NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

Aye totally. As soon as I saw his name I just thought of remote places in Cornwall, lay lines, and people with straw in their hair, and thought this will be fucking stupid...and it was.

LOL.

MY opinion, if it doesn't go along with YOURS get over it. To turn down the calibre of player as Yanga-Mbiwa because he hopes to play for one of the biggest teams in the world one day is ridiculous. You can it's the school holidays..

Just realised what it says under your avatar :D

Edited by 2bias

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Him saying it is stupid, but he's basically said what the likes of Cabaye etc are keeping to themselves.

Its hateful and he's a dick for saying it but the phrase, "cutting off your nose to spite your face" springs to mind, a good defender is a good defender we'd like to have, even if he knows it.

Aye because Cabaye not saying he wants to sign for Milan means he secretly is desperate for a big club to come in.

I think it's an I'll advised statement. But if you think If you think Cabaye, Tiote, Ba etc signed because they think NUFC is the best/biggest they'll ever do, you're mad.

It doesn't mean they're desperate for a move, or it might and the move may not happen. End of the day we're a big club that is completely dwarfed by other clubs and the likes of Cabaye and Tiote already know that they're attracting the attention of the Man U's of the game.

He shouldn't have said it, and I doubt I'd warm to him if he does sign as I have the others, but I don't expect this crop to turn down massive clubs to stay with us like Shearer or his rare breed did.

Exactly. Of course players want to better themselves and you would be naive to think otherwise. We are not close to being the best a player can achieve so the cream will look up.

We just don't like to hear it.

How is that being disrespectful? It's good he wants to come here in the first place, Milan are a much bigger club than we are and the fact he wants to come here to progress and hopefully move in the future isn't a bad thing.

It's something he should keep to himself really, certainly won't impress anyone at NUFC.

It's something he should keep to himself really, certainly won't impress anyone at NUFC.

We also don't know if that is exactly what he said tbh, We know what the media is like. For all we know he may of just said one day he'd love to play for Milan. It doesn't take take journos much to take that and the fact were linked with him to come up with the stepping stone story.... Whatever he wants to do in the future I think it's good he wants to come to us to develop himself.

We've signed players who have come to us because it's a legitimate step up. Now we've qualified for Europe and have kept the same team together, why would they move on now? We genuinely have a team that can go pretty far in this cup, and the base to push on for a CL spot. We have guys eager to join as the club has had an exciting spell of progress (albeit still very early days to see if it can be sustained).

Whether any of the current crop would turn down a move to a bigger club isn't what i'm disagreeing with but the way player power is at the moment, I find it incredibly hard to believe that all these players we have. HBA in particular has proven that if he doesn't want to stay at a club, he's off. On the contrary, he's said he's happy and the only way he'd leave would be if one of the giants come in and offer him a regular starting place - that's not saying "I'm only playing here so one of the bigger boys will notice me" at all.

There's been nowt about any of our players leaving that's actually come from the players themselves this window. Colo is at his peak and could've hand picked from the bigger teams but signed a new contract to finish his career here. Cabaye has convinced his best mate into feeling he must join us. These aren't the actions of players who are secretly refreshing the transfer gossip websites hoping to see their name.

Obviously we're well rehearsed in feeling negative about players given the incredible amount of tossers who have sullied the shirt in recent years but maybe, just maybe we have a group of players who are professionals recruited by Pardew & the management team for this sole reason.

He was obviously unwise to say it, but in all honesty I like his ambition.

It's not like to he'll be swanning around for a year or two then walk away, if he want's a move somewhere like that he'll have to earn it, and I'd be very happy to see a player earn such a move by being a rock for us.

To put it in perspective, if for the sake of argument you didn't support any team in the Premier League and you played for Celtic, if a you heard a team who had for the first time in years got a Europa League spot in Germany was interested in you, you'd be flattered and want to go, but if you heard Real Madrid were also monitoring you but maybe weren't quite sold on you yet, you'd go to Germany and have it in the back of your mind that if you do well you could earn a move to Madrid.

His only crime is not being media savvy/bright enough to realise not to say it to a journalist.

He shouldn't have said it and he's not put himself in a good light however let's not delude ourselves that NUFC is the peak of players ambitions, if he does come here and is wanted by one of the top clubs in a few years time then he must have done something right while here.

His only crime is not being media savvy/bright enough to realise not to say it to a journalist/his money grubbing agent.

:aye:

I don't like that sort of talk. Strikes me as the kind of player that would come in, not accept having to earn his spot, sook, not put in his best effort against lesser teams, disrupt the dressing room and generally be a distraction. It might be honest to say he wants to use us as a stepping stone but it also highlights his personality. N'Zogbia type player who is only going to be trouble. Fuck him. He can go elsewhere.

I don't like that sort of talk. Strikes me as the kind of player that would come in, not accept having to earn his spot, sook, not put in his best effort against lesser teams, disrupt the dressing room and generally be a distraction. It might be honest to say he wants to use us as a stepping stone but it also highlights his personality. N'Zogbia type player who is only going to be trouble. Fuck him. He can go elsewhere.

Spot on.

Danish paper, Ekstra Bladet, are reporting, that Michael Laudrup and Swansea are on the verge of picking up Obertan from Newcastle. They build the story from various sources inside Swansea. The fee is reported to be what Newcastle paid for him.

Danish paper, Ekstra Bladet, are reporting, that Michael Laudrup and Swansea are on the verge of picking up Obertan from Newcastle. They build the story from various sources inside Swansea. The fee is reported to be what Newcastle paid for him.

This has been doing the rounds a bit lately, If we get £3 million then fair enough but he will need to be replaced. Unfortunately Obertan doesn't look as though he has much of an end product ( or he hasn't in the last twelve months )