mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Aye, if there was going to be a significant spend it would have came in the summer. Why would Short have held onto the Pickford funds if he was in a position to use them?

When they first went down they could well have signed the promotion push level players. Now they will be looking at upper League One/bottom end of Championship players imo. Even if they do manage to survive it’ll be similar to their PL tenure where they will be fighting the drop from the Championship and getting a progressively weaker playing staff. If that happens there would be potential for them to have a season in League One like they  are having this season, they’re a real fucking mess and the owner doesn’t seem to spot the trends. On that point I actually think it may be better for them to drop now rather than cling on a few seasons before dropping, they’re fucked either way imo but the big upside for their fans is if they drop this season they may cement themselves as a solid mid table side in League One. Exciting times for the North East with our potential takeover and the possibility that Jack Rodwell and Watmore might finally find their level. 

Jeez, to think he looked like a reasonable player at times too. Sunderland - where talent goes to die.

the best thing is they could be playing Shola next year :lol: 

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Aye. Shola in division three in his black & white top belting goals past the Mackems will be a dream come true for him :lol: 

And me :lol:

2 hours ago, Tdansmith said:

:lol: Just a continuation of their absolute obsession with having people be MLF. I genuinely couldn’t give a fuck who that completely woeful player supports, it’s entirely irrelevant. 

They’re down if they are pinning their hopes to Jack Colback going there and being some sort of driving force to keep them up. 

15 hours ago, Howay said:

Aye, if there was going to be a significant spend it would have came in the summer. Why would Short have held onto the Pickford funds if he was in a position to use them?

Making the same gamble Ashley does with us? In thinking what he's got is enough.

16 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Why are you so keen for there to be an alternative story when their financial situation is factual?

Fish is from seaton sluice iirc. Counterintuitively, there are actually a lot of mackems living in SE Northumberland.

BURN HIM

37 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Why are you so keen for there to be an alternative story when their financial situation is factual?

Good question, it's fairly common knowledge that their finances are absolutely fucked isn't it? Especially without the premier league TV money rolling in.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

And the Ashley comparison isn't apt given their net spend compared to ours over recent years.

Is "The Fish" - if that is his real name - simply a double agent that's got away with it for far too long?

If you're REALLY a Newcastle United fan "The Fish" you'll know this -

Brian Kilcline has a nine metre metal sculpture at his home....what creature does it depict & what is its name? 

• Haha 2

I'm just not getting my hopes up. 

And I've been consistent with my position; they're shite, but I don't think they'll go down.

Just now, Tom said:

Is "The Fish" - if that is his real name - simply a double agent that's got away with it for far too long?

If you're REALLY a Newcastle United fan "The Fish" you'll know this -

Brian Kilcline has a nine metre metal sculpture at his home....what creature does it depict & what is its name? 

It's a dragon, isn't it? Fuck knows what it's called