NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our final offer of €14 million was turned down according to the Dutch press and we've told them we've dropped our interest now.

I've read a couple reports like that and fair play in my opinion. We wont be hold to ransom and I'm surprised we went that high.

Soooo...Twente think they can get more than 12mill for him?.....I really cant see it being from Boroussia, so if theres another club in for him willing to pay that then fair play play to them. I dont think this is over yet for NUFC...always a good tactic to walk away, if you're confident of them coming back.....

If a deal had already been done, it would be all over the press. And why would he still be hanging around? The window's open. He would have gone by now. Getting a house and settling in at his new club.

None of that is happening.

If a deal had already been done, it would be all over the press. And why would he still be hanging around? The window's open. He would have gone by now. Getting a house and settling in at his new club.

Hardly any of our deals get leaked to the press these days. Cabaye, Santon, Cisse were all out of the blue.

All thats true, but Dekka and Pardew have both been in print in the last few months blatantly trying to sell him. The see him as this summer's Andy Carroll. Its difficult to say if a deals been fixed, a lot of things have come out of the blue transfer wise lately at NUFC.

Hardly any of our deals get leaked to the press these days. Cabaye, Santon, Cisse were all out of the blue.

All instances where we've bought players from abroad, where its feasible to go under the radar.

In this example, people are suggesting that we've sold Tiote to another premiership club and no one in the press has got a sniff of it. Not credible.

Based on his best mate being linked with us and his comments in the french press about how amazing he thinks Newcastle is.

All gone a bit quiet with his best mate at the minute. Maybe he knows something we don't!!!!

Conspiracy :lol:

Love how everyone is assuming Tiote or Cabaye are as good as gone, This is when I agree with Andrew..Source...none at all. The club have said they want to keep the best players and progress.

Bet I know the hot topic on RTG right now...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11695/7862339/Black-Cats-eye-Magpies-target

Sky Sports understands Sunderland are ready to fight Premier League rivals Newcastle for Ajax ace Vurnon Anita.

Newcastle have had a bid rejected by Ajax for Anita with the Dutch giants thought to be holding out for a fee in the region of £10-£12million for the Holland international.

The Magpies are thought to be preparing a new offer for Anita, but now Sunderland have expressed an interest in the defensive midfielder.

Black Cats boss Martin O'Neill is keen to bolster his midfield options this summer and has earmarked Anita as one of his top transfer targets.

O'Neill has money to spend this summer and he is hoping to steal a march on North East rivals Newcastle by winning the race for Anita.

A number of other Premier League clubs are thought to be tracking Anita with Aston Villa chief Paul Lambert a long-term admirer of the 23-year-old since his time in charge at Norwich.

Ajax are reluctant to lose Anita, but know they would not be able to resist a sizeable offer for the all-action midfielder.