mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

They lit up Penshaw Monument when we went down and went on as if they'd won the World Cup.

I think they'll go into administration and I  think they'll be relegated and they'll get zero sympathy from me.

I'll laugh my head off if it continues to go to shit for them. I can't see the atmosphere improving either, a lot of them seemed to think they'd make the playoffs or better just because Grayson has experience.

The fans are going to be huffy for years, especially as they'll now be paying for their tickets because there's no TV money. 

Enjoy it, they've had it coming for a long time.

• Like 3

Ever since a ginger slag from Consett failed to bring me off I knew these cunts weren't worth my time.

Everything Tom said plus I remember an ad on Radio Newcastle advertising season tickets for the Premya Leeyuge just over a year ago. The irony being that we were a division lower and not having to advertise anywhere seemingly lost on them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Couldn't give a fuck about derby days personally, it brings the wankers out of the woodwork on both sides and generally it's a shit game. I'd be happy if we never played those tramps again.

There can still be derby days with Boro while they languish in League 2.

7 hours ago, Leon said:

I do feel for them only because it has a feel of Leyton Orient to it and despite our record, I miss derby days.   Having more teams from the North East succeeding in the Premier League can only be a good thing.

Fuck them. Hope the cunts go into administration. Inbred bastards 

They don't have a single premier league quality player in their squad. Which is why they're in 22nd place in the 2nd division.

Shelvey is a quality player but at the moment he can't get near Merino. Some of the balls MM plays are less Hollywood but more effective.

I don't think I'll ever understand that mentality. He's evidently one of the best managers in world football and the other guy is Simon Grayson who...got Huddersfield promoted from league one and that's all I know about him.

Rafa was invited to an elite coaching forum with UEFA the other week with all the best managers in football. Even Sunday supplement said he was one of the top ten in the world :lol: 

I mean, there are a lot of better managers than Grayson who you can't mention in the same breath as Rafa.

19 hours ago, The Fish said:

If they go into administration will the points be deducted from this season, or next? If it's this season then yes, they most likely will go down. 

They get a -10pt penalty and continue on their Ppg, they'll end up on around 28pts. Rotherham managed 23pts and Blackburn were relegated on 51pts. Leeds were relegated on 36pts after their 10pt deduction.

Isn't their current expected points total a shade under 31?  Even without a 10pt penalty?

So they have to do a full 7 wins better than Blackburn did last season (on current form).

1 hour ago, Tom said:

They don't have a single premier league quality player in their squad. Which is why they're in 22nd place in the 2nd division.

Shelvey is a quality player but at the moment he can't get near Merino. Some of the balls MM plays are less Hollywood but more effective.

I think you'll find that;

DKfPIZkWAAAOl11.jpg

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

He doesn't believe that for a second you know, these are just things they're telling each other to fend off the darkness.

There's one on there who maintains that he'd still rather have Grayson than Benitez if it was a straight choice.

Edited by The Fish

If they honestly think shite like that now it’s clear those people know nothing about football. 

That post the Fish screenshotted and put up before is hilarious btw. That’s another reason this season has been so fucking brilliant, they spent the whole of last season arguing that their squad was far better than ours as they’re in the PL. That’s been thoroughly debunked after less than 10 games each, and if they still think their squad is better then Rafa Benitez is the best in the world, they can’t have that shit argument both ways. We can mind, our squad is far better, and as Tom pointed out it’s insulting to Benitez to be mentioned in the same sentence as their manager let alone compared to him. 

1 hour ago, Howay said:

If they honestly think shite like that now it’s clear those people know nothing about football. 

That post the Fish screenshotted and put up before is hilarious btw. That’s another reason this season has been so fucking brilliant, they spent the whole of last season arguing that their squad was far better than ours as they’re in the PL. That’s been thoroughly debunked after less than 10 games each, and if they still think their squad is better then Rafa Benitez is the best in the world, they can’t have that shit argument both ways. We can mind, our squad is far better, and as Tom pointed out it’s insulting to Benitez to be mentioned in the same sentence as their manager let alone compared to him. 

To be fair I reckon there'll be plenty of dickheads in every team's fanbase, dickhead Everton fans who think Liverpool are shit, Klopp is terrible and Coutinho is over rated. The trouble Sunderland have is that so many gauge their team's success and failure by comparing it to ours. Allardyce is widely lauded on Wearside, but I guarantee had we comfortably survived* he would be viewed much less favourably. He had much of the season and barely dragged them to safety, and has left them with a pretty shocking squad.

It didn't really matter how they fared in the league as long as they beat us and when they had a manager who had them comfortably midtable they weren't happy because his record against us was poor.

Flip that and while our support might enjoy their struggles, and will happily laud it over them, none of us were happy to be in a relegation fight even when we finished above them. That might be arrogance on our part, but I honestly don't think their ups and downs matter as much to us and ours do for them. We judge ourselves against clubs we think we can compete with, those teams may change given our situation, but it's more likely to be Spurs, Everton, and latterly Stoke, West Brom and Southampton, than it is Sunderland AFC. This season we'd be happy to finish 14th, regardless of where Sunderland finish or what league they're in. That we could treat the Championship as a fucking spa weekend, must absolutely kill them.

