mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

23 minutes ago, Alex said:

It's not just that, you also have to question what sort of state they leave the club in if they go down soon after which has happened several times with Allardyce. It also suggests a very one dimensional approach in terms of the way the team can play and if you change that the players can't cope, i.e. he wants robots rather than adaptable players who can think on their feet when needed, as you alluded to with your earlier post.

Definitely. Especially seeing as he usually comes in as an "impact" manager so clubs chuck money at him which he spends extortionate amounts on players (who are average at best and limited to his style of play) leaving anyone who's picking up the pieces after him with little amount to spend to get better players in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

Definitely. Especially seeing as he usually comes in as an "impact" manager so clubs chuck money at him which he spends extortionate amounts on players (who are average at best and limited to his style of play) leaving anyone who's picking up the pieces after him with little amount to spend to get better players in.

Aye, good point re: the blowing of the budget for future managers.

1 hour ago, David Kelly said:

Aye that was my first reaction to reading that.  They escaped by the skin of their teeth, it's not like he'd rocketed them up the table.  They'd been out of the bottom three for about 30 days all season if memory serves.

pl-2015-16-days-in-each-pos-2016-05-09.p

Can't find a "final version" for the 15/16 season, but yeah he only managed 40 odd days outside the bottom three and zero days outside the bottom 4.

by comparison, this was them in 2016/17

pl-days-in-each-position-2016-17.png?w=8

14 hours ago, Tdansmith said:

The crowd for that match at Oldham was 1107 with 50 Newcastle fans there.

Meanwhile Sunderland played Grimsby away in front of crowd of 248 with 3 yes 3 mackems there.

Respect to all those traveling fans btw.  

I can't find a thread about their game and support.

"When the players ended their warm-up I shouted 'Come on lads, we've come all this way so give us a win'," said Jewitt.

"However, the players didn't even come over at the end, I didn't get a shirt or anything. We didn't get back until about 2am."

Says it all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

"When the players ended their warm-up I shouted 'Come on lads, we've come all this way so give us a win'," said Jewitt.

"However, the players didn't even come over at the end, I didn't get a shirt or anything. We didn't get back until about 2am."

Says it all.

:icon_lol: Next years he'll get socks for his birthday 

6 hours ago, Tdansmith said:

I dunno, why don't you ask them seeing that you love them so much :icon_lol:

I don't love them, I love you. You're my sun and stars.

• Like 1

On 9 November 2017 at 2:33 PM, The Fish said:

What is it with them and trying to make football friends?

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/boro-fans.1401269/

They've been trying to make friends with Millwall for a few weeks.Now they're trying to find out how many will be travelling up.Clearly shutting their already shitstained undercrackers.

14 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

They've been trying to make friends with Millwall for a few weeks.Now they're trying to find out how many will be travelling up.Clearly shutting their already shitstained undercrackers.

Actually that whole thread is comedy gold, especially when "Madbob the makem" goes on about knowing the millwall senior crew run by Harry the dog who is still game as mustard apparently.

Then a few posts later someone points out Harry the Dog died in 2013 as an old alcoholic. Madbob's reply "must be a different Harry the Dog".

32 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Actually that whole thread is comedy gold, especially when "Madbob the makem" goes on about knowing the millwall senior crew run by Harry the dog who is still game as mustard apparently.

Then a few posts later someone points out Harry the Dog died in 2013 as an old alcoholic. Madbob's reply "must be a different Harry the Dog".

:lol:

3 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

:lol::lol::lol:

RIP Harry.