NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

I also still expect a first team player to be sold. But it may be that we want replacements in place before we sell after Carrolls sale left us short.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he has to buy someone. You can't just sell all your players or else you don't have a team. 26mil profit on a like for like swap isn't bad though. Which bit are you finding outlandish btw?

Do people really have memories this short? Pardew has even said in the press its going to to be hard to keep Tiote. Is he softening us up for nowt?

The bit I'm finding outlandish is your argument.

On the one hand you're arguing that he had '£35 million sat in the bank' when I said he spent £10 million+ last season and then a few posts later you're saying that it all comes out of his pocket anyway as profit is his profit and loss is his loss.

Did we spend £10 million net last season? Yes or somewhere close.

Will we do it again this season? Who knows.

I also still expect a first team player to be sold. But it may be that we want replacements in place before we sell after Carrolls sale left us short.

I honestly think a deal Is already in place. He's astute enough to know that announcing selling Tiote for 25mil or similar is just going to ramp up the price of any other player we want to buy. Time will tell

This is the irritating thing when people say he pocketed the cash from the sale of AC. He didnt, it made up part of the business accounts. He then sanctioned the business spending over a period of time supported by that sale. Ie being self financing the business could afford it.

I honestly think a deal Is already in place. He's astute enough to know that announcing selling Tiote for 25mil or similar is just going to ramp up the price of any other player we want to buy. Time will tell

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

According to the sunday sun Borussia Monchengladbach think they've got an agreement in place for De Jong.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/07/01/79310-31295895/?

That was debunked by twente, also if we're sending people out there to negotiate deals it seems to counteract the idea they've got a deal done.

This is the irritating thing when people say he pocketed the cash from the sale of AC. He didnt, it made up part of the business accounts. He then sanctioned the business spending over a period of time supported by that sale. Ie being self financing the business could afford it.

I'm not really au fait with the running of a business, in case you hadn't guessed

I was thinking the other day about when we last had 3 quality strikers on the books at the same time.

Owen, Martins and Viduka stand out in recent times and they were all injury prone but then you have to go back 15 years to when we had Shearer, Ferdinand and Asprilla for the time before I think unless I'm missing something obvious.

Point of order: Martins was fucking shit.

such as?

Are you for real or do you just not read any news?!? I'll assume your not taking the piss, A lot of German papers are saying the deal is done ( German Bild, Magazine Kicker) also French media are not reporting the same ( L'equipe and France Football ) L'equipe are usually very good.

Twente have stated that its not true, none of the reports Ive seen have said hes signed or hes heading that way, most that they want him too and want to hijack our deal

so where have you seen that it "looks like hes off" to them and not us?

this point was already made on the last page, if you're going to come in with the same point later on as though theres been some development at least say or show where youre getting it from

Looks like De Jong is off to Germany

^ just saying that is useless

Twente have stated that its not true, none of the reports Ive seen have said hes signed or hes heading that way, most that they want him too and want to hijack our deal

so where have you seen that it "looks like hes off" to them and not us?

this point was already made on the last page, if you're going to come in with the same point later on as though theres been some development at least say or show where youre getting it from

^ just saying that is useless

I have listed four media sources which are saying he is going to Germany. The only news that seems to be coming out is that we should be close to signing Douglas not De Jong.

there are as many saying its still in the balance

btw I only asked for your source before you started getting pissy, why not just post it along with " hes off to germany" in the first place?

there are as many saying its still in the balance

btw I only asked for your source before you started getting pissy, why not just post it along with " hes off to germany" in the first place?

I didn't post it before hand because I didn't realise my post was going to be critiqued by you.

From what I've seen there seems to be a lot stories more saying he is going to Germany, Would be nice if it wasn't true and why would we have club staff in Holland, saying that they could just be there for the Douglas signing which is also doing the rounds.

Not that fussed if we miss out on de Jong tbh. Window has only just opened and there's loads of time to go.

On top of that Gladbach probably need him more than we do after selling Reus so I imagine they're offering the better deal, and they can offer CL (playoffs at least) football as they finished a place higher than us last season. And he's more likely to be a guaranteed starter there as things stand too.

We do need another forward if Best is off (on top of Lovenkrands), something which will become even more of a requirement if we cash in on Ba.