*which I think we would have had Benitez come in earlier, or had we had someone better than McClaren for the majority of the season

Everton definitely have those fans, they’re scouse mackems. 

I agree though, they will always compare themselves to us. It showed massively last season as despite the “I won’t watch the lower leagues” craic many of them on RTG were clearly hunting for streams of our matches, I make no bones about it I’d watch a game or two of theirs to have a laugh but I won’t go out of my way looking for streams nor will I watch more than 3 of their games this season (I’ve watched 0 as of now). 

7 minutes ago, Howay said:

Everton definitely have those fans, they’re scouse mackems. 

I agree though, they will always compare themselves to us. It showed massively last season as despite the “I won’t watch the lower leagues” craic many of them on RTG were clearly hunting for streams of our matches, I make no bones about it I’d watch a game or two of theirs to have a laugh but I won’t go out of my way looking for streams nor will I watch more than 3 of their games this season (I’ve watched 0 as of now). 

Aye, I haven't watched a single one of their games. Don't know if they've been on tv yet either.  I'll go on RTG because:

• it's busy
  • there's a few stories about their club at the minute like administration, league form etc.
  • there's plenty of threads about Newcastle

We have one thread about the mackems, I think NO is fairly similar, they not only have 300+ page threads about Benitez started in August, but have various threads about the "Mag at work", or one of our players, or the perceived pro-NUFC bias of the local media, and so on. 

That said, I don't read their fanzine, I don't follow their local journo's (as they do for Ryder, Douglas etc.) I don't watch their matches and what have you.

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

Aye, I haven't watched a single one of their games. Don't know if they've been on tv yet either.  I'll go on RTG because:

• it's busy
  • there's a few stories about their club at the minute like administration, league form etc.
  • there's plenty of threads about Newcastle

We have one thread about the mackems, I think NO is fairly similar, they not only have 300+ page threads about Benitez started in August, but have various threads about the "Mag at work", or one of our players, or the perceived pro-NUFC bias of the local media, and so on. 

That said, I don't read their fanzine, I don't follow their local journo's (as they do for Ryder, Douglas etc.) I don't watch their matches and what have you.

They also have a Newcastle match thread for our games, that in its self is just fucking weird.

7 hours ago, Howay said:

They may possibly know a lot about football in a vacuum but their pure, undistilled hatred for Newcastle United completely blinds them to any kind of objective thinking. Now, these are people with jobs and positions of responsibility - maybe they're a doctor or a lighthouse keeper. These are people with children, tasked with the job of siring a child and instilling them with values that will make them a respectable human being. These are daughters, sons, mothers and fathers; people with their own waking thoughts, neuroses, fears and hopes. Another simple cog in the mystery that is human existence. And I, for my sins, spend a lot of time pondering these grand questions. Why are we here? Why is life this wondrous mystery that we burden with such mundanity? Why are we loaded with a mind that can't switch off, even for a second, as thoughts, emotions, anxieties and disappointments encompass our every living moment? What makes any one human different from another? Is it gender, race, sexual orientation or simply enjoying pineapple on pizza? For me, no matter the answers to those questions, I take one solitary solace. As I run the gamut of inexplicable human emotion in my life, I will never - not once ever - even in my darkest moments, even when fuelled by momentary passion, hatred or spite - be so wrapped up in vile hatred that I could convince myself that Simon Grayson is a better football manager than Rafa Benitez. 

• Like 9

45 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

They may possibly know a lot about football in a vacuum but their pure, undistilled hatred for Newcastle United completely blinds them to any kind of objective thinking. Now, these are people with jobs and positions of responsibility - maybe they're a doctor or a lighthouse keeper. These are people with children, tasked with the job of siring a child and instilling them with values that will make them a respectable human being. These are daughters, sons, mothers and fathers; people with their own waking thoughts, neuroses, fears and hopes. Another simple cog in the mystery that is human existence. And I, for my sins, spend a lot of time pondering these grand questions. Why are we here? Why is life this wondrous mystery that we burden with such mundanity? Why are we loaded with a mind that can't switch off, even for a second, as thoughts, emotions, anxieties and disappointments encompass our every living moment? What makes any one human different from another? Is it gender, race, sexual orientation or simply enjoying pineapple on pizza? For me, no matter the answers to those questions, I take one solitary solace. As I run the gamut of inexplicable human emotion in my life, I will never - not once ever - even in my darkest moments, even when fuelled by momentary passion, hatred or spite - be so wrapped up in vile hatred that I could convince myself that Simon Grayson is a better football manager than Rafa Benitez. 

:lol::lol:

Quality, I also agree btw a lot of them talk sense about footy but then it comes to us and they’d say they’d prefer their 2005-06 squad over our 1995-96 squad “any day marra”. It’s the same blind spot that caused them to say they’d take Lee Cattermole over Yohan Cabaye.