker called Anthony Koura.

Are we planning on becoming the next Arsenal with all our French players lol? Surely, there has to some young talent in England we can swoop up. Don't mean to sound like a Racist haha if he can play then its all good, but you still want your team to have a local feel.

Are we planning on becoming the next Arsenal with all our French players lol? Surely, there has to some young talent in England we can swoop up. Don't mean to sound like a Racist haha if he can play then its all good, but you still want your team to have a local feel.

Bigirimana came through the youth setup at Coventry whom he joined at 11 and is eligible to play for England, if that counts?

Edited by Monroe Transfer

It's about value for money - Koura will cost us a lot less than he would if he was English.

Can't wait for PaddockLad to read this.

Why's that mate? :lol:

We know the 3 players they want,doesnt mean theyre going to get them; de Jong wants to join Monchegladbach, but they'll have a host of other irons in the fire, one of which may well be Andy Carroll. And we know Ba's situation, and we know we'll sell anyone if the player wants to leave and a daft offer comes in....so what part of the article didnt we know?

The Bojan/Santon potential swap deal isnt mentioned. Thats an interesting one.Not sure how much substance is in it, Bojan's on a 2 year deal at Roma, at the end of which Barca have the option to take him back if he's improved sufficiently. Looks like thats not happening after his first season, so he's seeking pastures new. Can't see him joining anyone for anything other than a season long loan, which makes getting rid of Santon pointless really because if Bojan signs on loan and scores 20 goals next season theres more than a fair chance he'll go back to his one true love. So we'll still need a striker and we'll lose a player who looks a lot more useful than Enrique did after his first season into the bargain.

I'm completely relaxed about all this. This is the way the Mike Ashley fun bus rolls ;)

The bojan/santon one isn't interesting, it's bollocks from talksport with no grounding in reality at all.

It doesn't even make sense.

The bojan/santon one isn't interesting, it's bollocks from talksport with no grounding in reality at all.

It doesn't even make sense.

I sort of agree, but way its presented the only people it doesn't make sense for are the supporters of Newcastle United. All if and buts, but supposing Santon is a bit homesick..

Edited by PaddockLad

Bojan? These football hacks need to put at least some effort into concocting a story. To be fair twitter is no worse in terms of the accuracy of its transfer rumours.

Carroll coming back is equally unlikely.

Hopefully the Debuchy deal gets done but the longer it drags on the more likely Ashley is to tell Lille to jam it.

I'm little concerned a CB hasn't been brought in yet. We got most of our deals done early last year but it seems we're struggling to get things done this time around.

Interviewed this month he seemed perfectly happy, was asked about Roma and said he doesn't want to go back to Italy having been away only a year.

It doesn't make sense at all, its a nonsense rumour from a shit source

Alan Pardew said we wouldnt sell Andy Carroll....a lot of things can change in a transfer window.

We'll see. The point about early deals last season is irrelevent tbh. Players who played at the Euros are still on holiday. If a move is right for both parties a deal can be reached fairly quickly.

Alan Pardew said we wouldnt sell Andy Carroll....a lot of things can change in a transfer window.

We'll see. The point about early deals last season is irrelevent tbh. Players who played at the Euros are still on holiday. If a move is right for both parties a deal can be reached fairly quickly.

Aye, getting a ridiculous offer. That sort of money for one of our players is literally unprecedented and can't be taken into account in discussions about selling players IMO. Any club would have sold him.

Is that Debuchy twitter a real one? Eeg since July 2011 and tweets a fair bit? Saying nufc deal done but I always assume fake accounts unless know for sure.

Is that Debuchy twitter a real one? Eeg since July 2011 and tweets a fair bit? Saying nufc deal done but I always assume fake accounts unless know for sure.

is cabaye following him?

edit: just looked, hes not, I'd doubt its real in that case

Aye, getting a ridiculous offer. That sort of money for one of our players is literally unprecedented and can't be taken into account in discussions about selling players IMO. Any club would have sold him.

It hurt at the time - even more so because we didn't get a replacement, well besides Kuqi but looking at it now it was insane money, we must have got £20m in cash above his market value.

He's got 58000 followers. Seems real enough.

Edit. And then I read his tweets! :lol:

Seems there are 58000 gullible fools out there!

mourinho_shhh1.jpg

:razz:

It hurt at the time - even more so because we didn't get a replacement, well besides Kuqi but looking at it now it was insane money, we must have got £20m in cash above his market value.

Aye, it was a kick in the balls and hindsight can be a lovely thing but really, as an isolated transfer, it shouldn't be taken into account. It wasn't a lack of ambition or "cashing in", it was a desperate offer from a club who had no clue how to buy players (or a manager rather). If we start seeing players like Cabaye and Ba being told to frig off, both of who have said they enjoy their football here and don't want to leave, then we can start worrying about selling our players.

Anyone else a bit wary of that the transfers of Silva and Ibra could lead to bids for our players? Maybe not from Milan themselves but have a knock on effect on the clubs they possibly buy players from?

Anyway hope this Debuchy deal gets completed soon, looks a cracking player and hopefully a CB and Winger/Striker gets brought in and I'll have no worries about us challenging for the top four again

Well that's what I said further up the page...we'll sell anyone if the money is good enough. The difference this time is Dekka and Pardew have been inviting offers with their public utterences. Its probably as a result of the Carroll thing, they said he wasn't being sold and then as you say got an offer they couldnt refuse and copped a load of flack. Think they want to make sure we're under no illusions should it happen again. Sad to say I can't see a scenario this summer where we'll keep everyone we want to keep from last season. Things change due to unexpected moves at other clubs etc....cant see a huge offer from a top club not coming in for Cisse or Cabaye. But we'll have a contingency plan I imagine for those situations, so we'll see what happens.

Well that's what I said further up the page...we'll sell anyone if the money is good enough. The difference this time is Dekka and Pardew have been inviting offers with their public utterences. Its probably as a result of the Carroll thing, they said he wasn't being sold and then as you say got an offer they couldnt refuse and copped a load of flack. Think they want to make sure we're under no illusions should it happen again. Sad to say I can't see a scenario this summer where we'll keep everyone we want to keep from last season. Things change due to unexpected moves at other clubs etc....cant see a huge offer from a top club not coming in for Cisse or Cabaye. But we'll have a contingency plan I imagine for those situations, so we'll see what happens.

I think a huge offer for Cabaye is plausible come the end of this coming season. But I'd expect a fair few clubs to hold off on a huge sum until they've seen how he performs over another season. Same with Cisse. There've been several examples of a player moving to the Premier League and lighting it up for half a season then doing absolutely nothing since.

I think you're wise to be expecting players to attract attention from the other clubs, I just think your timing is too negative.