Newcastle v Liverpool

Gene_Clark

This game is second (or, third i guess) to the games with the mackems. Its fucking huge, for league positions and the fact that liverpool stole our 'best' players, are cheating cunts, are racist cunts, are whinging cunts, have thebiggest tit in football as managerall enveloped in the most irritating victim complex ever. I hope we fucking smash them

Hmmm, that's some real good logic you have there. Another set of fans that hate Liverpool? i'm shocked :rolleyes: Don't tell me, you also hate Suarez as well? :cry:

yes he's a cretin.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to this. I do hope I'm not going to see Gerard celebrating against us, yet again. Would love, just love it, if we pummelled them, hope we really get at them from the first whistle and score early.

AS United prepare to take on Liverpool, former Toon star Tino Asprilla gives his verdict on Kenny Dalglish’s time in the St James’ hot seat.

TINO ASPRILLA today stuck the boot into Kenny Dalglish – and branded the dour Scot: “The man who destroyed the Entertainers.”

Dalglish returns to St James’ Park on Sunday for the powder-keg Premier League clash that could go a long way to deciding whether Tino’s old team qualify for Europe – in a week when painful memories are sure to be evoked.The former Newcastle boss arrived on Tyneside in 1997 hoping to lift the Premier League title, but only succeeded in dismantling one of the greatest teams in the Magpies’ history as he incredibly sold Peter Beardsley, David Ginola, Les Ferdinand, Lee Clark, John Beresford, Robbie Elliott – and the talisman himself, Asprilla.

Dalglish did lead the black-and-whites to the Champions League, but his wrecking spree on Tyneside broke up Kevin Keegan’s dream team – to the fury of the Toon Army.

Worse still, Dalglish then caused astonishment at St James’ Park by replacing the terrace favourites with veterans like John Barnes, Ian Rush, Stuart Pearce and virtual unknowns like Des Hamilton and Garry Brady.

Asprilla told the Chronicle: “When Kenny Daglish arrived at Newcastle I had heard so many good things about him.

“And I could not wait to play for him.

“Anyone who achieves so much as a player like he did you would naturally expect him to do well as a manager.

“This was not the case. Within months he had the team playing a style that was alien to most of us and he started to sell some of our star players.

“The stars like Ginola, Ferdinand and Beardsley were moved on.

“It was a team that could have gone on to win the league, having come so close in 1996.

“But instead we were broken up and the dream faded. I was sad to see Dalglish destroy the team.”

Asprilla endured a fraught relationship with Dalglish.

And even after the pair’s finest hour together when Asprilla scored a hat-trick against Barcelona in the Champions League in 1997, he didn’t manage to nail the permanent run in the side he was looking for.

The 1997-98 season in question resulted in Newcastle tumbling from second place to 13th – a situation Tino feels he could have rectified.

Asprilla, who has always claimed he would never have quit Newcastle had Keegan left, said: “I found myself out of the side and on the bench.

“I did not feel that this was fair and knew that given the chance I could turn around our average season.

“I did not complain, I just did my training and waited for my chances, but they were few and far between.”

The relationship couldn’t be resolved. Newcastle papered over the cracks of their horrendous league form by beating Stevenage, Tranmere, Barnsley and Sheffield United to reach the FA Cup final and Asprilla was sold back to Parma.

Asprilla said: “My departure was a sad day for me and I wish things could have been different.

“I have no malice towards Kenny, but with hindsight I think the club and the fans realise now that he was not the right man for the job.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/03/28/asprilla-how-dalglish-destroyed-the-entertainers-72703-30640337/#ixzz1qRb2avtR

What's the take on 'best' defensive line-up to go into this game with? Is Santon capable of playing in central defense? Will Perch or Simpson be played there instead? None of these options inspire me with any confidence. One particularly big worry for me apart from their defensive frailties is the abaility of that back four to play the ball out. If they revert to hoofing the ball up the pitch then it's likely that posession will be turned over and the pressure will be heaped on. If we can't get the ball consistently to where our strengths lay then our weaknesses could well be shown up. Cabaye (and Tiote if fit) will be key here with a responsibility to help play the ball out from deep.

Basically my take is that the best form of defense for us will be attack. The more chances they get playing into their final third the more our defense will be shown up as being inexperienced and out of position.

Have you ever been ashamed of anything your players have done?

Have you heard of the RAWK_Meltdown twitter user, if so what are your thoughts?

I'd say in all seriousness:

You've won a cup and are still in with a decent shout of lifting the other; if you were to finish 8th with those two pots, would you be happy with this season? Would you swap both cups for a Champions League spot?

Your team and management have come under a lot of scrutiny over the handling of the Suarez incident, why do you think the nation reacted in the way it did to it all?

Kenny Dalglish was a wonderful player and is adored on Merseyside (in much the same way Keegan is loved on Tyneside) but it seems that the support he received initially is waning; is this a fair assessment?

As a follow up; the players that were signed by Dalglish haven't really gelled this term, is that just because they're not good enough, or is it that they require a longer bedding in period?

