mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Why compare Rodwell to Colback?

Rodwell should be compared to Cabella. Or De Jong. Colback is a utility player to give us a bit more solidity.

If Colback proves more useful than Rodwell then the mackems will be truly fucked. I hope for their sakes (and our tbh) we are comparing the contributions of the flair attacking players we have brought in.

Colback and Rodwell are both central midfielders. The comparisson is obvious.

In terms of significance of the signings Cabella and SDJ would be more comparable.

It is hilarious reading that we're up in arms about them signing Rodwell like. Seen a few people raise an eybrow and say he might be a decent signing for him but that's it. No one cares we missed out (or stepped aside) but they seem to think we're all shitting ourselves or cursing the fact he's gone there. Mugs.

It is hilarious reading that we're up in arms about them signing Rodwell like. Seen a few people raise an eybrow and say he might be a decent signing for him but that's it. No one cares we missed out (or stepped aside) but they seem to think we're all shitting ourselves or cursing the fact he's gone there. Mugs.

Aye because to them Rodwell is a huge signing, they're not used to buying anyone of considerable note over the years. So small time it's laughable.

They're spot on about Ryder, the bloke is a disrespected local fuckwit. How would you sack a journalist for being a prick though, they'd end up with no one if that was the policy.

They're spot on about Ryder, the bloke is a disrespected local fuckwit. How would you sack a journalist for being a prick though, they'd end up with no one if that was the policy.

They're right about Ryder but they seem to think he represents our fanbase just because there's a few people leave comments on his articles (although most of the comments I've seen are people telling him he's a fucking idiot). According to them, one piss poor article by him means we're all shitting ourselves. It really does make you wonder what goes on in their heads.

Aye

They're right about Ryder but they seem to think he represents our fanbase just because there's a few people leave comments on his articles (although most of the comments I've seen are people telling him he's a fucking idiot). According to them, one piss poor article by him means we're all shitting ourselves. It really does make you wonder what goes on in their heads.

Aye, the truest song in life is "it could've beyn wuss ye cudda beyn born a mackem." It is as well.

I used to work at SJP in my days as a skint student. After a match in the championship where they got beat (maybe plymouth?) I was in the lift in the corporate bit going to the ground floor and it stopped at a floor. He was stood there and looked in and said "going down?", quick as a flash I replied "you are if you play like that every week Steven". Needless to say, I had the last laugh.

safc_graeme, Yesterday at 10:49 AM

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/just-met-steven-taylor.951688/page-3#ixzz3A0aZDW9i

He must mean the Championship season where we were unbeaten at home the entire season. Someone with an account over there pull the lying little bamp up please.

"Typical sunderland, three days until the start of the season and we still haven't sorted the striker situation, instead wasting time coverting a player who it seems pretty clear is not arsed about signing for us.
No doubt once again we will be the football equivalent of being pissed up in a nightclub at kicking out time, desperately prowling the dancefloor tapping up the fat birds."

:icon_lol:

Never heard of this kid from Brighton they're signing. Anyone know anything about him?

Just what Sky have said; Poyet tried to sign him last season and was the one to sign him at Brighton. Is Gus/Buckley the new 'Arry/Defoe?

Never heard of this kid from Brighton they're signing. Anyone know anything about him?

Will Buckley interview January 2012 (after his goal for Gus Poyet's Brighton knocked us out of the FA Cup):

"I was born in Oldham but started supporting Newcastle from watching Alan Shearer as a kid. I admired how he played, so that’s where the Newcastle connection came in.

"I was the only one in my family who supported Newcastle, just because of Shearer. I got a lot of stick from my mates because, coming from Oldham, they were all (Manchester) United fans."

How could you forget about the greatest English midfielder of the last 30 years that we're all so jealous about?

And they've signed a few other as well like van Aanholt and Pantilimon.