NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how fucking long of a marathon do you want? they've had more than a year for a centre half and a fullback, honestly you're one of the most deluded frustrating cretins on here as far as football and the club go.

does your cab have sportsdirect logos up the side?

3 seasons ago we weren't in the premiership, that's fairly spot on for doom and gloom in fairness, Ryan Taylor is now out for the season leaving us with Perch and Williamson to cover our entire back line for at least half a season and the entire group section of the europa league as "senior" players.

Taking more than a year and not having more than one/two options for the players in positions you badly need to fill and getting nothing is a complete and utter shambles of organisation on ALL levels for a top half premiership club.

Carr is supposedly some top notch scout, well if hes as good as he's made out to be then he should have more options than a 26 year old fullback at lille and a dutch international at PSV

in which case if he did, where the fuck are they, and what was the problem signing them.

Spot on

how fucking long of a marathon do you want? they've had more than a year for a centre half and a fullback, honestly you're one of the most deluded frustrating cretins on here as far as football and the club go.

does your cab have sportsdirect logos up the side?

3 seasons ago we weren't in the premiership, that's fairly spot on for doom and gloom in fairness, Ryan Taylor is now out for the season leaving us with Perch and Williamson to cover our entire back line for at least half a season and the entire group section of the europa league as "senior" players.

Taking more than a year and not having more than one/two options for the players in positions you badly need to fill and getting nothing is a complete and utter shambles of organisation on ALL levels for a top half premiership club.

Carr is supposedly some top notch scout, well if hes as good as he's made out to be then he should have more options than a 26 year old fullback at lille and a dutch international at PSV

in which case if he did, where the fuck are they, and what was the problem signing them.

Seems to me its always the oot'ers and the football manager know it alls that whinge the loudest. These players and back ups that you are yet again whinging about are the same ones that got us 5th last year and into Europe.

If you want instant glory go and support Man City.

The window hasn't closed yet but if we don't sign another player and don't lose any players, I think it's been a reasonable transfer window when you consider we got in Anita, Amalfitano, birgy and Good.

Remember though, we could still get a surprise as the deadline throws up unexpected surprises.

Seems to me its always the oot'ers and the football manager know it alls that whinge the loudest. These players and back ups that you are yet again whinging about are the same ones that got us 5th last year and into Europe.

Thats a fuckin ban for you like CT :lol:

Cant say am too impressed myself and I think my fears about squad depth around the time we qualified for Europe (for which I was fuckin annihilated) have been proved fairly accuarate. The Europa league is only a big deal financially if we reach the semi's, and with a domestic campaign far harder physically than in any other European country I think thats unlikely. But you never know, we'll see how we cope with Thursday/Sunday and see who comes in January. Going to Bruges and Bordeaux so really looking forward to that. Bottom line is we've kept last seasons top players which was my big fear. That has to make this a 5/10 window, regardless of what the FM brigade say. Some of us are old enough to remember when we were truly shit so appreciate what we have at the moment, and also with enough memory to remember the unbridled joy of May this year on here and the scorn those who said "wait a minute" had poured on them ;)

fuck off you fat cretin i know 10x more about the club and frankly football overall than you have ever managed to gleam and you've a good decade or more "supporting" them and all over me.

Go support man city, you've some cheek like, you don't even have a clue who half our players are until you get some sort of semi on for them , the ginger irish one being a prime example at which stage you turn into a scratched record where they can do no wrong even though you've seen them play a grand total of about 130mins in their entire career.

seems to me it's always the spackers who lap up any sort of crap spewed from clubs, you're the shining example of a person in someones work the other people try and avoid talking football with, you're the forums equivalent of someone who when they get asked who they support they say "well i don't really follow football but i support man.u" except for some horrible reason we're lumped with you.

Back to your cab and pretending to the passengers you've a clue what you're on about because you bang on about "this young leftsider from the reserves, shane"

maybe he should'nt have been given a new contract then if that's the case, because that's pathetic if so.

"so it's been a year and aye the only people i can recomend is three people, two are well known internationals at league champion clubs in holland and france, and the other is at the club who were runner up to Ajax"

Bore off :lol:

You sit and play football manager all day and think you know everything man. :lol:

Same crap your spewing now as last year. Didnt you wish we signed Bendter?

Still rather have him over Cisse?

Back to the Xbox.

We may not get as close to the top four as we did last season and get a chance like we just have in this transfer window, especially if we dont get Europe this season. So sorry for wanting us to stay competitive and get into Europe and push on, especially as the players we've "bid" for havent came in and were apparently not too far off in getting.

