NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

Or they're just bored of you. Either you get banned or people put you on ignore. Doesn't that tell you something about how people percieve your posting style on here?

go for the truth. I can't help it if they can't take it. Are you saying people should get banned for having an opinion ? What if time proves it to be indisputably correct ? This time last year, Toonpac was saying re. the Carroll cash, "wait until after the summer deadline" before knocking the ambitions.

No I wasn't

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or they're just bored of you. Either you get banned or people put you on ignore. Doesn't that tell you something about how people percieve your posting style on here?

go for the truth. I can't help it if they can't take it. Are you saying people should get banned for having an opinion ? What if time proves it to be indisputably correct ? This time last year, Toonpac was saying re. the Carroll cash, "wait until after the summer deadline" before knocking the ambitions.

No I wasn't

[big brother voice]Who's right? You decide![/big brother voice]

If there's been a policy change, it'll be evident by 1/9 and if that happens it'll be safe to accept that it was down to the Carroll money.

The club now has money, this summer it should use that money, I've said that all along.

The sale of Carroll (at that price) was absolutely too good to turn down. We wait to see if that good is undone (or not).

In terms of the financials, this summer is his first chance. It's also his only chance, because it will truly define his policy.

We had no money man

Summer 2011 spend...

Out

Kevin Nolan -£4,000,000

Wayne Routledge -£2,000,000

Jose Enrique -£6,000,000

In

Yohan Cabaye £4,300,000

Gabriel Obertan £3,250,000

Rob Elliot £100,000

Davide Santon £5,300,000

Total = £650k spend
Edited by Happy Face

I said in another thread it will be interesting to see how the club handled a flit in europe. We have seen how they handle the club when it is making a loss. But with extra income from Europe it would be different. We would need a stronger squad (not just a fucking bench!) and we could potentially make profit on trading. Would they increase the wage bill to compensate for profit etc.

it could be different ? It could also quicken the realisation that they are not prepared to spend more than x amount of money to attempt to go higher and will pocket it instead ?

It's wierd this, because everybody I actually go to the match with, also sussed him out ages ago too.

Hey I dont disagree, thats why I say it will be interesting. We know being in Europe increases income. So if we are near breaking even now then surely with better income we should make a profit. To me it will send even stronger signals to their intention. I have no idea what way they will go. I know you say they wont increase their spend accordingly and expect to see profit being made an retained. I just dont know though.

Looking at it our squad isn't small at all, people will probably point out that a lot of them are not good enough or shouldn't be anywhere near the team but to me that just backs up the clubs thinking. What is the point in having 7 CM's and strikers (not even including HBA) when we could easily lose 2 or 3 from each position and bring in one of superior quality.

1.Krul

2.Harper

3.Elliot

4.Forster

5.Santon

6.Simpson

7.Ryan Taylor

8.Coloccini

9.Steven Taylor

10.Williamson

11.Kadar

12.Perch

13.Tiote

14.Cabaye

15.Guthrie

16.Gosling

17.Smith

18.Vuckic

19.Abeid

20.Ben Arfa

21.Obertan

22.Sammy Ameobi

23.Jonas

24.Marveaux

25.Ferguson

26.Ba

27.Cisse

28.Best

29.Shola Ameobi

30.Xisco

31.Lovenkrands

32.Ranger

So in theory we could lose Smith, Gosling and Guthrie and bring in someone like Corgnet who we've been linked with and if he's as good as we think then the squad has improved despite cutting numbers, giving us a group of Tiote, Cabaye, Corgnet, Vuckic and Abeid to pick from.

At first glance, you could get rid of :

4.Forster

10.Williamson

11.Kadar

12.Perch

17.Smith

28.Best

30.Xisco

31.Lovenkrands

32.Ranger

and replace with half as many who could actually get into the starting XI.

We've just bulked our squad out with under 21s who don't contribute to the 25 man rule and are barely considered for games.

What you left with when you remove Ranger, Vuckic, Abeid, Sammy, Ferguson, Kadar...

We've just bulked our squad out with under 21s who don't contribute to the 25 man rule and are barely considered for games.

What you left with when you remove Ranger, Vuckic, Abeid, Sammy, Ferguson, Kadar...