Two of those signings came from Newcastle, what are you impressions of them, long and short term?

How do you think you're going to be affected by the FFP?

Who is your Liverpool player of the season thus far?

Who has been the biggest disappointment?

Which Premier League players have impressed?

Which Premier League Managers have impressed?

Who will be your danger man/men against Newcastle?

Which Newcastle player(s) are you worried about?

Are we going to be interviewed for RAWK again?

Or have their mods blacklisted this site after we "disrespected King Kenny", genuinely upsetting one of their staff in the process?

Better hope for their sake they stay out of Newcastle-online...

They'll probably have a rage aneurysm.

You've won a cup and are still in with a decent shout of lifting the other; if you were to finish 8th with those two pots, would you be happy with this season? Would you swap both cups for a Champions League spot?

Your team and management have come under a lot of scrutiny over the handling of the Suarez incident, why do you think the nation reacted in the way it did to it all?

Kenny Dalglish was a wonderful player and is adored on Merseyside (in much the same way Keegan is loved on Tyneside) but it seems that the support he received initially is waning; is this a fair assessment?

As a follow up; the players that were signed by Dalglish haven't really gelled this term, is that just because they're not good enough, or is it that they require a longer bedding in period?

Two of those signings came from Newcastle, what are you impressions of them, long and short term?

That's a fair set of questions Fish, will have a go at them later.

That's a fair set of questions Fish, will have a go at them later.

Get on over there Fish and post them up. Good questions and would be interesting to see the responses. Give the non-stereotypical fans a chance to respond.

You've won a cup and are still in with a decent shout of lifting the other; if you were to finish 8th with those two pots, would you be happy with this season?

Very happy indeed

Would you swap both cups for a Champions League spot?

I would dearly love to gain a CL spot, but I wouldn’t swap any of the three domestic cups available for one. It’s all about winning trophies, and this season has stemmed the 6 year drought.

CL is exciting, financially very well rewarded, and has the benefit of attracting the top players, and getting to the final is one of the best feelings in football, but as a choice of winning a trophy or 4th spot, it’ll always be a trophy for me.

The nation came at it from a different angle than the club and its fans. The FA, the ‘independent committee’ and the nation, believed Evra, most reds didn’t. The argument thrown up is that Suarez admitted it, yes, he admitted to using a word that to him meant nothing racist at all, once, but to others it was racist. I only wish someone had phoned the police and made an official complaint as in the John Terry case, I don’t think it would have gotten past the CPS if it had. It’s made me realize that this country pays lip service to understanding other cultures, but in reality there’s no understanding at all. If the word Suarez used was deemed racist the FA could have still found him guilty, but with a two match ban and an order for him to learn what is, and is not, acceptable in England.

It depends where you are really. At the match, and in the city, the support is as strong as ever, even though his mistakes will be talked about, and tactics discussed. I haven’t heard one person say we need a change of manager.

Dalglish was not only our best ever player, he was also one of our best managers. He won us 3 titles, 2 FA Cups and 2 League Cups, and his leadership of the club, fans, and city through Hillsborough was incomparable. I don’t take a lot of notice of national phone ins, they’re usually full of kneejerkers and dickheads, but the local phone ins have produced similar to what I said above, wrong decisions at times, tactics, but not heard any calling for his head, and the majority saying that he will get it right.

Over the past few years we lost major players, and some good squad players, because of the financial restraints of the previous owners. It was always going to be hard to replace Alonso, Mascherano and Torres especially with no CL to offer, and no Europe at all last summer, so it’s been more a case of getting rid of the higher earners who were shite, and building the squad up again. This season has given the new players a bedding in period, and hopefully with just one or two top quality players coming in the summer we’ll be able to put up a more consistent season next year.

Enrique is great, been a little bit off form of late, but overall a great buy, I hope he’s here for years to come.

Carroll is a bit of an enigma, there are times when you can see the potential, and other times when he just looks like a lazy get trotting round, getting nowhere. For me, he doesn’t have a football brain and therefore finds it hard to anticipate other player’s moves or getting into good positions. I know we don’t play to his supposed strengths, but Dalglish won’t turn us into a long ball team just to suit Carroll, the player has to adapt to us. I think he was a mistake all round because he appears to take his career too casually, and if he carries on that way I can see him dropping down the leagues. I hope he proves me wrong.

We won’t be affected at all I don’t think. The wage bill was cut considerably last summer, and the new shirt deal with Warrior, among other good commercial deals, should take us some way towards what we lost for not being in Europe. Our net spend in terms of players is quite low, and I think we are even in a position to offer higher wages to one or two top class players this summer.

Skrtel

Carroll

Van Persie obviously, but Ba and Kompany have impressed as well.

Brendon Rodgers, Wenger for turning Arsenal around after all the stick he was getting, and the fact that his teams were playing shite. Steve Kean for same reason as Wenger. Pardew has done well too.

Suarez, Gerrard and Bellamy if he’s playing.

Ba, he’s been a great buy for you and a bargain to boot, but your team have done so well this season it’s the team as a whole I’ll be worried about.

Edited by Pacinofan