mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Well if they're to be believed on the smb, aye, it's all there.

Must admit I've never experienced fans being so orgasmic over a cup final DEFEAT though. For me, it's more gutting than a first round exit.

Aye it's certainly a strange philosophy. They've all been saying they had a "lovely time" having there hearts ripped from their chest.

Their victory is that they were there and we weren't and that wasn't going to change.

It's very different when Newcastle get to finals or close.

Bruges is a shithole.

Oops. Wrong thread.

:lol: Watched it again last night, still quality.

The whole classy thing is bizarre tbh, I love my city but I fully understand that there are some complete and utter scumbags in it. That's why I'd never claim our support is 'classier', than others or anything else. The weirdest thing is that forum seems to absoloutely love football violence yet is the first to kick off about the most pathetic instances of 'violence', for instance they were all loving the fact that some middle aged mackems kicked the hell out of some teenagers that supported the toon after a derby we won "they won the battle we won the war" among the stupid shite they posted, yet they all want to ring into the police and claim they wanted charges pressed against Pardew for brushing heads with Meyler (who I've little doubt wasn't intimidated or worried about Pardew). Odd bunch.

Edited by Howay

Aye it's certainly a strange philosophy. They've all been saying they had a "lovely time" having there hearts ripped from their chest.

Their victory is that they were there and we weren't and that wasn't going to change.

It's very different when Newcastle get to finals or close.

Small time thinking which brews from having a shit team for over 20 years.

Is it not just an argument from ignorance?

Their claim is subjective and abstract, how can you prove they aren't classy? Show them pictures of a torn up street? That only proves that the people who tore up the street weren't classy at that time, not that they were all sunderland fans, and certainly not that all sunderland fans are tearing up streets.

So if you can't prove they aren't classy, they must be classy.

The trouble that Newcastle currently have is that the representatives of our club (the owner, the manager, some fans) are acting like classless twats. They're plastering gaudy adverts for charver shops across the stadium, they're telling respected colleagues to "shut your noise you old cunt" and they're punching horses.

Glasshouses and all that.

Its just a large congregation of people who have dropped litter on the floor. Happens at most places where large crowds gather.

Im sure when we got confirmed at having the olympics the celebrations in the same area werent tidy that night. Most concerts , festivals etc the same

Clean the fucker up , no harm done and put plenty of money into the local tills

Its just a large congregation of people who have dropped litter on the floor. Happens at most places where large crowds gather.

Im sure when we got confirmed at having the olympics the celebrations in the same area werent tidy that night. Most concerts , festivals etc the same

Clean the fucker up , no harm done and put plenty of money into the local tills

As the resident mackem, can you explain why your lot take great pains to claim to be a "classy" club?

I mean, apart from the fact the word "classy" sounds ridiculous in your accent ;) , it's just a bizarre claim for the fans of any football club (with all their obvious problems) to claim.

Is it not just an argument from ignorance?

Their claim is subjective and abstract, how can you prove they aren't classy? Show them pictures of a torn up street? That only proves that the people who tore up the street weren't classy at that time, not that they were all sunderland fans, and certainly not that all sunderland fans are tearing up streets.

So if you can't prove they aren't classy, they must be classy.

The trouble that Newcastle currently have is that the representatives of our club (the owner, the manager, some fans) are acting like classless twats. They're plastering gaudy adverts for charver shops across the stadium, they're telling respected colleagues to "shut your noise you old cunt" and they're punching horses.

Glasshouses and all that.

We don't have a say in our manager or owner. One pissed up person punched a horse, a dickhead that wasn't even at the match iirc. But the main thing is, we don't claim to be classy, and I've never heard this imagined quality from other supporters either. Its fucking odd. Not only that, but the smb appear desperate to be liked.

I'm wondering if the Keegan era when we genuinely had a near universally liked team (and manager) is still getting to them.

As the resident mackem, can you explain why your lot take great pains to claim to be a "classy" club?

I mean, apart from the fact the word "classy" sounds ridiculous in your accent ;) , it's just a bizarre claim for the fans of any football club (with all their obvious problems) to claim.

I can confirm i have never heard anyone in real life describe us as "classy" . And have never heard anyone i have ever spoken too footy wise say newcastle had "no class" or words to that effect

Just think its an internet thing to be honest. Well it is to me anyway

I can confirm i have never heard anyone in real life describe us as "classy" . And have never heard anyone i have ever spoken too footy wise say newcastle had "no class" or words to that effect

Just think its an internet thing to be honest. Well it is to me anyway

Thing is, you say it's an internet thing as if only a strange subsect of society go on the internet to talk about their football club. RTG is awash with claims that NUFC are classless and that your club is like an issue of "Lady Magazine". :lol:

We don't have a say in our manager or owner. One pissed up person punched a horse, a dickhead that wasn't even at the match iirc. But the main thing is, we don't claim to be classy, and I've never heard this imagined quality from other supporters either. Its fucking odd. Not only that, but the smb appear desperate to be liked.

I'm wondering if the Keegan era when we genuinely had a near universally liked team (and manager) is still getting to them.

Don't all clubs' fans want to think of themselves as well liked by others (apart from Millwall)? Not to the extent of the Sky imagined "Everybody's second club" nonsense, but when you hear ex-pros or current managers saying that "Newcastle fans are great and knowledgeable" (or something less clunky) it's far better than "Those fuckers? They burned down my wife's habberdashery and left us down the poorhouse; starving and pennliess"... isn't it?

Thing is, you say it's an internet thing as if only a strange subsect of society go on the internet to talk about their football club. RTG is awash with claims that NUFC are classless and that your club is like an issue of "Lady Magazine". :lol:

Cant answer that as i can only say from my personal standpoint that i have never heard someone speak in them terms apart from on the internet

I wouldnt judge any person or club on "class"

I couldn't care less what other fans think of us.In fact,wheen i go to matcches home or away,and bump into opposition fans,i'm quite haappy to say hello,ask or answer a question ot two on how the travel went,then leave it at that.Makems do like a love-in with opposition fans and more so if the opposition fans have a dislike of us.Maybe our makem friend doesn't visit the rrg site.If not,a quick check will put him right on the envy,chip on the shoulder,and pure hatred felt towards us.And before he starts,NO,we are not the same.

I couldn't care less what other fans think of us.In fact,wheen i go to matcches home or away,and bump into opposition fans,i'm quite haappy to say hello,ask or answer a question ot two on how the travel went,then leave it at that.Makems do like a love-in with opposition fans and more so if the opposition fans have a dislike of us.Maybe our makem friend doesn't visit the rrg site.If not,a quick check will put him right on the envy,chip on the shoulder,and pure hatred felt towards us.And before he starts,NO,we are not the same.

Do any of the opposition fans answer you when you say hello?

Will you just fuck off you sad bastard