mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

The only thing they have going for them is how tight it is at the bottom of the table.

That's it.

They've got no money and if they did...who in their right mind would sign for them? The best they'll get is league one players who are taking a gamble.

Im curious to know the financial difference between league one and the championship. Looking at Short's lack of investment it must be negligible.

6 hours ago, Tom said:

The only thing they have going for them is how tight it is at the bottom of the table.

That's it.

They've got no money and if they did...who in their right mind would sign for them? The best they'll get is league one players who are taking a gamble.

Im curious to know the financial difference between league one and the championship. Looking at Short's lack of investment it must be negligible.

They’ll still be getting parachute payments as well 

49 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Aye but remember they were really excited about him at the time. Was going to propel them to great heights iirc.

If they hadn't had such high hopes for him it wouldn't be nearly as funny

This sounds like shit ITK bollocks but Rodwell was meant to have some sessions with a well known locally-based sports / motivation coach to help sort his head out etc. Anyway, he didn't turn up for the first couple of sessions so the bloke in question contacted Rodwell to ask if there was an issue. He said he wasn't arsed if Rodwell didn't want to see him but he'd rather know one way or the other so as not to waste everyone's time. Rodwell's response was he wouldn't be turning up because he wasn't interested and all he was bothered about was getting away from Sunderland asap. As others have mentioned, quite where he thinks he'll get anything approaching what he's on now is anybody's guess.

3 hours ago, Tom said:

Understandable I suppose. He's supposed to be holding out for a payoff too...which would be more than sunderlands transfer budget I imagine...

Where has shit Don Goodman gone
And where are all the gods?
Wheyes Keyes are these, our Hercules
To fight the rising odds?

Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed?
Late at night I toss and I turn, I dream of the mags getting beat....

I need a payoff
I'm holding out for a payoff from the stadium of light
It's gotta be good
And it's gotta be fast
And it's for me cos I'm fucking shite
I need a payoff
I'm holding out for a payoff 'til the morning light
And you betta be sure
It's gotta be soon
And I'd rather play for East Fife
Play for East Fife.

• Haha 3

Apparently they're in talks for him from Coldplay.  Would be a reasonable signing for them.  His records probably not quite as good as Grabban's but he scores goals and he's got a bit of experience which they need given their other striking options.  Looks like, similar to us, the stuck with scratching about for loans.