NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

If this was a couple of years ago, this low bid would have been seen by many to be a lack of ambition or lip service, now it's good business.

I thnk we'll submit an improved bid, but it won't break the bank, and given Debuchy is the 1st choice French right back I don't think £7-8m would be over the top, let alone the £6m that Garcia is asking.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this was a couple of years ago, this low bid would have been seen by many to be a lack of ambition or lip service, now it's good business.

I thnk we'll submit an improved bid, but it won't break the bank, and given Debuchy is the 1st choice French right back I don't think £7-8m would be over the top, let alone the £6m that Garcia is asking.

I agree, Im totally relaxed about our transfer dealings this year and have complete faith in the set up.

I agree, Im totally relaxed about our transfer dealings this year and have complete faith in the set up.

I wouldn't go that far. :lol:

According to the Daily Star (via Sky Sports)

Newcastle bad boy Nile Ranger is in the middle of a tug-of-war between Barnsley and Sheffield Wednesday.

He's a snip for 6mil. We should have just met the asking price because now other clubs will show their hand. I can only think the player himself has promised to come here and we are trying to get a better deal as a result

Not sure what's so funny about that. I think we are pretty much envied for our transfer set up.

dont come the innocent old son, you're fuckin at it! :lol:

We probably are, (beats me why Liverpool or Spurs havent moved heaven and earth to take Pardew & Carr from us but there you go, maybe Levy and the yanks arent as clever as they think) but not every transfer comes off as well as our recent ones. And it is quite a recent phenomenom; "Newcastle good in the transfer market" wouldnt you agree?...

De Jong Would be a great signing, I think they would take £8 million too.

Offering £4 million for Debuchy after the way he has been playing seems a little strange..may of got him for that if we tried before the Euros, if it's true they want £6 million we have to pay that. If reports are true he wants to come here.

He's a snip for 6mil. We should have just met the asking price because now other clubs will show their hand. I can only think the player himself has promised to come here and we are trying to get a better deal as a result

Had 6 million been said anywhere prior to our bid? Might have Been a bit of a searching low bid to pull out an asking price to meet

According to the Daily Star (via Sky Sports)

Newcastle bad boy Nile Ranger is in the middle of a tug-of-war between Barnsley and Sheffield Wednesday.

Whereabouts?

dont come the innocent old son, you're fuckin at it! :lol:

We probably are, (beats me why Liverpool or Spurs havent moved heaven and earth to take Pardew & Carr from us but there you go, maybe Levy and the yanks arent as clever as they think) but not every transfer comes off as well as our recent ones. And it is quite a recent phenomenom; "Newcastle good in the transfer market" wouldnt you agree?...

All innocent these days :lol:

Sure its recent (Tiote onwards Maybe?) but its still enough for me to not have the usual summer panic. Im prepared for painful departures but confident that while we cant do too much about them, at least we will get top dollar that will be reinvested in the club in some form or another.

Im also pretty confident having listened to the fella that Carr has a huge production line of possible players at his disposal.

Im more interested in starting next season with an overall upgraded team rather than getting two uptight on individuals.

I believeeeee ;)

Seeing as we've had a bid rejected for Debuchy already and with other clubs sniffing around I'd say it'll be a struggle to get this one across the line now.

It's interesting to think whether we would have already tied up his transfer by now if there was no international competition on this summer. With him playing well for France his agent and his club are going to be seeing the dollar signs. Hopefully Cabaye can be the leverage we need to win out over the likes of ManU etc.

I think most of the better players from France and Holland will have been at the Euros, and most of their clubs would want to wait till after the tournament to do business. If only to maximise values. I hate waiting on transfers.

I think most of the better players from France and Holland will have been at the Euros, and most of their clubs would want to wait till after the tournament to do business. If only to maximise values. I hate waiting on transfers.

Yep thats exactly it. It's possibly the Euros that in the end are going to kill this transfer.

French journo on TalkSport reckons Debuchy like Cabaye has a release clause in his contract, £6.5 million.... Not sure how reliable but could be interesting to see what our next bid will be.

I doubt the club were expecting to pay £4m for Debuchy, that's just a low starting bid to enter negotiations with. Hopefully they can sort of meet in the middle of what the two clubs would realistically like to pay. If the club offered Lille what they want straight away Lille would probably immediately demand more.

Something like that. Makes sense in my head.

Also, Pieters is still available and wasn't in the Dutch squad because of injury, not because he's lacking in quality. Anita if we're still after him made their preliminary squad too.

I love watching Luuk De Jong play. I think he's a great player now and who knows how good he will end up in the future. He scores so many goals and different goals of that to. He's decent in the air and has a cracking shot on him, he's an all round excellent player and I really hope we sign him, and whos to say he will be a replacement for Ba if we have a strikeforce of Ba, Cisse and De Jong then that will be one of the best strike forces in the premier league and the sky would be the limit with an attack like that.

I hope we sign Debuchy and I really hope Cabaye is doing all he can to try and get him to sign up along with Ben Arfa. He looks an outstanding talent and one of the best attacking fullbacks in europe from what Ive seen at the Euros. He's at a good age to at 26. If we dont get him we should go for Pieters. I hope that were after Anita to as he's another outstanding prospect and would be another excellent addition. Whatever happens hopefully it will be an exciting summer ahead of what should be another fantastic season. One of the keys though is keeping the top players, the likes of Cisse, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Tiote, Ba, Krul Colo etc and if that happens then we should be in for another wonderful campaign. This is the most exciting time to be a toon fan since the days of Sir Bobby, Robert, Bellers, Shearer, Solano, Speed, Woody and co.

L'equipe reporting that both Arsenal and Chelsea after Ben Arfa and that we have put a price of 21 million on his head.

I'd steel yourself CT, there are going to be hundreds of these stories this summer. The majority of which will have no basis more reliable than the whim of the author.

De Jong could be soon sorted, very exciting. Apart from Debuchy we seem to of gone quiet on the defensive front. We need another CB as well as a full back, would like to see us secure another midfielder too.

I'd steel yourself CT, there are going to be hundreds of these stories this summer. The majority of which will have no basis more reliable than the whim of the author.

Especially since they've just signed Hazard so Bafra wouldn't be a guaranteed starter.