1.Krul

2.Harper

3.Elliot

4.Forster

5.Simpson

6.Ryan Taylor

7.Coloccini

8.Steven Taylor

9.Williamson

10.Kadar

11.Perch

12.Tiote

13.Cabaye

14.Guthrie

15.Gosling

16.Smith

17.Ben Arfa

18.Obertan

19.Jonas

20.Marveaux

21.Ba

22.Cisse

23.Best

24.Shola Ameobi

25.Xisco

26.Lovenkrands

All of those will have to be named as part of the 25 man squad next season I believe.

If there's been a policy change, it'll be evident by 1/9 and if that happens it'll be safe to accept that it was down to the Carroll money.

The club now has money, this summer it should use that money, I've said that all along.

The sale of Carroll (at that price) was absolutely too good to turn down. We wait to see if that good is undone (or not).

In terms of the financials, this summer is his first chance. It's also his only chance, because it will truly define his policy.

We had no money man

Summer 2011 spend...

Out

Kevin Nolan -£4,000,000

Jose Enrique -£6,000,000

In

Yohan Cabaye £4,300,000

Rob Elliot £100,000

Davide Santon £5,300,000

Total = £650k spend

No mention of knocking ambitions HF (or maybe you should be called Leazes-Lite) . Always thought it would define his policy/strategy, but, in my assesment of that I was wrong, I thought lack of spend would indicate he'd start recouping his losses, he didn't recoup at all.

No I wasn't

fucking lying cunt

Looking at it our squad isn't small at all, people will probably point out that a lot of them are not good enough or shouldn't be anywhere near the team but to me that just backs up the clubs thinking. What is the point in having 7 CM's and strikers (not even including HBA) when we could easily lose 2 or 3 from each position and bring in one of superior quality.

1.Krul

2.Harper

3.Elliot

4.Forster

5.Santon

6.Simpson

7.Ryan Taylor

8.Coloccini

9.Steven Taylor

10.Williamson

11.Kadar

12.Perch

13.Tiote

14.Cabaye

15.Guthrie

16.Gosling

17.Smith

18.Vuckic

19.Abeid

20.Ben Arfa

21.Obertan

22.Sammy Ameobi

23.Jonas

24.Marveaux

25.Ferguson

26.Ba

27.Cisse

28.Best

29.Shola Ameobi

30.Xisco

31.Lovenkrands

32.Ranger

So in theory we could lose Smith, Gosling and Guthrie and bring in someone like Corgnet who we've been linked with and if he's as good as we think then the squad has improved despite cutting numbers, giving us a group of Tiote, Cabaye, Corgnet, Vuckic and Abeid to pick from.

wtf is the point of that ?

Guthrie, Smith, Lovenkrands & Kadar are all out of contract in June.

Which I acknowledged here > http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/32493-nufc-summer-transfer-activity-thread/page__view__findpost__p__1050284

The point being that the squad has the bodies, too many of them deadweight and we could easily cut down the number while building a stronger group.

Which I acknowledged here > http://www.toontasti...ost__p__1050284

The point being that the squad has the bodies, too many of them deadweight and we could easily cut down the number while building a stronger group.

If we do nothing, we're down to a 22 man squad. We should be buying 3 first team quality players and selling no-one in order to improve the bench and to have a squad that can compete. For every one sold on top of that, an improvement should be brought in.

What sized squad are we allowed should we qualify for Europe?....I remember the week we played Heerenveen, the Saturday team was vastly different to one which played in Holland. Bowyer got the winner with a backheel and I remember thinking that he'd not played on a Saturday for weeks. Souness used the squad well that season, despite our league form being abysmal. Was there a limit on squad numbers back then? 25 players isnt enough to compete effectively on two fronts iyam and our league form will suffer playing Thurs/Sun. Theres no way they'll let Perch go,whether we like it or not hes considered as cover for 3 posistions by Pardew. I fear for us if we qualify for Europe. We'll be bedding in replacements for Tiote,Krul and Ba as well don't forget ;)

If we do nothing, we're down to a 22 man squad. We should be buying 3 first team quality players and selling no-one in order to improve the bench and to have a squad that can compete. For every one sold on top of that, an improvement should be brought in.

We should be buying 3 first team players anyway, the point I've already made is that we've got so much dead wood in the squad that we can cut the numbers and invest the wages saved for those better players coming in.

