NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

Pardew mentioned the Carroll bid was a bit cheeky. I think we may just have been testing the waters on that one.

Pards says he wants one more and we know he's after a full back(Debuchy) and/or possibly a centre back(Douglas). Ajax fans didn't seem to rate Anita there at all.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a tad nervous that RvP has gone to Man Ure and Arsenal now have a few quid extra. Could they come on for Tiote?

They look like losing Song too. Tiote would be an upgrade in their central midfield. If they offered 25mil for him i think i would let him go. While i obviously would lok him to stay and play in a midfield 3, Anita can step in there too. Alot of people in front think Anita is a better player than Tiote. Signed them both for a fee about 10mil and recieving another 15mil on top we could use that for a quality striker (Rhodes? Guidetti?) and a quality CB (Douglas or otheras cover. Simpson will stay for the last year and play a good few games competing with Raylor and Santon for a position While i expext Tavernier to be blooded too.

We've been linked with the same 4 or 5 players all summer, have got one in (Anita), another has gone to Germany (de Jong), but the other 3 are still available (Carroll, Douglas and Debuchy).

Pardew probably just said the one more player thing to dampen expectations just in case we don't get more than one in, but I think it's clear they are trying for at least 2 and I reckon we'll get at least 2.

ye but if one of your essentially 3 gets injured your in a pretty piss poor position especially if you progress in a couple of cups which you have to hope for

Nah, we're all right. Cisse is 1st choice, after that you've Ba, then Shola, then we'd be in trouble. We don't necessarily play with 2 strikers and we've sufficient number of players who're sufficiently versatile to get by.

We've been linked with the same 4 or 5 players all summer, have got one in (Anita), another has gone to Germany (de Jong), but the other 3 are still available (Carroll, Douglas and Debuchy).

Pardew probably just said the one more player thing to dampen expectations just in case we don't get more than one in, but I think it's clear they are trying for at least 2 and I reckon we'll get at least 2.

We need all three I reckon.

Short in all those areas, we could possibly get away with Douglas but Carroll and Debuchy are needed.

Great news and looks a great addition. Regardless what managers say about being a good squad member, this lad has come to play first team football at that price.

Think we can all finally agree we are a club that is doing it right and continually laying massive foundations stones from which we are adding quality throughout.

Great times for the club and regardless of the odd star that has to go, we are certainly on route to establishing as a top contender once again.

Great news and looks a great addition. Regardless what managers say about being a good squad member, this lad has come to play first team football at that price.

Think we can all finally agree we are a club that is doing it right and continually laying massive foundations stones from which we are adding quality throughout.

Great times for the club and regardless of the odd star that has to go, we are certainly on route to establishing as a top contender once again.

Well put! :thumbup:

Douglas wouldn't be cup tied for the group stages.

Only if Twente don't make the group stages.

Twente wouldn't have lowered his value by playing him in Europe if they intended to cash in on him IMO. Hope I'm wrong.

Im so relaxed about transfer business its unreal. After Cisses in Jan, I'm quite happy to trust them to get the right person in if it means waiting a bit longer, rather than a 3rd or 4th choice who we are stuck with for years.

Of course we all want it now now now but the bigger picture is more important. The work GC seems to put in prep usually means its worth the wait.

If we can hang on to tiote our midfield is looking pretty strong now. Just need a quality full back, striker and no further outgoings and it's looking like our best squad for some time.

Still full back position that worries me (well, I'm not that worried, but you know what I mean). Santon I think has adapted really well but Simpson is still a bit so-so..well, I just think we could do better without breaking the bank. Plus the problem of cover.