mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

6 hours ago, adios said:

@The Fish

I like to think I have a pretty broad vocabulary but I also use different lexicons (ooooOOOOOooooh!) with different people.  ie I don't talk about Game Theory Optimal strategy with everyone like I'm talking to a fellow professional.  As I'm sure you don't talk about Data Science, or whatever, with thompers like you do a work colleague.  

See Hemingway vs Faulkner (the twat).  They both have their place but they know it.  I enjoy Will Self ffs but I don't recommend him to many.

Obviously you are free to do whatever the fuck you want but I'm just trying to support what The Quiff is saying.  Language is first and foremost about clear communication but I also like to think about what makes me sounds like a cunt, like ditching the use of "whom" and "one" and that missing comma at the start of this sentence in this particular circle.

Nah, fuck ‘em.

Manager Chris Coleman said: “Throughout my time at the football club I have continually reiterated that I only wish to work with players who want to be here and work hard for Sunderland.

“Lewis informed us of his desire to leave and we wish him well.”

:lol::lol: If that was true he’d be picking from the stands. 

Cant blame Grabban at all mind, leaves that utter mess and will likely be playing for the top side shortly. 

“Coleman: Coming here, before we kicked a ball, we knew we were up against it. We have to be a bit realistic. #safc”

:lol: He’s talking about a side in the same division. Looks like MLF and world class manager Chris has hoyed in the towel like Moyes did last season. 

58 minutes ago, Howay said:

“Coleman: Coming here, before we kicked a ball, we knew we were up against it. We have to be a bit realistic. #safc”

:lol: He’s talking about a side in the same division. Looks like MLF and world class manager Chris has hoyed in the towel like Moyes did last season. 

He said something about Boro having superstars in their team too. :lol:   

• Like 1

Why he took the job in the first place was a real head scratcher, surely he could see the absolute shambles of a club it is and the shocking squad of players they have? He also knew there wasn't any money to improve it so the only explanation is his ego was that big he actually believed he could turn things around :lol:

Never liked the smarmy prick so they are a match made in heaven :lol:

Horrible, embarrassing, unwashed useless wankers :lol:

56 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Why he took the job in the first place was a real head scratcher, surely he could see the absolute shambles of a club it is and the shocking squad of players they have? He also knew there wasn't any money to improve it so the only explanation is his ego was that big he actually believed he could turn things around :lol:

Never liked the smarmy prick so they are a match made in heaven :lol:

Horrible, embarrassing, unwashed useless wankers :lol:

I've never particularly took to him either. I had doubts about him as a manager before he took the Sunderland job and you just have to question his decision making knowing the shit they're in. I'd definitely go with ego too. You look at McCarthy and Reid and can say they were likeable as blokes if you take away the Sunderland angle. Coleman doesn't come across as likeable or any good either. Think he lucked out with Wales in the Euros big time with Speed's crop.

Edited by Howmanheyman

3 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

I've never particularly took to him either. I had doubts about him as a manager before he took the Sunderland job and you just have to question his decision making knowing the shit they're in. I'd definitely go with ego too. You look at McCarthy and Reid and can say they were likeable as blokes if you take away the Sunderland angle. Coleman doesn't come across as likeable or any good either. Think he lucked out with Wales in the Euros big time with Speed's crop.

Also the fact that there was an extra 8 places up for grabs for the last Euros so it was a piece of piss to qualify for and then get out the group stage only needing to get top 3 out of 4 teams.

3 hours ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

Also the fact that there was an extra 8 places up for grabs for the last Euros so it was a piece of piss to qualify for and then get out the group stage only needing to get top 3 out of 4 teams.

No Gareth Bale to get him out the shit now either. 

Edited by Bizza