mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Yeah they did seem particularly animated about this game. Normally we get a thread but 31 pages is rather extreme. Why were Villa the ones who they've championed to bring us down ffs.

It was Derby at one point in all, they were all getting excited that McClaren would knock us out the automatic spots as he went on a little run but that sharp ended.

Honestly man for a support that were giving it the big one about how little they'd bother with us just a few months back they're paying pretty close attention to the form of mid table Championship sides. I guess without their completely against form wins over a shambolic Alan Pardew team to get them excited they've realized just how utter shit they are.

I remember getting on a train to London on the last day of the season last year. The mackems of course got on at Watford (who they'd played) and, rather than singing anything about themselves, were going on about Rafa Benitez. Should've recorded it so I could play it back to some of them in a few months' time :D 

Mind you, I wouldn't mind if they stayed up, cos Rafa v Moyes gives me much greater hope of a derby win than anything since Brucey was in charge there.

It was Derby at one point in all, they were all getting excited that McClaren would knock us out the automatic spots as he went on a little run but that sharp ended.

Honestly man for a support that were giving it the big one about how little they'd bother with us just a few months back they're paying pretty close attention to the form of mid table Championship sides. I guess without their completely against form wins over a shambolic Alan Pardew team to get them excited they've realized just how utter shit they are.

They're just trying to deflect themselves from the utter shambles that is SAFC. Just reading that "Mackem in Milan" thread, a comment that they have seen a mackem in Milan. Taking it literally, totally devoid of the logic that the whole thing was a dig at their club's failure to get anywhere near a the Champions League or Europe in the past 30 years.

They're just trying to deflect themselves from the utter shambles that is SAFC. Just reading that "Mackem in Milan" thread, a comment that they have seen a mackem in Milan. Taking it literally, totally devoid of the logic that the whole thing was a dig at their club's failure to get anywhere near a the Champions League or Europe in the past 30 years.

I suppose it's our fault for missing out "supporting their team in a premier European competition they'd qualified for"

:lol: Aye they love that. To be fair to them it is fairly miraculous that one of the tramps was able to save enough giro to get a trip over there.

I'd be happy to see them relegated and stay down. There's no enjoyment from those games tbh, lose and it's like they've won the CL grown men crying etc, beat them and they turn into the mopiest fucking sods and aren't even fun to poke fun at "you still going on about that? It's been two days man". I hope they're losing to Burton And struggling in the bottom half this time next season.

• 2 weeks later...