NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Urgh, can we move on please.

The whole thing leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Rather not think about what could have been.

It still can happen.

Believe

Given they changed their story on the sale depending who was talking to the press (manager/chairman) I doubt it's as simple as they made out.

They had sold Hazard for silly money, didn't need and didn't seem to want to sell Debuchy, they did however string it out in the press to try and placate the player who wanted to leave.

Given they changed their story on the sale depending who was talking to the press (manager/chairman) I doubt it's as simple as they made out.

They had sold Hazard for silly money, didn't need and didn't seem to want to sell Debuchy, they did however string it out in the press to try and placate the player who wanted to leave.

On the back of a full purse following the Hazard sale - they were not forced to sell him for peanuts. They wanted a reported 8-10 million which IMO would be fair for a nailed on first choice wingback for the next 5 years.

We offered less than they valued him at hence we didnt get him, simples.

Oh and Lee ryders backpedaling on his "fee agreed" article is cringeworthy :lol:

"Discrepancies regarding the transfer fee - which Newcastle believed to have been agreed"

Why not? He looks the kind of full-back that has great fitness and stamina.

Mainly for the fact that if we keep progressing you would hope to have an excellent 26 / 27 year old playing that position not an old fella coming to the end. I agree theres exceptions but I think 32 / 33 is pushing it.

Are there many 32/33 year olds currently playing for the top teams? (I dont know btw) :)

Mainly for the fact that if we keep progressing you would hope to have an excellent 26 / 27 year old playing that position not an old fella coming to the end. I agree theres exceptions but I think 32 / 33 is pushing it.

Are there many 32/33 year olds currently playing for the top teams? (I dont know btw) :)

Scholes

Giggs

Puyol

Xavi

Carvalho

off the top of my head

I meant any playing right back in the prem. Obviously there are a few world class players that buck the trend, but its by no means a certainty that Debuchy is in their league (and if he was we'd sell him) and could still do what makes him a bit special, at that age.

On the back of a full purse following the Hazard sale - they were not forced to sell him for peanuts. They wanted a reported 8-10 million which IMO would be fair for a nailed on first choice wingback for the next 5 years.

Oh and Lee ryders backpedaling on his "fee agreed" article is cringeworthy :lol:

"Discrepancies regarding the transfer fee - which Newcastle believed to have been agreed"

£10m is a lot for a full back, how many have gone for that amount? I would guess not many. Didn't Ashley Cole (one of the best full backs around during his era) go for £5m plus a mentally unhinged Gallas?

Although Ryder made himself look like a bellend claiming we had agreed a fee Lille did keep changing their story, which Debuchy commented on himself.

I meant any playing right back in the prem. Obviously there are a few world class players that buck the trend, but its by no means a certainty that Debuchy is in their league (and if he was we'd sell him) and could still do what makes him a bit special, at that age.

Forlan

Reveilliere

Zanetti

Ashley Cole

Abidal

Pirlo

This chap's almost 40.

220px-Javier_Zanetti_-_Inter_Mailand_(1).jpg

You're seriously misreading Mike Ashley's game here if you reckon he thinks like that; heres a couple of words for you that feature high on his hitlist for a potential signing "RE-SALE VALUE".....theres more chance of Lord Lucan flying to the moon on the back of Shergar than us paying 8-10million for a 27 year old full back . Many on here agreed with this sort of policy last season...where are they now?.....

Theres something gone on because the player wanted to come. Ryder is closer to the club than any of us and if you take into account what the Lille boss man said you can see what is likely to have happened. I'm lead to beleive Gregory van der Wiel was who NUFC moved their attentions to, as he's 24 and eventually went to PSG for 5.28mill http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/gregory-van-der-wiel/transfers/spieler_45548.html Are you getting the drift here?...its not rocket science ;)

You're seriously misreading Mike Ashley's game here if you reckon he thinks like that; heres a couple of words for you that feature high on his hitlist for a potential signing "RE-SALE VALUE".....theres more chance of Lord Lucan flying to the moon on the back of Shergar than us paying 8-10million for a 27 year old full back . Many on here agreed with this sort of policy last season...where are they now?.....

Theres something gone on because the player wanted to come. Ryder is closer to the club than any of us and if you take into account what the Lille boss man said you can see what is likely to have happened. I'm lead to beleive Gregory van der Wiel was who NUFC moved their attentions to, as he's 24 and eventually went to PSG for 5.28mill http://www.transferm...eler_45548.html Are you getting the drift here?...its not rocket science ;)

This resale policy is going well with all the players we have bought and sold for a profit. VDW turned us down btw.

This resale policy is going well with all the players we have bought and sold for a profit. VDW turned us down btw.

If I was VDW I would have as well...PSG, champs league, higher wages, no brainer really.

Thats the sort of situation where most clubs go back cap in hand to their original target and beg him to come....so it will be interesting to see what happens in Januaury. I agree the resale policy is going well. Doesnt make for a strong squad though.

I was being sarcastic, this buy to sell policy has been going 5-6 years? and unless I have missed someone we have bought exactly 0 players who we have sold on for a profit despite players like Tiote, Cabaye, Santon, Cisse, Ba, Krul off the top of my head obviously being worth more than we got them for.

Edited by Gejon

Yes it does, we had a squad strong enough to come 5th last year. That squad is stronger, i couldnt give a fuck in this case whether its only a little bit stronger or not. There are 2 facts that count here, firstly it was strong enough to come 5th and secondly it is stronger today.

You and i would prefer for it to be stronger and annoyingly it could have been but lets keep some perspective.

I was being sarcastic, this buy to sell policy has been going 5-6 years? and unless I have missed someone we have bought exactly 0 players who we have sold on for a profit despite players like Tiote, Cabaye, Santon, Cisse, Ba, Krul off the top of my head obviously being worth more than we got them for.

its been going on since 24th May 2009 ;)

All the squad have a resale value, thats what Ashley wants. No deadwood. VFM. If you want an example of the previous policy try Xisco.

its been going on since 24th May 2009 ;)

All the squad have a resale value, thats what Ashley wants. No deadwood. VFM. If you want an example of the previous policy try Xisco.

Time doesn't fly it seems :lol:

Obviously we don't want a squad full of dead wood, who does?

Yes it does, we had a squad strong enough to come 5th last year. That squad is stronger, i couldnt give a fuck in this case whether its only a little bit stronger or not. There are 2 facts that count here, firstly it was strong enough to come 5th and secondly it is stronger today.

You and i would prefer for it to be stronger and annoyingly it could have been but lets keep some perspective.

Can't see how you can say we're stronger up front?...

Am really ambivalent at the moment, I think last season was such a surprise for many of us that its unwise to jump to conclusions after a stop start season up till now.

Can't see how you can say we're stronger up front?...

Am really ambivalent at the moment, I think last season was such a surprise for many of us that its unwise to jump to conclusions after a stop start season up till now.

Well i didnt say we are stronger up front but i certainly dont think we are weaker because Lovenkrands left. He is an irrelevance for me as we have plenty of options and wont need him in any competition.

As if Xisco can be used as an example to determine a 'change in policy'.

Relegation changed the policy, Xisco was put on a mammoth contract by those previously advising Ashley i.e. Dennis and his muckers.He's ploughed his own furrow since. Am not sure if we're stronger or not tbh, but this week we play Monday,Thursday then Sunday. Am really looking forward to seeing who's in the 11 on Thursday and how they perform, it will be a good indicator of whats likely to happen before Chrismas.