mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

11 hours ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

Yeah I wouldn't say I've actually ever hated them lot. I pity them more than anything because they only exist to compare themselves to us.

I must admit, i hate the fuckers and I'm delighted to see them right in the clarts.

I've met and worked with a canny few sound ones but all the same, I tend to agree in a collective sense. Also, imagine if roles were reversed and any hint of feeling sorry for them tends to dissipate

2 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

I've had the odd sensible conversation with makems but only when both teams are doing shite.

It's got "mackem" under your user name, is this some in house forum joke ?  Honest question like.

2 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

It's got "mackem" under your user name, is this some in house forum joke ?  Honest question like.

He's pretty much obsessed with them to the extent he's largely regarded as being just like one and it's admin having a little joke at his expense.

7 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

I've had the odd sensible conversation with makems but only when both teams are doing shite.

:lol: That's probably about right like

Hilarious threat on RTG at the minute where the opening post says they under estimated the championship and everyone else is replying saying they all thought they'd struggle.  This all seems very different from the predictions I was seeing from most of them pre season.

37 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Hilarious threat on RTG at the minute where the opening post says they under estimated the championship and everyone else is replying saying they all thought they'd struggle.  This all seems very different from the predictions I was seeing from most of them pre season.

Maybe 'tin-pot league' was code for 'we'll struggle'

58 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

All the mackems I know have gone missing or "lost interest" so I'm just going off last seasons predictions. It's a pub league and they should be pissing it.

As it stands - Relegrayson

It's been a vintage few months for mackem delusion, like. They're the only people on Earth that could convince themselves that Simon Grayson is a better manager than Rafa Benitez. I wish I hated anything that much, where the mere presence of Newcastle United on Rafa's CV made them completely ignore everything he's done in football.

After a not too bad opening two games - they seemed confident of at least the playoffs too. At least - 

Nice to see teams like Sheff Utd/Leeds turn up to a half empty Crisp Packet Emporium and take the piss like. :lol:

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

It's been a vintage few months for mackem delusion, like. They're the only people on Earth that could convince themselves that Simon Grayson is a better manager than Rafa Benitez. I wish I hated anything that much, where the mere presence of Newcastle United on Rafa's CV made them completely ignore everything he's done in football.

I think the thing is that if you disregard all of the information about why our club is an objectively superior and higher profile entity, which they do, they won't be able to understand why anyone of Rafa's calibre would be here.

And the fact that they guy has embraced the city and its people will make it even worse. So obviously he must be shit. It's the only explanation they're psychologically able to handle.

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

I think the thing is that if you disregard all of the information about why our club is an objectively superior and higher profile entity, which they do, they won't be able to understand why anyone of Rafa's calibre would be here.

And the fact that they guy has embraced the city and its people will make it even worse. So obviously he must be shit. It's the only explanation they're psychologically able to handle.

I expect for a few of them it's just bluster. I cannot fathom anyone thinking of us as anything other than the more relevant(?) of the two clubs, all but the most blinkered would surely concede that? Which is why you'll hear them use indefinite qualities like "classier", "proper"  and the like.

For some there's a reliance on twisting the facts to create a reality where; all Newcastle players are shit, all Newcastle managers are shit, all ex-Newcastle players are shit unless they do well at another club at which point it was the aforementioned shit managers that did for them, all ex-Newcastle managers are better than the incumbent, all points are lucky, all losses thoroughly deserved, all penalties are soft, all red cards are blatant.

Our Championship team was both utterly shit and way too good for that league. But only because we spent more than anyone else (we didn't) and kept our best players (we didn't). Our c£30m surplus is irrelevant to our expenditure. Also the number of players brought in for that £55m is irrelevant. Players must be bought for the 1st team, if that's not the case they're a waste of money. We were shit at home (we weren't), were too defensive (we scored plenty), while also looking shaky at the back (we didn't). Only a few of that title winning side would get in their team that is currently around 20th?  Grayson was a better option than Benitez because the former is experienced in that league and the latter isn't. 

Oh by the way, Benitez' managerial ability wasn't responsible for any of his many trophies, all were due to inheriting good sides, luck, or spending a fortune because he's a chequebook manager.

It's bizarre. There are plenty of real, actual, truthful things to have a dig at Newcastle United (and some of our fans) about, I cannot for the life of me understand why they'd try to take positions that are so simple to demonstrate hold no water?

• Like 1

Aye that about sums it up Fish. 

They're hilarious mind. 20th ffs :lol: how fucking shite are they, they got battered at home to Sheffield Utd (not on scoreline but on performance). I hope Burton Albion give them a right hiding.

I genuinely hope they go down to league one. I think there's a good chance they will as I can't see that dick head Short coughing up the money to fuck Grayson ( :lol: still find it hilarious that no mark is their manager, and they STILL try and have pops that Rafa Benitez is our manager!) off. If he did sack Grayson, where do They go from there? Vanarama Conference North managers?