mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

What level are our players?

Too good for the Championship! Should be pissing it with all the money you've spent!

Comfort blanket? Complete rebuild when yers go up!

So not Championship level or Premier League level. They're the inbetweeny level completely invented to suit both agendas. :D

What level are our players?

Too good for the Championship! Should be pissing it with all the money you've spent!

Comfort blanket? Complete rebuild when yers go up!

So not Championship level or Premier League level. They're the inbetweeny level completely invented to suit both agendas. :D

I saw a Leeds fan claiming that exact thing. He suggested that when a PL2 is established, we'd be the first club in it.

Leeds fans know absolutely fuck all about football, as evidence by the fact they thought they did well against us and it was close, also evidenced by the fact they claim they are Champions of Europe when they are 100% not.

Used to go on this (now defunct) techno/electronic music forum called 'Little Detroit. Great anecdote, I know. Anyway, there was a Leeds fan on there who was spot on with the exception of when anything football related was discussed. He mentioned on more than one occasion how funny it was that we'd just been relegated (the time before this one). He also seemed to view Leeds as a massive club and saw the likes of Man Utd as being their rivals. This was despite their having just failed to get promoted via the playoffs from the third tier of English football. Like I say he seemed a decent enough kid but he also seemed to sum up the mentality of a lot of Leeds fans.

Edited by Alex

It always amazes me that there are any nufc fans on there. I know you go on from time to time but some people on there seem more dedicated even than you. Why?

You can see they're delusional just from reading their posts. It doesn't need to be publicly stated, its self evident.

Clearly pissing a lower league lacking in quality after being allowed to spend a fortune that league has never seen. He'll see winning the league and promotion as an achievement when in reality it's been sussed by the likes of Mick McCarthy in the past. 

:spit:

It always amazes me that there are any nufc fans on there. I know you go on from time to time but some people on there seem more dedicated even than you. Why?

You can see they're delusional just from reading their posts. It doesn't need to be publicly stated, its self evident.

@@The Fish reckons he lurvs the clurb and wouldn't go.

;)

Personally I like to hear opinions from fans of other clubs and while the overwhelming majority of Ready to Go can't have a conversation with a Newcastle fan without devolving into a furious dispenser of cliche and nonsense, there are a few times you can actually have a considered conversation.

Same is true on a few other message boards, and I'm sure it would be true for an opposing fan on N-O.