mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

"Whilst driving along a country road I came on some magpies on the road. As usual, I accelerated to try and hit them. My friend treavlling with me and also a Sunderland supporter, said that he did that as well.

Have you done this, and if so, have you succeeded? I haven't yet."

:spaz:

It was 77 - the only combination of results that would relegate them was a loss for them and a draw bewtween Coventry and Bristol City. Of course the "legend" fails to mention that they did their part in it by losing 2-0 to Everton.

Like all stories like that it's become mythical over the years - it did kick off 10 minutes late I think but they've added the two teams passing to each other and shit like that. Of course no Mackems would have been there and there wouldn't have been any cameras so its only reported hearsay.

I would normally have a soft spot for Coventry as a result of this hatred but I can't stand Jimmy Hill either.

I was listening to talksport and the Coventry captain at that game was on saying how both teams were going for the win and Jimmy Hill was getting nervous so he got the Score flashed up on the scoreboard. Then him and the Bristol City captain who he had played with at Leeds got together and calmed both teams down. So it's not as deluded as I would like to think.

I think according to several Sunderland fans we can describe our season thusly.

Very Lucky all marginal decisions have gone our way.

Despite finishing much higher in the league only 2 possibly 3 of our players would make their first 11.

been incredibly lucky with injuries having no long term issues and have played exactly the same 11 all season.

Have been very lucky in all our signings this can't continue.

Europe is the best possible thing from a Makems view as it guarantees we will be crap next season.

Champions League qualifying 4th would be the best possible scenarios as it would mean all the signings we will want to make will wait to see if we qualify first meaning we have to panic buy at the end of August.

If MO'N had been their manager from the start of the season they would be above us.

I was tempted to reply to the "What has Pardew done" thread with "Secured as many ponts with four games left as your new messiah's best ever year, without spending about 100m like he did. Cunts."

"Whilst driving along a country road I came on some magpies on the road. As usual, I accelerated to try and hit them. My friend treavlling with me and also a Sunderland supporter, said that he did that as well.

Have you done this, and if so, have you succeeded? I haven't yet."

Got visions of them being stuck in a perpetual loop of frenzied driving backwards and forwards over a zebra crossings in the thought that he's getting some kind of result .

Silly fucking cunt .

Got visions of them being stuck in a perpetual loop of frenzied driving backwards and forwards over a zebra crossings in the thought that he's getting some kind of result .

Silly fucking cunt .

:lol:

:lol:

Was it last year or the year before where we played them at the Stadium of Copyright Infringement and a magpie came onto the pitch and they all started booing it/throwing stuff at it? :lol:

Last year

sunderland-a-magpie-on-the-pitch.jpg

10036001.jpg

I find it bizarre that you vote for a name anyway. Surely nick names are given to you by everyone else over a period of time.

I'm not so sure a story about a bloke slagging off a premier league club now playing for Carlisle who's so unknown that the 'journalist' had to include a picture of John O'Shea is particularly funny.

What sort of a position is he in to comment?

It wouldn't be too dissimilar to Jamie McClen saying we're shit.

Its funny because its true

SIGNING OF THE SEASON

In true symmetrical fashion' date=' before anybody else steals my thunder.

Plenty of runners for this:

Aguero

Mata

Vorm

Yakubu

McClean

Cisse

Ba

[/quote']

Spot the odd one out

Edited by Lake Bells tits