mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Nice to see these twats getting what they deserve... and I mean the 'fans' not the club....

sorry forgot to add marra... 6 in a row... 9-1 and FTM.... apologies for the edit

Edited by Dougle

18 minutes ago, Dougle said:

Nice to see these twats getting what they deserve... and I mean the 'fans' not the club....

That’s unfair. The club deserves it too

Yeh they absolutely both deserve it. The behaviour of the fans regarding Johnson hasn't changed by the way.

Not every fan deserves it, I know decent Sunderland fans but I don't sympathise.

Its modern football, it's ruthless & at the end of the day who the fuck are Sunderland!?

Dont forget that a lot of fans happy to willy wave because they won a Derby have completely abandoned the club this year and that had nothing to do with them doing badly.

I don't think they've had a crowd above 30k all year and I'd be surprised if there was 15k there yesterday, even if the club claim it was 29k or whatever.

Short has all but written them off and so have the fans. Now it's just John O'Shea stood there alone, confused. 

Ghost club.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom said:

Yeh they absolutely both deserve it. The behaviour of the fans regarding Johnson hasn't changed by the way.

Not every fan deserves it, I know decent Sunderland fans but I don't sympathise.

Its modern football, it's ruthless & at the end of the day who the fuck are Sunderland!?

Dont forget that a lot of fans happy to willy wave because they won a Derby have completely abandoned the club this year and that had nothing to do with them doing badly.

I don't think they've had a crowd above 30k all year and I'd be surprised if there was 15k there yesterday, even if the club claim it was 29k or whatever.

Short has all but written them off and so have the fans. Now it's just John O'Shea stood there alone, confused. 

Ghost club.

Aye. 

Honestly, the longer they left getting relegated, the longer they sacked managers in time for the derby, the longer they took with the Johnson fiasco, the more desperate they got, the longer they clung to the derby games, the longer they kept spending money they didn't have, the bigger the fall was always going to be. But, as they say in Eastern Europe, tough shitski. :ok:

• Like 1

I think the ridiculous way a lot of them reacted to our relegation and season in the Championship adds to it as well. They even continued this false arrogance when they were having yet another of the worst seasons in Premier League history, and despite the fact they survived by 1 point after taking 4 off us.

That video of the mackems being interviewed outside the ground is fucking belta and sums them up. There’s one realistic one imo who basically says both clubs have it rough and they’re in no place to laugh, then it cuts to two fat munters with gurns worse than a British bulldog, complete with club shop ties (for fuck sake) who are saying “thasss cos weyaahh in the puremeyaah leeeeague not the championship”. I hope that big heaping of humble pie is making them sick now, saying that they seemed so fucking thick they’d still try and look down on NUFC despite there not being a single thing them or their city should look down at Newcastle or NUFC over. 

Good fucking riddance tbh, there are canny ones and realistic ones but the majority of their fan base has become so rabid, obsessive, and fucking ridiculous about NUFC that they fully deserve this. 

Fwiw they have some belta threads about Lee Cattermole on there at the moment, seems they’ve finally clicked onto the fact he’s absolutely fucking shite when they don’t get to wank off to him lunging into horrific tackles against NUFC twice a season. They used to genuinely say he was better than Cabaye and Tiote :lol::lol::lol: some are trying to say it’s just because he’s old and his legs are going but the bloke is 29 ffs, it’s just because he’s a fucking donkey and always has been. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 2

They've got a shitty run of fixtures too. Away to relegation rivals Bolton, then the Tees Wear "derby", away to Millwall which is never easy, home to promotion chasing Villa... Ending the season with Wolves and Fulham who're the highest scoring teams in the division.

And every team (even the relegation rivals) will view them as an opportunity to get all three points, home or away.

I knew they were gash when they went down and didn't think they'd come straight back up because not many sides do but I'm still struggling to get my head around just how shite they are.

Tbh I saw a good post on there the other day that summed it up well. Managers aside, they took a team which was relegated pretty comprehensively from the PL last year, sold two of its best players, and loaned out all the other decent ones.

No fucking mystery that they ended up at the foot of the Championship on that evidence.

You have to wonder how many of the current crop of players will stay when they fall into League 1 as well. Oviedo must see himself as above that. Cattermole possibly, shit as he is. O'Shea? How many will actually stick around for League 1...

Surely the big earners would rather move for new contracts at a different Championship club on less money than face at least 1 season playing on a bog in front of 5k at Southend and Fleetwood?

Even if it's for less money than they're on now?

At least it might give them an opportunity to get a better deal again in a years time?

28 minutes ago, Alex said:

Depends on the individual contracts I would guess, a 2nd relegation might not have been factored into them.

Aye true - I doubt the club really considered this possible.

7 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Surely the big earners would rather move for new contracts at a different Championship club on less money than face at least 1 season playing on a bog in front of 5k at Southend and Fleetwood?

Even if it's for less money than they're on now?

At least it might give them an opportunity to get a better deal again in a years time?

I would think so - plus Sunderland may very well want to offload them anyway.