NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all a bit too deja vu for my liking..

Couldn't agree more, very reminiscent of 2003. I think if we don't strengthen, we could very well have a disappointing season. A lot of teams around and below us are strengthening with who I believe are good players.. Very nervous about this season now.

So according to JawD, Ashley has just spent 6m on Anita without needing to and this explains the lack of transfer activity :lol:

Ashley basically thought we were selling Tiote, bought Anita, now no one has come in for Tiote we are left with an extra midfielder and cant buy the players we really needed and wanted. We just managed to basically mistakenly buy a midfielder from Ajax for 6 million quid :lol: Shit off.

Wrong!

Not what I said like. Here it is for you again

I have convinced myself now like that our planned purchases were on the back of selling someone like Tiote for £20M. When offers were not forthcoming we backed away from some of the players we wanted. Bringing in Anita was done on the back of getting rid of the deadwood.

What I was saying was that if we sold Tiote (or other), it would generate the cash for the likes of Debuchy. As we didnt sell a player (significant) we didnt get the funds to push on.

Anita was a totally separate thing, off the back of moving on the likes of Smith.

I may be wrong, but its hardly outlandish.

Anything else you want to make up? :lol:

Couldn't agree more, very reminiscent of 2003. I think if we don't strengthen, we could very well have a disappointing season. A lot of teams around and below us are strengthening with who I believe are good players.. Very nervous about this season now.

This.

Utterly disappointing transfer window. The sad thing is all we needed was Debuchy and perhaps a cheap young striker or something of the sort to make this a great summer considering we've kept our best players.

Wrong!

Not what I said like. Here it is for you again

[/size][/font][/color]

What I was saying was that if we sold Tiote (or other), it would generate the cash for the likes of Debuchy. As we didnt sell a player (significant) we didnt get the funds to push on.

Anita was a totally separate thing, off the back of moving on the likes of Smith.

I may be wrong, but its hardly outlandish.

Anything else you want to make up? :lol:

So the bid sent to Lille was a fake one or another example of Ashley spending money completely at risk? So basically what you are saying is that Ashley is lucky Lille didnt accept the bid otherwise we'd be off to Barclays now or offering Tiote to anyone who will take him to cover those costs?

No.

Saw a post about it on BBC live deadline thingy. No doubt just fans putting 2 and 2 together and making 5. Richards would be a class signing for us and I'd think Pardew would be savvy enough to realise that - question is whether Fat Mike would sanction it.

maicon has gone to city, surely micah richards on loan would be ideal?

They need Home Country players, can't see them loaning out anyone who's near enough to the 1st team.

So the bid sent to Lille was a fake one or another example of Ashley spending money completely at risk? So basically what you are saying is that Ashley is lucky Lille didnt accept the bid otherwise we'd be off to Barclays now or offering Tiote to anyone who will take him to cover those costs?

No.

No, I actually do think we bid for him. As far as I have read it also seems that Lille moved the goalposts a few times. Now either our valuation was too low, they were taking the piss, or we decided to not budge as needed more funds in the coffers to spend more.

You do realise I am hypothesising? I said way back in my predictions that I expected one first team player to be sold in order to generate funds to bring in 3-4 players, much like when we sold AC. As we have not sold anyone of any note, my point is that it may be the reason we have not invested more in the squad.

They need Home Country players, can't see them loaning out anyone who's near enough to the 1st team.

they don't really looking at the squad they aren't struggling as it stands

No, I actually do think we bid for him. As far as I have read it also seems that Lille moved the goalposts a few times. Now either our valuation was too low, they were taking the piss, or we decided to not budge as needed more funds in the coffers to spend more.

You do realise I am hypothesising? I said way back in my predictions that I expected one first team player to be sold in order to generate funds to bring in 3-4 players, much like when we sold AC. As we have not sold anyone of any note, my point is that it may be the reason we have not invested more in the squad.

I genuinely think we now only will sign a player if the value is right, they want to come and we've scouted them extensively beforehand.

The fact that Dekka was so brazen about fleecing Liverpool over the Carroll fee is pretty crystal clear about how we operate - buy dirt cheap, sell high. They've been ope about that to begin with.

Yes, Cisse cost around £10m but his sell on value is significantly greater if he can score goals like he did last season.

We don't need to sell to buy, similarly we don't buy players when their clubs hold us to ransom. I suspect that Lille have sulked because Debuchy wants to join us and it's Cabaye who has turned his head. That means we're not guilty of tapping up and unsettling a player, but they'd rather see him go anywhere but here. Hence why when we reportedly offered £6m once Inter dropped out of the running, they told us to do one despite that being their earlier asking price.