Analysis of Newcastle United

Kid Dynamite

Aye, been reading that this morning. He's fairly well respected as far as financial analysis goes. It does also highlight the uncertainty of the next action where MA is concerned.

Interested in this one.....

24%2BNewcastle%2BPlayer%2BTrading.jpg

The 10/11 operating loss was £4m which became a £32m profit after player trading...which suggests £36m earned.

The accounts that just came out also say that subsequent to the balance sheet date we've spent £8.5m (including associated costs) and and earned £7.25m...which I work out as a £1.25m net spend.

Where am I going wrong?

10%2BNewcastle%2BProfit%2BLeague.jpg

If another statistic were needed to emphasise how well Newcastle are doing financially, try this for size: they made more money than any other club in the Premier League last season with their profit of £32.6 million. This was ahead of the cash machine known as Manchester United (£30 million), the low spending Blackpool (£21 million) and the widely admired Arsenal (£15 million).

Three clubs (Liverpool, Sunderland and Birmingham City) have still to publish their accounts for 2010/11, but there is no chance of them emulating Newcastle’s performance.

Pocketed! ;)

10%2BNewcastle%2BProfit%2BLeague.jpg

If another statistic were needed to emphasise how well Newcastle are doing financially, try this for size: they made more money than any other club in the Premier League last season with their profit of £32.6 million. This was ahead of the cash machine known as Manchester United (£30 million), the low spending Blackpool (£21 million) and the widely admired Arsenal (£15 million).

Three clubs (Liverpool, Sunderland and Birmingham City) have still to publish their accounts for 2010/11, but there is no chance of them emulating Newcastle’s performance.

Pocketed! ;)

He's a successful businessman, this does not come as a surprise.

"Life in a Northern Town"

The bloke's a mug!

That's what I said to him. I pointed out a few aspects of his written script which he could've improved on, and he actually agreed with me. Two tweeters with 30,000 followers I contradicted today, he agreed with me, did the same with Simon Bird and he agreed with me too. Bird's piece was a joke though, apparently it's bad for the club to get in Europe this year.

Regarding the piece it's a superb piece of research, and anyone with half a brain will read it and know exactly where we are now financially. Staggering that Fulham, Bolton, Everton, West Ham and Sunderland spend more on wages than us. Fulham and Bolton ffs!

The 10/11 operating loss was £4m which became a £32m profit after player trading...which suggests £36m earned.

The accounts that just came out also say that subsequent to the balance sheet date we've spent £8.5m (including associated costs) and and earned £7.25m...which I work out as a £1.25m net spend.

Where am I going wrong?

Subsequent to the balance sheet- ie after 30 June and not shown in the accounts.

Edited by Matt

"Life in a Northern Town"

The bloke's a mug!

That's what I said to him. I pointed out a few aspects of his written script which he could've improved on, and he actually agreed with me. Two tweeters with 30,000 followers I contradicted today, he agreed with me, did the same with Simon Bird and he agreed with me too. Bird's piece was a joke though, apparently it's bad for the club to get in Europe this year.

Regarding the piece it's a superb piece of research, and anyone with half a brain will read it and know exactly where we are now financially. Staggering that Fulham, Bolton, Everton, West Ham and Sunderland spend more on wages than us. Fulham and Bolton ffs!

It's like you're the voice of the geordie nation....

Subsequent to the balance sheet- ie after 30 June and not shown in the accounts.

Exactly, so where has the Swiss Rample plucked these 11/12 numbers from...

The only mention In the accounts is the one I referenced above of £8.5m spent since and £7.25m pulled in.

The odd mistake about players but all in all a good read.

Does anyone know what the expected income was for catering before we contracted it out?

According to this the catering deal was worth £38 million in turnover over 5 years, so £7.6 million a year roughly.

http://www.citmagazine.com/news/863297/Newcastle-United-FC-signs-Sodexo-Prestige/

A great read, shows that despite some of the ridiculous things that have been done there is some very good fiscal controls being implemented. Oddly enough the problems that Ashley has created would have been the easier ones to prevent, as opposed to reigning in the financial side whilst improvving the clubs standing on the table (post relegation obviously).

The only mention In the accounts is the one I referenced above of £8.5m spent since and £7.25m pulled in.

I guess he's going off press estimates. It's certainly not shown in any official release.

Edited by Matt

I guess he's going off press estimates. It's certainly not shown in any official release.

The club release audited interim figures to UEFA, which are required to prove that they continue to be a viable business / club. These are not in the public domain though, so it might be some inside knowledge.

It's pretty close to what's in the Transfer History thread....

Out

Kevin Nolan -£4,000,000

Wayne Routledge -£2,000,000

Jose Enrique -£6,000,000

£12m (£2.2m out from £9.8m SR says)

In

Yohan Cabaye £4,300,000

Gabriel Obertan £3,250,000

Rob Elliot £100,000

Davide Santon £5,300,000

Papiss Demba Cissé £10,000,000

£22.95 (£450K out from £23.4 SR says)

Total £10.95m spend (£2.65m out from £13.6m SR says)

I'm just confused what the the accounts are talking about..

alpuo2.jpg

those amounts are nothing like what's been reported or what the Swiss Ramble and we have estimated as a result (if the Swiss Ramble did estimate it too). Installments?

Edited by Happy Face