It's incompetence not getting a striker in when weve only got 3 available, one of which is injured regularly and a FB when were worrying thin there especially when weve just lost one for months.

Thats a fuckin ban for you like CT :lol:

Cant say am too impressed myself and I think my fears about squad depth around the time we qualified for Europe (for which I was fuckin annihilated) have been proved fairly accuarate. The Europa league is only a big deal financially if we reach the semi's, and with a domestic campaign far harder physically than in any other European country I think thats unlikely. But you never know, we'll see how we cope with Thursday/Sunday and see who comes in January. Going to Bruges and Bordeaux so really looking forward to that. Bottom line is we've kept last seasons top players which was my big fear. That has to make this a 5/10 window, regardless of what the FM brigade say. Some of us are old enough to remember when we were truly shit so appreciate what we have at the moment, and also with enough memory to remember the unbridled joy of May this year on here and the scorn those who said "wait a minute" had poured on them ;)

In a nutshell. :lol:

Might see you in Brugge. Wonder how many of the oot'ers will be there.

(And by there I mean in person, not via a games console ;) )

back to my xbox football manager all day?

it's because i watch football actually, you who happily admit you live in a newcastle bubble and watch fuck all other teams/tournaments.

football manager all day :lol: i work during the day thanks, back to posting horrible food you feed yourself while sitting at home Mr Housewife, maybe you should pick up football manager for your iPad instead of a pie now and again and pretend you've a clue about other clubs and players.

bet you're not even watching the supercup at the minute, here there's this lad Falcao CT, we should sooooooo sign him up

See you in Brugge :lol:

We may not get as close to the top four as we did last season and get a chance like we just have in this transfer window, especially if we dont get Europe this season. So sorry for wanting us to stay competitive and get into Europe and push on, especially as the players we've "bid" for havent came in and were apparently not too far off in getting.

It's incompetence not getting a striker in when weve only got 3 available, one of which is injured regularly and a FB when were worrying thin there especially when weve just lost one for months.

Not having that. The same policy was proclaimed widely on here as brilllant when it worked a treat last season, but now its shite? Cant have it both ways. The policy is the policy.

Or we may simply continue the good times we are having (while playing in Europe) and add more qaulity like we did in January gone.

The bottom line is Carr had once again done his job well again re Debuchy. Probably a decent European tournament display fucked that up. We probably wont know what went wrong.

It may be Debuchy and Douglas turn up in January. Surely like last year its worth the wait for the ones Carr thinks are right rather than do what Ant would have done, panicked and brought in Bendtner.

Its hard to predict next season without knowing the outcome of the summer window. If we lose no one of importance and add 2 or 3 good uns then I think we will challenge for the title. Seriously.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/32807-newcastle-united-season-2012-2013/#entry1074422

You were the one shouting about being title conenders.

Think we've done enough to become contenders?

If we had that potential is it not disappointing we didn't grasp the opportunity?

fuck off you fat cretin i know 10x more about the club and frankly football overall than you have ever managed to gleam and you've a good decade or more "supporting" them and all over me.

Go support man city, you've some cheek like, you don't even have a clue who half our players are until you get some sort of semi on for them , the ginger irish one being a prime example at which stage you turn into a scratched record where they can do no wrong even though you've seen them play a grand total of about 130mins in their entire career.

seems to me it's always the spackers who lap up any sort of crap spewed from clubs, you're the shining example of a person in someones work the other people try and avoid talking football with, you're the forums equivalent of someone who when they get asked who they support they say "well i don't really follow football but i support man.u" except for some horrible reason we're lumped with you.

Back to your cab and pretending to the passengers you've a clue what you're on about because you bang on about "this young leftsider from the reserves, shane"

maybe he should'nt have been given a new contract then if that's the case, because that's pathetic if so.

"so it's been a year and aye the only people i can recomend is three people, two are well known internationals at league champion clubs in holland and france, and the other is at the club who were runner up to Ajax"

What about Bigirimana, good and amalfitano

While its ok to say the team we have is the one that got us 5th i think you need to realise that:

- we were lucky with injuries as far as key players go

- we played out of our skin

- teams around us were poor

So with that in mind, we have just about stood still. In fact we are weaker up front and fuck knows what we will do if Senegal get in to the ACoN. Our back four at it strongest is good in the middle and ok on the flanks. We get an injury and things look dodgy.

Biggest thing for me is those around is strengthening. So it's not just us standing still and what teams around us are doing.

We still have a good first 11, but by fuck they are gambling with luck.