mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

A striker in the box playing a shot from a through ball.

What the fuck does he think he meant to do? :lol:

He meant to trap the ball before trying to turn the defender and get a shot off but as he tried to trap it he made a total pigs ear of it and got lucky by the ball spinning off his foot and over the keeper. It epitomises our luck this season.

:lol:

How many times have you gone to trap a ball and ended up curling it perfectly in the top corner? :lol:

Plus for their first 10-12 games under O'Neill their luck was unparalelled.

We've been solid & confortable these past few games.

Interesting thread here about how a Sunderland fan driving past SJP just before kick off yesterday had the urge to 'plough into the crowd' at Strawberry place because they were holding him up on a trip to visit a relative at the RVI. Another one comments (negatively) that we're different from them because we have more corporate types, older people, people NOT wearing track suits, and 'ethnic types'. Jesus wept.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=693860

How many times have you gone to trap a ball and ended up curling it perfectly in the top corner? :lol:

Plus for their first 10-12 games under O'Neill their luck was unparalelled.

We've been solid & confortable these past few games.

Tom, man. I was taking the piss! ;)

Interesting thread here about how a Sunderland fan driving past SJP just before kick off yesterday had the urge to 'plough into the crowd' at Strawberry place because they were holding him up on a trip to visit a relative at the RVI. Another one comments (negatively) that we're different from them because we have more corporate types, older people, people NOT wearing track suits, and 'ethnic types'. Jesus wept.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=693860

Tbf that's a Newcastle fan pretending to be a mackem. He's had pelters for it before.

Check his ava. :)

Tbf that's a Newcastle fan pretending to be a mackem. He's had pelters for it before.

Check his ava. :)

Aye, just noticed that 'gegard' is a mag wum. The OP is still a mackem arsehole though. Just seen Gemmill has posted on that thread too.

Think it was from a game in the seventies when Jimmy Hill was at Coventry. They delayed a match and as soon as they knew SAFC lost the two teams just played out a draw which suited both and kept both clubs up. IIRC.

It was 77 - the only combination of results that would relegate them was a loss for them and a draw bewtween Coventry and Bristol City. Of course the "legend" fails to mention that they did their part in it by losing 2-0 to Everton.

Like all stories like that it's become mythical over the years - it did kick off 10 minutes late I think but they've added the two teams passing to each other and shit like that. Of course no Mackems would have been there and there wouldn't have been any cameras so its only reported hearsay.

I would normally have a soft spot for Coventry as a result of this hatred but I can't stand Jimmy Hill either.

Love how the OP in that thread is saying it's weird that Newcastle fans look like they're going out after. :lol: We should rock up in tracky bottoms and chav-chic?

I had a quick look over today when I was bored, they're fucking mental! Some were saying that it's good if we finish 4th as we'll not be able to buy anyone as we're not certain for CL football due to having to play in the qualifier so will suffer in the league and then they can overtake us :lol: errm except we're guaranteed Europa league football anyway even if we lost in the CL qualifier and we've managed to attract players like Cabaye, Ba, Santon etc after finishing in the bottom half of the Premiership so who knows who we could bring in if we came 4th.

There was another lad who announced how hilarious it's going to be when we sell these players, then went on to list 8 of our starting 11 :lol: when has he EVER seen a team sell 8 of their starting 11? short of a Leeds situation. I'm staggered by them tbh they've screamed how deluded we are all season then say things like If only O'Neill had started the season as manager they'd be where we are, hold on have they missed that they have 2 wins in their past 11 and haven't scored in 5 straight games under the mighty O'Neill.

I understand the ones trying to pass our season off as a fluke etc it's their way of coping I get it but saying stuff like we'll plummet like a rock and they'll come top 6 next season is mental.

Edited by Howay