You might think it's essential to have 7 strikers and 7 central midfielders on the books but I can't say I do,

We had no money man

Summer 2011 spend...

Out

Kevin Nolan -£4,000,000

Jose Enrique -£6,000,000

In

Yohan Cabaye £4,300,000

Rob Elliot £100,000

Davide Santon £5,300,000

Total = £650k spend

No mention of knocking ambitions HF (or maybe you should be called Leazes-Lite) . Always thought it would define his policy/strategy, but, in my assesment of that I was wrong, I thought lack of spend would indicate he'd start recouping his losses, he didn't recoup at all.

bollocks. You thought he would spend the money, meaning you could say I was wrong when I said he wouldn't.

You also said after the deadline that he was "now recouping". [ie pocketing the cash rather than backing his manager]. What a lying cunt you are.

We should be buying 3 first team players anyway, the point I've already made is that we've got so much dead wood in the squad that we can cut the numbers and invest the wages saved for those better players coming in.

You might think it's essential to have 7 strikers and 7 central midfielders on the books but I can't say I do,

yawn.

Do you always wear those blinkers ? Apart from when you are harping on about Spurs, DOF systems or preferring Denis Wise to Keegan.

Not sure what we're even arguing about then. We have almost a squad of players out of contract....

Danny Guthrie

Peter Lovenkrands

Alan Smith

Ryan Donaldson

Ole Soderberg

James Tavernier

Tamas Kadar

Phil Airey

Michael Richardson

Conor Newton

Brad Inman

Samuel Adjei

Stephen Folan

Jeff Henderson

Patrick Nzuzi

They've played little between them anyway, so drop them out of the equation. Harper, Forster and Xisco seem to be done too, without any iinvolvement this season, so drop them out.

Considering all that, out first team squad is down to 19 bodies. We can all agree, the players on the books are too many, but you have to say the players pushing the first team are too few as well. If our plan is to lose all of the above deadweight, but just replace them with a few slightly better players, to flesh out the reserves that's desparately disappointing.

Edited by Happy Face

What sized squad are we allowed should we qualify for Europe?....I remember the week we played Heerenveen, the Saturday team was vastly different to one which played in Holland. Bowyer got the winner with a backheel and I remember thinking that he'd not played on a Saturday for weeks. Souness used the squad well that season, despite our league form being abysmal. Was there a limit on squad numbers back then? 25 players isnt enough to compete effectively on two fronts iyam and our league form will suffer playing Thurs/Sun. Theres no way they'll let Perch go,whether we like it or not hes considered as cover for 3 posistions by Pardew. I fear for us if we qualify for Europe. We'll be bedding in replacements for Tiote,Krul and Ba as well don't forget ;)

7 that started against Heerenveen also started the next league game against Chelsea so it wasn't that different tbf, only O'Brien, Amdy Faye, Bowyer and Shola were replaced with Boumsong, Dyer, Butt and Robert.

We can have 25 over the age of 22 I believe and as many younger than that as we like.

7 that started against Heerenveen also started the next league game against Chelsea so it wasn't that different tbf, only O'Brien, Amdy Faye, Bowyer and Shola were replaced with Boumsong, Dyer, Butt and Robert.

We can have 25 over the age of 22 I believe and as many younger than that as we like.

30 players either played or made the bench in 2004/5. You're on about [possibly] embarking on a similar campaign with a lot less than that.Factor in HF's post about players out of contract and its lunacy to suggest we should be getting rid of as many. As I've said, I fear for us if we qualify, because Ashley,Llambias and no doubt Pardew think the same way as you.

30 players either played or made the bench in 2004/5. You're on about [possibly] embarking on a similar campaign with a lot less than that.Factor in HF's post about players out of contract and its lunacy to suggest we should be getting rid of as many. As I've said, I fear for us if we qualify, because Ashley,Llambias and no doubt Pardew think the same way as you.

We've had 28 players make a competitive appearance for us this season.

We've had 28 players make a competitive appearance for us this season.

23 of which are contracted to be here next season...

Coloccini

Santon

Cabaye

Simpson

Williamson

Barton

Guthrie

Cisse

Ben Arfa

Lovenkrands

Abeid

Perch