mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Just stopped off at a chip shop in a village which is a real B&W stronghold and said shop even had an NUFC poster behind the counter. Imagine my shock/surprise to see "cheesy chips" on the menu!

Now I wouldn't normally be so arrogant to advise macums how to do things, but I really would have thought they'd have tried to protect that most Wearside of delicacies along the same lines as producers in say....Champagne, Parma or Wensleydale have done.

If they do seek to protect their famous fayre then perhaps chippies outside of Sunderland could get around this by refering to the offering as "chips with cheese" or even "pomme frites avec fromage" in more pretentious establishments.

Just stopped off at a chip shop in a village which is a real B&W stronghold and said shop even had an NUFC poster behind the counter. Imagine my shock/surprise to see "cheesy chips" on the menu!

Now I wouldn't normally be so arrogant to advise macums how to do things, but I really would have thought they'd have tried to protect that most Wearside of delicacies along the same lines as producers in say....Champagne, Parma or Wensleydale have done.

If they do seek to protect their famous fayre then perhaps chippies outside of Sunderland could get around this by refering to the offering as "chips with cheese" or even "pomme frites avec fromage" in more pretentious establishments.

Swear I have read this before like... :glare:

I pulled him up on doing something similar the other week.

Iirc he also got banned from N-O for his racist views. Think he might've been Stormrider.

don't out-dumb yourself with quick-drawn conclusions, prove he is?

Looks like LBT just copied that post from someone who posted it on N-O, might explain how he knows about places a Norwegian wouldn't know.

Generally a bit of an odd twat.

arent you gonna post a link or something?