Perch

Dr Gloom

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly deserves his praise as he hasn't just been the best of a bad bunch, throwing his body on the line in the face of certain catastrophe, he's been performing to such a level people are talking about him for Man of the Match in a game where we beat on of the Sky Sports' Top 8TM

Thought perch had a great game, to be fair I thought all of the lads played out of their skins, I would hate to be a defender against HBA, was a gorgeous sight to see the dippers backing away from him whenever he had the ball

His block on that Suarez shot was utter class. I thought Suarez had ballooned it and missed an open goal at first.

I thought the exact same thing lol. I was shocked when the ref said it was a corner. He was pure class today!

So, when Colo comes back in to the side, would you rather see Perch start alongside him instead of Williamson?

No. Williamson was good against Swansea. His height is an asset both in defending corners and taking them. Perch is better as a midfield spoiler without a doubt.

Aye there's enough other places Perchy can help out over the last few games.

Looks like we may have trouble getting Tiote and Cabaye to last the course so even on the bench to be able to rest them at times would be very helpful.

We don't play two smaller players like that for a reason.

Taylor and Williamson is like for like.

Colo and Mariappa as understudy was to be the other one.

Perchenbauer has been fantastic in there. I love a lad who's confident and capable going to ground. Andy Griffin has finally been replaced.

• 4 weeks later...

another quality performance from perch. he should be starting on this form. probably ahead of simpson

Was still a tad nervous about him replacing Simpson, but wow what a game. What impresses me most about him is his passing, seems to just about always take the right option even when under some pressure. It's amazing what a transformation he has made.

it's not often you see a boo boy target turn it around to the extent perch has. he's barely put a foot wrong all season. he's come on when needed, played about 4 different positions and has looked the part every game. i'm a big fan of his well timed, crunching tackles. a perch reducer tbh

Chez said he was a good player tbf.

I thought he was very good for Forest against us, could see he was suffering from confidence but tbh I was just being circumspect by asking people not to write him off. Not going to claim I could see the performances he has put in recently. He was very good again tonight, big credit to Pardew more than anything.