mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

“I was too good, my level was too high,” he said of his experience at Sunderland. “What doesn’t kill me makes me stronger. I can’t wait to have another chance with the right people. I feel a better manager than before.

What a tit Di Canio is.

“I was too good, my level was too high,” he said of his experience at Sunderland. “What doesn’t kill me makes me stronger. I can’t wait to have another chance with the right people. I feel a better manager than before.

He's never really been one for the left people, has he?

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/fan-s-view-is-there-a-conspiracy-against-sunderland-this-season-1-6289770

FAN’S VIEW: Is there a conspiracy against Sunderland this season?
1650882459.jpg

Lee Cattermole of Sunderland challenge during the Barclays Premier League match at the KC Stadium, Hull.

SUNDERLAND have been the unluckiest team in the league this year. Not one of the unluckiest teams, THE unluckiest team.

We do not deserve to be at the foot of the table.

The decision referee Kevin Friend made, giving Wes Brown a red card 36 minutes into the game against Stoke, was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

However, this isn’t the first time this has happened, this season. Let’s look at the evidence...

Exhibit A: Paolo Di Canio vs. The World

I’ll be honest. I was all for the sacking of Paolo Di Canio, but that talk is for another day. From day one, the media were dying for Di Canio to fail.

They weren’t bothered about him breaking the hoodoo against Everton and hammering Newcastle 3-0.

They were bothered about him being a fascist.

I can’t quite remember now, but there was a line in there that said something like “Di Canio, who in 2005 admitted he was a fascist and described Benito Mussolini as a misunderstood person”.

They would have been better off just writing “Paolo Di Canio, who owns a KKK outfit with a Nazi symbol sewn on the sleeve”.

The media will not get off a manager’s back until they crack, right in front of everyone.

Exhibit B: Fixtures

Yes, I know. We have to play every team at some point. However, the order we have played these games is ridiculous. From September 14th to December 7th (three months worth of home games) we have/will have played Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester United, Newcastle, Manchester City, Chelsea and Tottenham. The top six with Newcastle, the hardest game of the year jammed in the middle of them. Then at the end of the season, we have all those teams... AWAY FROM HOME.

Exhibit C: Bacary Sagna

Against Arsenal, we played good enough to warrant at least a point, and there is evidence that we maybe should have gotten one. Near the end of the game Jozy Altidore had one man to beat (Bacary Sagna) before he was one-on-one with Szczesny.

Sagna drags him back, but Altidore demonstrated his strength by battling on. He then shot past Szczesny and just before Koscielny can clear it, the ball crosses the line.

The referee then blows his whistle, points for a free-kick and books Sagna. He doesn’t send him off. He books him. This baffles me. The referee only has two options in my eyes. Either let the goal stand or give the free-kick and send him off.

He’s the last man and he’s denied a goal scoring opportunity, since he actually scored a goal. So, send him off.

Exhibit D: Lee Cattermole’s Reputation

The infamous Hull game. Subbed goalie. 1-0 down. Two sent off. About 200 fans walked out there and then. Dossena should have been sent off.

However, Lee Cattermole was sent off simply because, he’s Lee Cattermole. This was later proven when Robbie Brady slid in on Adam Johnson and was only booked.

If Cattermole hadn’t been wrongly sent off, Dossena may not have behaved as he did and we may have gone on to win the game.

Exhibit E: Kevin Friend

If you follow me on Twitter (@MoranGShore), I’ll sound like a bit of a broken record, but Sunderland were well and truly robbed on Saturday. Looking at the replays, Wes Brown does nothing wrong at all.

He goes in studs down, one footed and gets 100% of the ball.

At the time, I was listening on BBC Newcastle and Benno actually said “what a tackle”. Of course, 20 seconds later, he was doing his best Churchill impression (“Oh no no no”).

Another thing that really hacked me off was the time spent talking about it on Match of the Day. If that had been involving a big club, there would be hell on.

Between the referees and the media, it seems like nobody wants Sunderland to do well this season. To quote Kevin Keegan “I WOULD LOVE IT IF WE BEAT THEM! LOVE IT!”

:nah:

The top six with Newcastle, the hardest game of the year jammed in the middle of them. Then at the end of the season, we have all those teams... AWAY FROM HOME.

We're in the top six you daft mackem git. <_<

We're in the top six you daft mackem git. <_<

I think he meant to say

"The top six with the hardest game of the year, Newcastle, jammed in the middle of them"

...but I might be affording him too much sense.

I think he meant to say

"The top six with the hardest game of the year, Newcastle, jammed in the middle of them"

...but I might be affording him too much sense.

Hes named 7 teams including us though.

Every game they win ( i know its not very often ) they deserve to.

Every game they don't they deserved to.

Every game they draw,they should have won

No matter what the scoreline when they have someone sent off,if he hadn't been,they would have won.

If the makems get murdered but only lose 1 v 0,their one and only chance that was missed means a point was deserved.

You cannot talk football with a makem.

Every game they win ( i know its not very often ) they deserve to.

Every game they don't they deserved to.

Every game they draw,they should have won

No matter what the scoreline when they have someone sent off,if he hadn't been,they would have won.

If the makems get murdered but only lose 1 v 0,their one and only chance that was missed means a point was deserved.

You cannot talk football with a makem.

Not being funny but the same can be said of most bad fans of most clubs. The two Merseyside clubs are, imo, worse for all of these points.

I was all for the sacking of Paolo Di Canio

[...]

I can’t quite remember now, but there was a line in there that said something like “Di Canio, who in 2005 admitted he was a fascist and described Benito Mussolini as a misunderstood person”.

They would have been better off just writing “Paolo Di Canio, who owns a KKK outfit with a Nazi symbol sewn on the sleeve”.

:lol:

I honestly can't believe how relaxed they are they don't seem worried about relegation at all. They are utter dross and Steven Fletcher is a shit forward.

What are you talking about?! They still have Altidore man!

'This is a player who did not have a fantastic experience three years ago at Hull but he was young and in which environment? We don’t know. It wasn’t top level, but he left, grew up and went around Europe. He finished last year with a very good goals tally in a different league. You don’t score those numbers of goals if you are not quality.

'He has come back and he is the kind of quality I need. He is the size I need. He is a modern footballer. He jumps hard and he is an animal. He attacks every space and his first touch is good. He is fantastic finisher and that is a good mixture. We will play good football to help him to score and he is going to have a big part to play this year. All the signals that we have seen are positive'

I honestly can't believe how relaxed they are they don't seem worried about relegation at all. They are utter dross and Steven Fletcher is a shit forward.

They'd be more worried if they were looking to stay up. I'm not sure how they'd handle it as they really should've gone down last year.