The Media calling Man. U. 'united'. .

Davey Dave

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care. The other contributing factor is the two teams in Manchester. We can be called Newcastle and need no further description. With ManU the united part needs to be added to separate them from

man City. Likewise now you seen Man City just referred to as City.

I think we need a poll.

Something where you state how much/little you mind it and your location and years actively supporting NUFC.

Last time I tried a to do a poll I ballsed it up so if you've time on your hands be a good chap and start a poll. Anyone who does this, I'll see alright when I get my new glasses. :good:

It'll be the likes of me n yee saying it's a disgrace which it is, and you're OOT and new age fans of varying ages asking what's all the fuss is about. That's very sadly where we are in 2012.

It really isn't small time, to those who think it's irrelevant, it isn't the end of the world but it pisses most long term fans off. I'd put very good money on a poll of long term supporters being more bothered by this than say, someone from Belfast. Someone from Belfast will get 'United' rammed down his throat and will just accept that they're United, we're just Newcastle. Anyone growing up here, when the main media outlet for NUFC always referred to us as United will not be so quick to appease the thought process of saying, 'it doesn't matter'. I can say, at a match, at some point I'll shout out, 'Ha'way United! Get into the fuckers!'.

Don't bend over and take it. My United play in black & white, A Mancs United play in red. The media are 100% to blame for this and it never used to happen as much as it does today. There's no excuse for anyone who isn't a Red calling a game featuring us v them as United v Newcastle, it's just disrespectful. Any Mag doing it wants their fucking hammers, OOTer or not.

By the way, There's two Sheffields. I can't remember Sheffield Utd being universally called United by all and sundry to differentiate them from Sheffield Wednesday. Sheffield United usually get called 'Sheff Utd', same as how most Geordies will call MUFC 'Man U' or 'Man Utd'.

What makes fucking Man U so special that people with no emotional attachment to them call them United? The fuckwits and ex-players in the media just hammering the name since the early nineties have helped this.

I support United, but they don't play in fucking red so please don't patronise me Mr Media Man. Thanks. :good:

Aye it'll definitely be people with common sense and a bit of real world perspective who don't get worked up about it. Agreed.

Aye, Mags with no balls wont get worked up, I agree, Gemmill. :D

Then again, as a man who does have a little perspective, and one who doesn't want to get bogged down by old fashioned ways, why don't we just take 'United' out of our name?

We can be known as NFC. Newcastle Football Club. I mean, it doesn't really matter does it? Not for anyone with perspective. The Sports Direct Arena doesn't matter as well. It's just a name.

All you coooool cats out there who don't dig the anxiety over calling them United, that's just for those boycoutting, untrendy fans.

Get on message, it's cool to be blase. Lets not risk some cunt who probably doesn't like our club anyway, take the piss out of us.

Don't give a fuck, for fucks sake!

Then again, as a man who does have a little perspective, and one who doesn't want to get bogged down by old fashioned ways, why don't we just take 'United' out of our name?

We can be known as NFC. Newcastle Football Club. I mean, it doesn't really matter does it? Not for anyone with perspective. The Sports Direct Arena doesn't matter as well. It's just a name.

:lol: Not the best argument I've seen for having perspective. :razz:

It maybe doesn't matter that much, but that doesn't make right. Its piss poor lazy journalism from the smug pricks in the media. They pull clubs, managers and players apart for any hint of unprofesionalism, yet they can't get the name of one of the biggest clubs in the world correct. If you're going to get paid for something as trivial as reporting on sport, at least try and get the facts right.

All you coooool cats out there who don't dig the anxiety over calling them United, that's just for those boycoutting, untrendy fans.

Get on message, it's cool to be blase. Lets not risk some cunt who probably doesn't like our club anyway, take the piss out of us.

Don't give a fuck, for fucks sake!

Anxiety. :lol: You don't think you're overreacting at all? Seriously, this is not important.

But why shrug your shoulders about something that matters to you?

Anyway, things to do etc. I'll leave some other brain damaged Geordie to take up the baton. Ah here's Paddocklad! You don't get more drink addled and brain damaged than him! ;)

But why shrug your shoulders about something that matters to you?

Anyway, things to do etc. I'll leave some other brain damaged Geordie to take up the baton. Ah here's Paddocklad! You don't get more drink addled and brain damaged than him! ;)

:lol:

hark at you, "Smirnoff Dave"!

It's giving a fuck about things that don't matter that drove me to drink.......long may it continue!

The media are so ridiculously biased towards the usual suspects that the name with which they refer to Manure is the least of my worries with them. Most commentators want taking out to some distant paddock and shot.

One eyed morons would believe half the shite they spout, which makes it worse as they should have a responsibility to inform those who know less about the game and the associated rules.

I've taken exception before to people referring to manure as 'United' by questioning them as to whether they were talking about Sheffield, West Ham, Newcastle etc despite obviously knowing who they were talking about. The problem is that with the media spouting it constantly those whose primary exposure to the game is through them don't know any better. In the end though there's no intentional malice towards Newcastle United, so I've let it go. It does annoy me if a Newcastle United supporter (or player) does it mind you. For me when I think of United, it's all about Newcastle.

The correct "who are you referring to" dig is Rotherham - they were the first.

I also think "manure", "chelski" and "citeh" are far bigger crimes than the OP - sky era shite of the worst kind.

The correct "who are you referring to" dig is Rotherham - they were the first.

I also think "manure", "chelski" and "citeh" are far bigger crimes than the OP - sky era shite of the worst kind.

Spot on. Fucking Manure. There's other ones too "Wet Sham" oh dear, "Vile" for Villa, wanks. It's not younguns faults though they just absorb what the media tell them.

The correct "who are you referring to" dig is Rotherham - they were the first. I also think "manure", "chelski" and "citeh" are far bigger crimes than the OP - sky era shite of the worst kind.
Spot on. Fucking Manure. There's other ones too "Wet Sham" oh dear, "Vile" for Villa, wanks. It's not younguns faults though they just absorb what the media tell them.

'Red Dippers', 'Blue Dippers'.

;)

'Wall Pushers'

Who'd use that phrase on here?

:lol:

RD BD and WPs are all phrases old school people would have used if only they'd thought of them first, there's the difference ;)

"Tractor Boys"

"Smog monsters"